Where does the idea that white people only make unseasoned food come from?

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
lazy housewives in the midwest using all canned everything or people in Missouri deep frying butter deserve the bad rap but there are so many good white chefs and cooks. food culture is so big now and theres a big push to use fresh ingredients, get creative, etc... people of all colors are taking food to the next level, but treating food seriously and doing things right in the kitchen is almost a movement right now. matter fact i kno someone white who owns a restarurant with her sister and shes one of the best cooks ive ever met

italian cuisine is one of my favorites and i have friends from southern italy who dont like the northeast traditional italian american style cooking. their school of thought is that seasonings shouldnt be overpowering and be used sparringly to bring out flavor instead of mask flavor

if you're simply just throwing adobo or lawrys on everything thinking you're seasoning your food you have no right to shyt on anyone :russ:
I've lived in Kansas for over a decade and hate the bbq. shyt is highly overrated.

eastsideTT

Superstar
Daps
I've lived in Kansas for over a decade and hate the bbq. shyt is highly overrated.

im not from an area of the country where BBQ is popular so i dont know the nuances of regions. is KC traditionally sweeter? or is that memphis? i do know that Carolina is vinegar based and thats what id prefer over the sweeter "bbq sauce" that the rest of the country thinks of. BBQ is something i can only eat a couple times a year at the most

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
lazy housewives in the midwest using all canned everything or people in Missouri deep frying butter deserve the bad rap but there are so many good white chefs and cooks. food culture is so big now and theres a big push to use fresh ingredients, get creative, etc... people of all colors are taking food to the next level.

italian cuisine is one of my favorites and i have friends from southern italy who dont like the northeast traditional italian american style cooking. their school of thought is that seasonings shouldnt be overpowering and be used sparringly to bring out flavor instead of mask flavor

if you're just throwing adobo or lawrys on everything thinking you're seasoning your food you have no right to shyt on anyone :russ:

I think that got really bad in the 1950s with the popularity of canned good and casseroles.

And I just tried actual Italian food for the first time not too long ago, it was really good

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
im not from an area of the country where BBQ is popular so i dont know the nuances of regions. is KC traditionally sweeter? or is that memphis? i do know that Carolina is vinegar based and thats what id prefer over the sweeter "bbq sauce" that the rest of the country thinks of. BBQ is something i can only eat a couple times a year at the most

There's also Central Texas BBQ which uses minimal sauces and seasonings to my knowledge. But I hear it's really good in spite of that.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah im from nc so thats my preference the vinegar taste. Basically in kansas the meat has no taste you literally have to put sauce on it for the taste. The meat just taste smoked lmao. They love that pulled pork shyt also.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
CAC founders that murdered the natives as said before are from nothern Europe, anglo saxon head asses. them other cacs killed chinamen and indians for spices, shyt didnt make it up there. all the fools had was cows and potatoes :hhh:. mufukkas got the worst cuisine ever

eastsideTT

Superstar
Daps
I think that got really bad in the 1950s with the popularity of canned good and casseroles.

And I just tried actual Italian food for the first time not too long ago, it was really good

i think between the 1950s housewife style, combined with irish, british and germans eating like total shyt...white people just got bad reps as cooks. if you grew up eating like that you'll most likely pass it down. but today food is almost like a sport in america and more and more people are learning how to cook, enjoying cooking and getting creative, etc... and not just eating because they have to.

i still wouldnt want to eat a thanksgiving turkey in the average white US household though :mjlol:

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
i think between the 1950s housewife style, combined with irish, british and germans eating like total shyt...white people just got bad reps as cooks. if you grew up eating like that you'll most likely pass it down. but today food is almost like a sport in america and more and more people are learning how to cook, enjoying cooking and getting creative, etc... and not just eating because they have to.

i still wouldnt want to eat a thanksgiving turkey in the average white US household though :mjlol:

I think that's true in England too. Kind of like a reaction to their traditional cuisine being mostly uninteresting. Indian food is super popular there, if I'm not mistaken Tikka Masala is like a national dish.

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
Because they really be trying to serve you shyt like this

etahbgirw8r11.jpg