White boy tells us what we all know about that ONE popular black kid in a group of white friends

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Poor kid. He likely didn't know better, possibly felt something was off, but was just happy to have friends. I feel for him and I hope he has risen his self esteem since then so that he never has to lower himself in the name of "friendship". It's messed up to judge him like that without any clues to his background, and the white guy narrating should have reflected on himself too about why he didn't stand up for someone being clearly bullied. Says more about him than the black kid.
he did reflect on himself. he said he was a 15 year old kid. i don't think it says more about him at all. he's a young white kid trying to fit in and secure a place with the popular kids too. i wouldn't expect him to put himself out there for a Black kid who wasn't showing any spine.

i put it all on the Black kid's parents first, then the kid himself. But mostly on the parents who put him in a horrible situation.

timeless

All Star
Daps
he did reflect on himself. he said he was a 15 year old kid. i don't think it says more about him at all. he's a young white kid trying to fit in and secure a place with the popular kids too. i wouldn't expect him to put himself out there for a Black kid who wasn't showing any spine.

i put it all on the Black kid's parents first, then the kid himself. But mostly on the parents who put him in a horrible situation.

Well, he's retelling a story of a young black kid being bullied by his white "friends" and he literally just stood there because in his mind ,"he's not saying anything and I don't feel right to get involved and speak up for a black person". People who say nothing, even when they are a witness to injustice, are equally to blame as the perpetrator(s).

When you think about it, why should the black parents be blamed for the racism their child is faced with from his peers? Who's teaching these kids to be this way? To judge others for their skin? This teaches our kids that that there is something with them, and that it is our fault for even being black and we are to blame for experiencing cruelty by entering their spaces.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I grew up southside chicago but moved to stay with my dad for my last couple years of high school cuz I got in some trouble in chicago.

He lived in a predominantly white suburb. I picked up immediately observing some of the :mjpls: brehs them crackers would try to violate low key if you let them. Had to slap the shyt out of one of those clowns for saying Ill only see a court room if Im on trial :dahell:

I never played that c00ning shyt they know which brothers they can try that on and word gets around. Once u let one try u and nothing happens I imagine you gon be the whole school, job, team etc lap dog. Couldnt be me

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
I went to an all white school during the 90s to 00s. It wasn't until went to college (16+ in the UK) that things changed.

Speaking from experience, people that looked like him were on the receiving end of a beating because of racism.

And I'm not one who hitched my wagon to the popular kids on the playground. I just recognise that "They just love black men because they have big dikks" energy.

Resentful dweeb creating a narrative to explain why black people have what they don't.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
Well, he's retelling a story of a young black kid being bullied by his white "friends" and he literally just stood there because in his mind ,"he's not saying anything and I don't feel right to get involved and speak up for a black person". People who say nothing, even when they are a witness to injustice, are equally to blame as the perpetrator(s).
I agree in theory, but this is idealistic thinking. The reality is that white boy has to go to school with those older white kids too and find his place in the social structure. Expecting people to speak up on other's behalf when it comes to injustice is a good way to get disappointed. And what's more, sitting around and expecting some white person to "speak up" on my behalf is c*nt thinking. At some point you're gonna have to be a man and speak up for yourself.
When you think about it, why should the black parents be blamed for the racism their child is faced with from his peers? Who's teaching these kids to be this way? To judge others for their skin? This teaches our kids that that there is something with them, and that it is our fault for even being black and we are to blame for experiencing cruelty by entering their spaces.
The Black parents should be blamed for putting their child in that kinda environment unprepared. I believe you can raise a child in any type of environment as long as the parents are involved and the child is aware of his environment and how to navigate it. The reality is we can't be responsible for what other parents are teaching their kids. We can only be responsible for what we teach our own.

If that Black kid had been brought up with his eyes open and aware of what he'd most likely face in an overwhelmingly white environment and at the same time been instilled with a healthy sense of Black pride and self esteem he wouldn't have put himself through so much abuse to try and be accepted.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
IMG-3726.gif

timeless

All Star
Daps
I agree in theory, but this is idealistic thinking. The reality is that white boy has to go to school with those older white kids too and find his place in the social structure. Expecting people to speak up on other's behalf when it comes to injustice is a good way to get disappointed. And what's more, sitting around and expecting some white person to "speak up" on my behalf is c*nt thinking. At some point you're gonna have to be a man and speak up for yourself.

The Black parents should be blamed for putting their child in that kinda environment unprepared. I believe you can raise a child in any type of environment as long as the parents are involved and the child is aware of his environment and how to navigate it. The reality is we can't be responsible for what other parents are teaching their kids. We can only be responsible for what we teach our own.

If that Black kid had been brought up with his eyes open and aware of what he'd most likely face in an overwhelmingly white environment and at the same time been instilled with a healthy sense of Black pride and self esteem he wouldn't have put himself through so much abuse to try and be accepted.

That's not true. We get nefarious people who grow up thinking they don't have to answer to anyone about the awful things they do when we remain silent. We get people like Harvey Weinstein or George Epstein; these two men didn't have to answer to anyone for a long time because everyone around them were too scared or too complicit to say anything. I know that's a jump, but the mindset is there.

The black parents are wrong for the racism committed against their son? That thinking is no different then saying certain people deserved to be robbed because they dare to dress nice and wear jewelry. At some point people will have to decide if white racists need to change or black people have to accept that they'll always be judged for the color of our skin. If you think about it, even if you teach your child the ins and outs of racism, will that omit them from being a victim of racist behavior? We can be responsible all day, but that's a band-aid. The root of the issue is white people who refuse to change their ways and pass that onto their descendants.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Being black in an all white school gotta be tough
Even worse as an adult in the workspace cuz they trying to gaslight you so you snap on someone and they can send your ass to HR/get you fired

But at the same time you can't let cacs gatekeep you from working in your industry and doing what you want :francis: it's a very tight rope to walk if you wanna live outside of a black hub like Atlanta

moorfeus

Pro
Daps
Reminds me of the black woman that mysteriously died hanging out with a group of white women. fukkin "sleepover" with bout 10 cac bytches and I think some cac dudes were there too. She the only black person there and the next morning she was found laying in the back yard from a "fall" off the damn balcony. Death ruled an accident.

Be the only black person around a group of cacs brehettes
This right here is the TRUTH! I made sure to talk about this with my children and even remind them of situations like that every now and then.
Don't ever forget this or get too comfortable around these cacs.

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
White people are so OBSESSED with "The N word".

I see it online EVERY DAY.

Them Nyggas is WEIRD!
:unimpressed:

ALSO,my Girl tells me stories about being one of the only two black girls in the school...

Says the Other Black girl (who also coincidentally had the same name as her) would go out of her way to Dis her in front of her white friends...

The fck kinda shyt is that!?