Who Had The Better Peak? MC Hammer Or Nelly?

THROWDOWN TUESDAYS: TOP 100 YEARS - SPECIAL EDITION

• MC HAMMER

• NELLY

• TIE

Results are only viewable after voting.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How many many album cycles did Hammer have on top?

Nelly had 2 albums where he was super hot

The 1st album was good, the second album was trash but had hits

Nelly put the Midwest on

I wanna say Hammer but I'm not well versed in his run aside from the huge singles

Hammer had 1 and half:heh:

You would definitley want to have Nellys career over Hammers....well matter of fact i cant say that,cuz im pretty sure Hammer made more money in that one year than Nelly made over his whole career:blessed:....and Nellys catalogue aint exactly recognized as being one of the best,but at least Nelly aint seen as a punchline in hiphop i guess:francis:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Hammer had 1 and half:heh:

You would definitley want to have Nellys career over Hammers....well matter of fact i cant say that,cuz im pretty sure Hammer made more money in that one year than Nelly made over his whole career:blessed:....and Nellys catalogue aint exactly recognized as being one of the best,but at least Nelly aint seen as a punchline in hiphop i guess:francis:
Ok, Hammer is definitely a punchline now but that's because he went broke after all the success

Nelly was washed after Nellyville and "drop down and get your eagle on" was the end for him as tier 1 mainstream rapper

Nelly is on tour now with Florida Georgia line and last year he tour with New kids on the block and TLC

Nelly career now > Hammer

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Hammer had his own cartoon, commercials, action figures, endorsements, and many other things going on. Hammer wins easily. He even had Vanilla Ice trying to copy him. :mjlol:

Not many rappers have had a peak like Hammer did :whoa:
Not many musicians period had a peak like Hammer.

Last edited:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
:snoop:

That's all fine and well but peak could mean artistically. Peak could mean strictly record sales. Peak could mean a lot of things.

If we're talking solely financial success or sales, Hammer wins. But even then, he had little to no respect, and was openly ridiculed by half of rap. Nelly didn't hit those same peaks career-wise, but he sold a fukk ton and still got respect as a rapper. Or at the very least, he didn't get openly disrespected. So artistically, he peaked higher than Hammer.

Fred.
Andre 3000 did a interview like 10 yrs ago and said something like "Remember when Hammer tried to come back HARD" and then he laughed..lol

Daps
read the question- who had the better peak? not who had more hits or whose music aged better. And the answer is clearly Hammer. Take Hammers highest point vs Nellys and it's not close

It's still Nelly easily.

The question said better peak not bigger peak.

Nelly was competing against Eminem, 50 cent, Jay-z, nsync/Timberlake, usher, destiny child's, Britney spears, etc

Nelly came into the game with no cosign & put the Midwest on.

avon barksdale

i want my corners
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Prison
How many many album cycles did Hammer have on top?

Nelly had 2 albums where he was super hot

The 1st album was good, the second album was trash but had hits

Nelly put the Midwest on

I wanna say Hammer but I'm not well versed in his run aside from the huge singles
Bone put the midwest on youngster

BO BARON

IT AIN'T $HIT!!!!
Daps
Reppin
Jackson, MS
Its definitely hammer dude was massive :ld:

I was a big fan of homie to especially when lets get it started came out & I'm from oakland so that shyt was special:mjcry:

Hammer officially lost me when he started spending tons of money on the oakland police department :snoop: