Who Else Thinks Kanye West Is only like 5 years away from being the GOAT producer?

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Give a me a break friend. Lets just give me one. I think you need to take 5. The ideas for the music are coming out of someone elses head. The keys that are played are coming out of someones head. Kanye West sets the mood. You can call that producing in your world but that isnt the kind of talent that makes you call someone the GOAT. COmposers arrange notes, meaning , the idea for the notes, how they are arranged and their mood come out of the composers head. What would Kanye West music sound like if he wasnt rich. :laff: status.
If he wasn't rich they would sound like they did on classic albums like The Blueprint, College Dropout, Be, Get Lifted, Late Registration and more.

See what you are saying COMPOSERS. A composer is not a fukking producer.
Kanye is both, he can compose beats with his sample driven music, probably with Fruity loops and shyt like that as well. Or he can produce music like on WTT. CD = Composing & Producing, WTT = Mostly producing. I wouldn't use the word composer to any type of modern music though.

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
you know if you ever watch like an orchestra...the person who gets the credit for putting it all together and composing the music, and creating the beautiful sound...isnt the one playing ANY of the instruments...

therefore, the "he doesnt play instruments, hes not a good producer" theory is useless and invalid...

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
If he wasn't rich they would sound like they did on classic albums like The Blueprint, College Dropout, Be, Get Lifted, Late Registration and more.

See what you are saying COMPOSERS. A composer is not a fukking producer.
Kanye is both, he can compose beats with his sample driven music, probably with Fruity loops and shyt like that as well. Or he can produce music like on WTT. CD = Composing & Producing, WTT = Mostly producing.

He gets more respect for his earlier work. I discount most of the work he did after his first album.

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
:comeon: Hiphop wouldnt have been invented w/o samples. What producer would be in your top 5 who doesnt sample? Primo? RZA? Dre? Timbo?

And I dont understand the fascination with "doing it yourself". It seems like hiphop is the only genre where people get discredited for getting help. Kanye has never his the fact he has had people help him in his productions. From Jon Brion to Jeff Bhasker to Mike Dean.

Primo and early Pete Rock are the only producer that dont have help producing shyt.

The Greatest Story Never Told - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just Blaze is the same shyt but doesn't get any bash for that. :beli:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
you know if you ever watch like an orchestra...the person who gets the credit for putting it all together and composing the music, and creating the beautiful sound...isnt the one playing ANY of the instruments...

therefore, the "he doesnt play instruments, hes not a good producer" theory is useless and invalid...

Not really. The guy getting the credit should get it because in his head he thought every inch of that piece. No one improvised for him or told him what they were going to play for him to say *yes, darker, no lighter there* It was all his idea. The flutes, the time the drums drop, the timing of the cellos and piano together. Kanye West does not do any of this so comparing him to someone who composes a symphony is a joke and you should never make that comparison ever again in your long legged life, friend. :sitdown:

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kanye has become the single most overrated rap artist of all time. no classic album, horrible ghost written rapper, above average but derivative and soft producer, megalomaniac. fukk kanye west.

:childplease:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
:comeon: Hiphop wouldnt have been invented w/o samples. What producer would be in your top 5 who doesnt sample? Primo? RZA? Dre? Timbo?

And I dont understand the fascination with "doing it yourself". It seems like hiphop is the only genre where people get discredited for getting help. Kanye has never his the fact he has had people help him in his productions. From Jon Brion to Jeff Bhasker to Mike Dean.

I should not have mentioned samples. That was an error. What i should have mentioned is the fact that he doesnt put in work in the studio composing the notes that you all are giving him credit for that make him The Goat. I can give him respect for his longeveity but thats about it. I know Kanye West True skill and its Otis. I remember someone tried to compare Kanye to Quincy Jones, which was a joke because quincy can actually arrange and write the notes that hes ahving other people play. Kanye west cant do that.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Kanye has different people arranging the cello, violin, horns, drum programming and shyt like that.

Those people are not producers, they are professional arrangers.

I think All of the lights had 30-40 different musicians on it, multiple arrangers and Kanye West was the producer.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Primo and early Pete Rock are the only producer that dont have help producing shyt.

You telling me Kanye had "help" on his tracks that were sample flips, synths and drums?
I think Stronger was the first track, Timbaland re-did the drums when the track was done already.

Kanye could go on with his 98-2007 style forever, but he doesn't seem to be the guy to enjoy doing the same shyt. Primo > Kanye, but dude has not changed shyt since 98. His new production sounds like his 98 shyt but weaker. Kanye doesn't need help flipping soul samples. He needs help arranging a Cello, something Primo, Just Blaze and Pete Rock would just straight of sample and never even think of actually getting a real cellist.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The soul of Kanyes music is not his own. He isnt the goat guys sorry.

By this definition Kanye is a producer. I prefer beatmakers because their soul is on the music more.

A record producer is an individual working within the music industry, whose job is to oversee and manage the recording (i.e. "production") of an artist's music. A producer has many roles that may include, but are not limited to, gathering ideas for the project, selecting songs and/or musicians, coaching the artist and musicians in the studio, controlling the recording sessions, and supervising the entire process through mixing and mastering. Producers also often take on a wider entrepreneurial role, with responsibility for the budget, schedules, and negotiations.

So yea technically kanye isnt a beatmaker or composer. He just produces.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD

I really dont get what your saying here. So should primo and pete rock be applauded for not having help producing anything?

Quincy Jones is one of the most revered producer of any genre yet he didnt play every instrument of every song he "produced".

EDIT: Just seen Mr. Somebody's post above and please dont get it twisted, I am by no way comparing Kanye to Quincy Jones

villain

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
berlin
Ali Muhammad, Tip and Phife produced their music together

you are clueless.

Well I just feel like… what I wanted to say. When I did Tribe… like a lot of people didn’t know that I produced the first 3 Tribe albums. Because on it it said “produced by A Tribe Called Quest”. I put that because I didn’t feel like the individual should be greater than the unit. And I was raised to believe that the unit represented strength. It was strength and numbers. So if you moved as a unit that was it. That’s why I wasn’t into “produced by Q-Tip”, I was like let’s just say “produced by A Tribe Called Quest” and we can all benefit from it

Production wise you did the large part of the first 3 A Tribe Called Quest albums correct?
I did all of it, except for where Skeff Anselm‘s noted