Who Had The Better Peak? MC Hammer Or Nelly?

THROWDOWN TUESDAYS: TOP 100 YEARS - SPECIAL EDITION

• MC HAMMER

• NELLY

• TIE

Results are only viewable after voting.
Daps
wasn't around for hammer... but you can't top nelly's career strictly from a PEEK standpoint unless we talking longevity. and hammer didn't have that

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Name more than two hammer hits then

"you cant touch this" was hammer's 5th hit. and that's not even counting the long string of hits after that.

obviously hammer wasn't some one-hit wonder, or else he wouldn't be remotely as big as he was.

wasn't around for hammer... but you can't top nelly's career strictly from a PEEK standpoint unless we talking longevity. and hammer didn't have that

if you admittedly don't know about hammer, then why bother arguing?

Last edited:

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Ummmm.....Hammer, at his zenith NOBODY was seein hammer popularity wise in the US......nikka hadn’t Michael Jackson taking notice and James Brown hypin him to destroy mike (which likely couldn’t happen).....Nelly never sniffed these iconic levels

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
mc hammer lost for wearing a speedo in pumps amd a bump

Nelly on the other hand swiping a credit card down a bytch ass.. unprecedented...

half naked bytches, even naked bytches... but there was nothing in history like the credit card swipe

also If I remember correctly nelly had a foundation/charity or something for his sisters disease and feminists had it shut down because of the tip drill shyt... nelly a legend breh

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Man Hammer was doing his thing back then.. Nelly did his thing as well but he wasn’t M.C. Hammer status. I mean I think Hammer got a lot of hate from rappers because he was blowing up off of what he was doing. My dude was killing the merch game, cartoon, hit records, etc. Hammer was a showman and he put a lot into his shows. I went to a Hammer concert as a kid and it was dope.. Wasn’t fukking with his music too much after Can’t Touch This but he was killing shyt on stage.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
First let me give respect to Nelly. Great run but did he really have an impact? what trends did he actually start? And he didn't start the air force ones trend. air force ones were already in style. I'f im wrong, please correct me.

Hammer made it cool to dance again. Brought baggy pants in style. Own cartoon. Own doll. People still do the Mc Hammer aka now called the running man.

Welp , when you put it that way :manny:

Really, Hammer was the Michael Jackson of rap. He’s really a one of one. That’ll never be duplicated again .

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I forgot this was my thread.

im all posting in here and chit, not realizing that.:pachaha: