Who Else Thinks Kanye West Is only like 5 years away from being the GOAT producer?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok but the fact remains he cant do the work himself. I like alot of the production he collaborates on but to call him the GOAT is ridiculous for the simple fact that you need to give his team just as much credit as you give him , probably more since they're the ones actually playing the music.

Dre gets mention as the GOAT yet he does the exact same thing.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Lol, a whole hiphop generation would be over if they couldn't clear samples. And we'd all die if the sun blew up. But that ain't happening anytime soon.

and

Kanye West - All Of The Lights ft. Rihanna, Kid Cudi - YouTube

Begs to differ.

Kanye is growing into more of a producer than a hiphop beat maker.
He assembles different types of musicians, beat makers, expresses his ideas and shyt like that. Instead of just working with his drum machine like back in the days (and Otis).

Ok well, if a hands off approach makes you the goat then i guess we share different opinions on what a GOAT is. To me, that isnt the greatest of all time. Hes not composing notes and keys. Hes in there like *play me something thats like sad* *yea i like that lets keep it but on this part make it a little sadder* He cant read notes or compose string chords. His actual talen t is showcased on Otis. That is what he himself can actually do. Everything else his hand is being held.

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
Ok well, if a hands off approach makes you the goat then i guess we share different opinions on what a GOAT is. To me, that isnt the greatest of all time. Hes not composing notes and keys. Hes in there like *play me something thats like sad* *yea i like that lets keep it but on this part make it a little sadder* He cant read notes or compose string chords. His actual talen t is showcased on Otis. That is what he himself can actually do. Everything else his hand is being held.

you do know all producers do this though right??

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
He's not composing notes and keys, he doesn't speak that language. He says higher, lower, darker, deeper, harder and composes his shyt that way. And he has some cat who knows just about what he means who translates it to notes and keys. Thats what a real producer does.

He's very hands on.

And All Of the lights was produced without any type of Logic, FL, or whatever the fukk. It's funny that you mention "if he couldn't sample". If he couldn't sample there would be no Kanye West. No Rza, no Illmatic, no Chronic, probably no hiphop so what are you really saying?

The only way to produce music on your own is by either being like Pharrell Williams, a master at the keyboard and combining it with drum programs and shyt like that.
Use different software to make software beats, master mad types of instruments or use samples.

Now if you wanna be a producer like the old school producers, you do like Kanye West and Dr. Dre.
It's gonna cost though.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He would have to make an album that I feel compelled to listen to 5 months after its release, let alone 10-15 years like RZA, Primo, Pete Rock, Q-Tip, etc. have. I'm a Ye fan, been one since the beginning, but his shyt just isn't on that level imo.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
you do know all producers do this though right??

Yes, friend, this is the reason why some producers go into the dark ages once they fall out with the people they collaborate with. Kanye West isnt a talentless hack but when you start saying hes the GOAT its ridiculous because he is way at the bottom of a list of producers who have actually made classics. He needs to just give a name to a production team because its not HIM!

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
He's not composing notes and keys, he doesn't speak that language. He says higher, lower, darker, deeper, harder and composes his shyt that way. And he has some cat who knows just about what he means who translates it to notes and keys. Thats what a real producer does.

He's very hands on.

And All Of the lights was produced without any type of Logic, FL, or whatever the fukk. It's funny that you mention "if he couldn't sample". If he couldn't sample there would be no Kanye West. No Rza, no Illmatic, no Chronic, probably no hiphop so what are you really saying?

Give a me a break friend. Lets just give me one. I think you need to take 5. The ideas for the music are coming out of someone elses head. The keys that are played are coming out of someones head. Kanye West sets the mood. You can call that producing in your world but that isnt the kind of talent that makes you call someone the GOAT. COmposers arrange notes, meaning , the idea for the notes, how they are arranged and their mood come out of the composers head. What would Kanye West music sound like if he wasnt rich. :laff: status.

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City

He's very hands on.

The only way to produce music on your own is by either being like Pharrell Williams, a master at the keyboard and combining it with drum programs and shyt like that.
Use different software to make software beats, master mad types of instruments or use samples.

Now if you wanna be a producer like the old school producers, you do like Kanye West and Dr. Dre.
It's gonna cost though.

:beli:...........

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Track for track he can match up well against any of the producer dons. But he has to create a number of events if he wants to truly dethrone

dr-dre1.jpg
once and for all.

Right now he'd serve dre something bad.
But Dre was in the director's seat for 3 dynastys

0576-nwa.jpg

death-row-gang.jpg

and

107263-eminem_50_cent_dr_dre_617_409.jpg

Most of what kanye has done from a full album standpoint is solely about him and jay PERIOD.

Look at all these faces in these pictures,besides 2pac,dre made everyone in these pics famous,some houshold names,legends,icons. The only icon kanye created is himself. The only people that he really created is big sean and maybe john legend. This will factor in ,in the history books. Although he's a better producer than rapper,at this rate he'll be remembered as an artist more than a producer.

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
He would have to make an album that I feel compelled to listen to 5 months after its release, let alone 10-15 years like RZA, Primo, Pete Rock, Q-Tip, etc. have. I'm a Ye fan, been one since the beginning, but his shyt just isn't on that level imo.

Q-Tip :usure:

u mean Ali Shaheed Muhammad right?

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Ok but the fact remains he cant do the work himself. I like alot of the production he collaborates on but to call him the GOAT is ridiculous for the simple fact that you need to give his team just as much credit as you give him , probably more since they're the ones actually playing the music.

:comeon: Hiphop wouldnt have been invented w/o samples. What producer would be in your top 5 who doesnt sample? Primo? RZA? Dre? Timbo?

And I dont understand the fascination with "doing it yourself". It seems like hiphop is the only genre where people get discredited for getting help. Kanye has never his the fact he has had people help him in his productions. From Jon Brion to Jeff Bhasker to Mike Dean.