Who Had The Better Peak? MC Hammer Or Nelly?

THROWDOWN TUESDAYS: TOP 100 YEARS - SPECIAL EDITION

• MC HAMMER

• NELLY

• TIE

Results are only viewable after voting.
Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Peak?

Hammer and it's not close imo

Nelly was an absolute monster at his peak and a lot of his catalogue is aging pretty well which is good

but if you are old enough to remember Hammer was EVERYWHERE like on some Michael Jackson type of shyt at his peak. Like it was beyond music

You couldn't even fukk up the roof of your mouth with jagged ass capt'n Crunch on a Saturday morning without seeing cartoon hammer.

History will be kinder to nelly tho because his drop off wasn't dramatic. Just you can only burn red hot for so long.

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
Hammer had a strong 3 album multiplatinum run. I get mad that everybody forgets that MC Hammer was the first rapper to have his own full blown movie/musical and he shot it in Oakland.

Youngins will never understand how big Hammer was, especially with hip-hop still being a "new" genre. The man was on Oprah and having your own special episode with her in the early 90's held MAJOR weight. I still have this on VHS with all sorts of Hammer clips my mom recorded for me.

Truthfully, even as much as he sold, Nelly never was a big name that regular people know. Everybody and their mama alive during that time period knows who MC Hammer is. Nelly never truly truly crossed over. Hammer had full blown production shows at every major awards show. Nelly? Nah.

Man Nelly aint never dissed New York at the Apollo and still had them absolutely rockin! Some of the crowd wanted to front at the start of this performance but he quickly won them over.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Andre 3000 did a interview like 10 yrs ago and said something like "Remember when Hammer tried to come back HARD" and then he laughed..lol

Yeah it was awful.:snoop:

Beat is better than I remember though.:jbhmm:

I think AMG sampled the same thing.

EDIT:

Not AMG, Hi-C.

Fred.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Ok, Hammer is definitely a punchline now but that's because he went broke after all the success

Nelly was washed after Nellyville and "drop down and get your eagle on" was the end for him as tier 1 mainstream rapper

Nelly is on tour now with Florida Georgia line and last year he tour with New kids on the block and TLC

Nelly career now > Hammer
Hammer didn't go broke...how a night broke n funding mtv movies n shyt..

Our broke ain't shyt to hammer..night still had a stable of horses. .stock in the a's...n Pepsi n KFC

That nikka,was not hurting.