Where does the idea that white people only make unseasoned food come from?

JOHN.KOOL

Manchester United/Atletico Madrid
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Your profile says your male, but underneath your username you have feminist. I need it cleared up whether that is a joke or serious before i reply to anything you post.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Everyone who has ever worked a job in the professional world has been to at least ONE "bring a dish to work" day... That's where we learn what these savages eat. Mayonnaise on shyt it has no business being on.... Dry and plain assed dishes with sprinkles of leaves on them... And a shytload of extremely undercooked meat that bleeds like a woman in labor once you cut into it.
My job loves these fukking shyts I rarely participate :mjlol:

invalid

Banned
Daps
Originated in WASP cuisine of New England and the Midwest which is based on pre-conquest of India British cuisine. Which was widely considered as terrible.

CAC founders that murdered the natives as said before are from nothern Europe, anglo saxon head asses. them other cacs killed chinamen and indians for spices, shyt didnt make it up there. all the fools had was cows and potatoes :hhh:. mufukkas got the worst cuisine ever

The idea comes from the reality of it being the truth. :francis:
In this regard though Greeks,Italians,Spanish etc are not considered white. You can taste the culture in their food. We're talking British American White here, throw in the Scandinavians too. Food taste like wood. :huhldup:

Have you ever tasted traditional European food or researched the type of shyt they ate before they was exposed to other cultures?

They weren’t blessed with the spices of folks from tropical climates, which is why they’re naturally inclined to eat less flavorful foods and also why they love to explore various “ethnic” cuisines, especially after consuming alcohol.

London, the epicenter of European culture, was known for its horrible, bland tasting food up until this century, when they finally started embracing, and passing off as their own, African, West Indian, and Indian foods.

Even Fish and Chips was taken from the Jews who got the recipe and technique from the Moors in Spain and Portugal.

I’m surprised that so many people picked up on this bland food thing because I never noticed it, but it’s true.

There is an actual explanation why WASP New England, and by extension, Europe, has uncharacteristicly bland food. It was because in the 1600s it became a status symbol by the elites to stop seasoning their food....

Back in the Middle Ages, spices were really expensive, which meant that only the upper class could afford them. But things started to change as Europeans began colonizing parts of India and the Americas.

"Spices begin to pour into Europe," explains Krishnendu Ray, an associate professor of food studies at New York University. "What used to be expensive and exclusive became common."

Serving richly spiced stews was no longer a status symbol for Europe's wealthiest families — even the middle classes could afford to spice up their grub. "So the elite recoiled from the increasing popularity of spices," Ray says. "They moved on to an aesthetic theory of taste. Rather than infusing food with spice, they said things should taste like themselves. Meat should taste like meat, and anything you add only serves to intensify the existing flavors."

The shift began in France, in the mid-1600s, adds Paul Freedman, a professor of history at Yale University. "It was a way to also show off the wealth of the French provinces," Freedman says.

The rest of Europe soon adopted this new style. "It's a redefinition of what elegant is," Freedman says. "It's sort of like — in fashion — for a while having more frills, more jewelry was fashionable. But then someone said that a basic black dress with some pearls is much better."

NPR Choice page

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
:hhh: that's not how it works...
I know fam

xYqqKKH.jpg

Imagine if you were expecting jerk chicken and received the above :picard:

What's their obsession with raisins?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm sure there are plenty of basic white people in Middle America who make plain chicken and shyt like that. But traditional Southern food (especially Cajun) is very good, even among cacs. The Northeast is filled with Italian-Americans and other spicy cacs like Greeks.

As far as Europe goes, Southern European food in general is good, as well as French food. British Isles traditional cuisine might be nothing special, but curry is very popular there and the restaurant scene has gotten pretty good. So even those pasty ass Brits appreciate rich flavors.

I'm not too familiar with Eastern European food but I did have a Hungarian beef stew the other day and it was heavily seasoned.

Northern European food is probably trash but those countries have small populations and haven't made a huge mark on the Americas.

Fam. White People in general are terrible cooks. Italians can not save you. They have a very strong food culture and are the exemption.

I’ve seen some shyt that is straight appalling. Most white People don’t even trim the fat off chicken before cooking it

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everyone who has ever worked a job in the professional world has been to at least ONE "bring a dish to work" day... That's where we learn what these savages eat. Mayonnaise on shyt it has no business being on.... Dry and plain assed dishes with sprinkles of leaves on them... And a shytload of extremely undercooked meat that bleeds like a woman in labor once you cut into it.

I have never experienced this.... but I live in Alabama..... not being able to cook is a sin if you're over the age of 35..... regardless of race...