Who has VA Disability?

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s official coli. Got my rating last week. 100% with P&T. $4100 a month with 2 dependents

Just a timeline for my folks still going through the process. Obviously everyone will be different because I was doing a BDD claim.

20 yrs active duty- officially retired 1 jan as an E-8.

Started my BDD claim in Aug, went through all my appointments from November to December. Officially found out last week my rating.

Ask me anything you want.
Congrats breh. I've been diagnosed with chronic/severe PTSD since 2016 and been going back religiously since and the last 4 years I was on a non deploy waiver because of it. Do you think that's enough to get 100% of course I got other shyt but I been staying in mental health

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Wanted to get it for my hearing but hearing is a big deal in my current career and I need to pass a hearing test every 2 yrs.

Doctors have told me for awhile I got pretty substantial in my right ear

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Congrats breh. I've been diagnosed with chronic/severe PTSD since 2016 and been going back religiously since and the last 4 years I was on a non deploy waiver because of it. Do you think that's enough to get 100% of course I got other shyt but I been staying in mental health
Sorry to hear that breh. I been diagnosed with PTSD as well. Im not sure how the exact math works on how to get 100%.

But for me, all my claims came out to about 370% total, i had 24 total claims. Some were 0%, some were 10%.

My highest were

PTSD- 50%
Sleep apnea- 50%
Combat injury on leg (being shot)- 50%
Multiple back injuries- 50% each

So probably depends on what percentage you’re currently at. 50% PTSD could take you to 100%

Ransoming

Pro
Daps
I was prescribed zoloft after going to medical on the ship for anxiety. There giving me the option to continue medication and eventually going to therapy when I get back from deployment. I don’t think i have an official diagnosis for anxiety. What would be the best way about going to get that?

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
I was prescribed zoloft after going to medical on the ship for anxiety. There giving me the option to continue medication and eventually going to therapy when I get back from deployment. I don’t think i have an official diagnosis for anxiety. What would be the best way about going to get that?
You can do both as long as it’s in your records you should be cool. That you took medicine and seen a therapist so they can diagnose you. Once you get that diagnosis from your therapist it will help when you go to apply for your claim.

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
I started my therapy for PTSD maybe 4 years back. I moved to Atlanta and had to change doctors. Fell off since. Hoping to start again this year.

The VA out here is trash. I couldn’t get a doctor assigned so they sent me to Stockbridge or Conyers. Both were full at the time as well. I didn’t know that was a thing.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
My VA is legit fkn amazing. Though when they upped my percentage it was because I was prepared, they initially wanted to drop me. My injuries catching up with me though.

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
I am at 70. I was at 60 and I had them retest my hearing. Got another 10. Today I had my first appointment with the VA docs. Full coverage no cost medical is a game changer. The doc basically told me what do you want? Cost is no issue.

I am now working on my last 30. I got denied for sleep apnea now I am going to try to get it as a secondary. Setting up other appointments too and seeing a therapist. Wish I would have done this years ago.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have my first doctor appointment for a hearing claim next week. Still waiting for them to set up appointments for some other claims I put in

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I am at 70. I was at 60 and I had them retest my hearing. Got another 10. Today I had my first appointment with the VA docs. Full coverage no cost medical is a game changer. The doc basically told me what do you want? Cost is no issue.

I am now working on my last 30. I got denied for sleep apnea now I am going to try to get it as a secondary. Setting up other appointments too and seeing a therapist. Wish I would have done this years ago.
How did you try and get sleep apnea attributed to the military?

I have a lot of shyt I CAN put down, but I'm having a hard time thinking of ways to tie it to my military duty. Only one I can do clearly is hearing because they tested at MEPS and again after I was on the flight line and it went down considerably

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY
How did you try and get sleep apnea attributed to the military?

I have a lot of shyt I CAN put down, but I'm having a hard time thinking of ways to tie it to my military duty. Only one I can do clearly is hearing because they tested at MEPS and again after I was on the flight line and it went down considerably
What put me over to 100 was sleep apnea.. I went and did a sleep study using my insurance… then I went and saw a private shrink ..i then had the shrink do my DBQ for sleep apnea… he did his diagnosis of me.. and then he tied in my sleep apnea to PTSD… it sleep apnea secondary to PTSD.. money well spent .. I took all the doctors notes and uploaded it.. and boom.. got my shyt

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
What put me over to 100 was sleep apnea.. I went and did a sleep study using my insurance… then I went and saw a private shrink ..i then had the shrink do my DBQ for sleep apnea… he did his diagnosis of me.. and then he tied in my sleep apnea to PTSD… it sleep apnea secondary to PTSD.. money well spent .. I took all the doctors notes and uploaded it.. and boom.. got my shyt
Are y'all going to the "right" docs who are known to hook this stuff up and link..... Or just anyone?

I need to do a sleep study bad.. It's not even a joke, I know I got it. Just linking it back is the issue