Where does the idea that white people only make unseasoned food come from?

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I think it’s different for most of the English speaking Caribbean
Yeah true.

Thus why i laugh when americans and haitian kids born in America seem to think we have so much in common with Jamaicans. I always tell them Haitian culture and cuisine has far more in common with black Dominicans and black Cubans than it ever will with Jamaicans and Trinis. Notice Jamaicans and trinis overuse of curry. That's something that was introduced to them by indians who were also part of the same british empire. Haitians almost never use curry.

I understand why they see it that way, tho. Living in America makes you look at everything along COLOR lines.

Last edited:

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
The only thing British that's ok(Nothing special) Is jacket Potatoe's with Tuna, venison, Custard and Rice Pudding. Most of the population(Working Class and Middle Class) prefer eating international food if you go to an average British area you'll see mostly non-joints or you'll see fish and chips.

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
I think that's true in England too. Kind of like a reaction to their traditional cuisine being mostly uninteresting. Indian food is super popular there, if I'm not mistaken Tikka Masala is like a national dish.

Yes indeed it is, the Indian restaurants are very popular, lol there's even chicken Tikka Masala straight to the microwave:gag: for lazy b*stards, those who can't cook and the broke

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Blasphemy.

You caricac taste buds.
  • Haitians, Martiniquais Guadeloupeans and other francophone caribbeans dont use much curry if any at all.
  • Latino Caribbeans don't use much if any curry.
So you tell me where Curry came from to get in the Caribbean:smugdraper: The islands where you see highest use of curry is the former British and ditch colonies where you find Indians since india was also a british colony. I'm pretty sure they were the ones to introduce curry to blacks in the caribbean because you rarely come across curry in continental African nations cuisines.
At least thats my logical guess:manny:

Last edited:

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
That's cause white people's version of seasoning is salt and pepper and they love too much mayo.

ALMIGHTY GOD

Omnipotent. Omniscient. Omnipresent.
Daps
Reppin
all of creation
  • Haitians, Martiniquais Guadeloupeans and other francophone caribbeans dont use much curry if any at all.
  • Latino Caribbeans don't use much if any curry.
So you tell me where Curry came from to get in the Caribbean:smugdraper: The islands where you see highest use of curry is the former British and ditch colonies where you find Indians since india was also a british colony. I'm pretty sure they were the ones to introduce curry to blacks in the caribbean because you rarely come across curry in continental African nations cuisines.
At least thats my logical guess:manny:

are you a fukking indian?

El negrito de tejas

Fukk the govt I got my own Deficit
Daps
Reppin
The country of myself
I can vouch that Eastern European women can cook their asses off.
:whew:
Stuffed cabbage
Uszka
Borscht
Potato pancakes
Chicken Kiev

Then take some shots of peppered vodka.:smugdraper:

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
are you a fukking indian?
Im haitian. Why do you ask, tho? :jbhmm:
Am I saying something that is so far-fetched? Again i said it's an educated guess.
  • Indians from India are heavy curry users FOR MANY CENTURIES.
  • 2 Million + indians were moved from India in brought to the Caribbean bythe British and Dutch as indentured servitude to replace slaves once slavery was abolished.
  • Curry is seldom used in traditional African dishes
THESE ARE FACTS. I'm sure indians brought and influenced these islands with some of their culture which would include their foods and spices. You responded to me like I said Indians discovered the Caribbean islands or something.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
You know what's funny is that y'all mentioned gordon ramsay but the worst thing I've seen him cook is scrambled eggs:scust:

its TOO runny...:hhh:

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Are you from Germany?

They follow the directions on the package so it's not sweet enough
What’s wild is she only bought the Kool Aid to make him feel at home. She poured the stuff in the pitcher away.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Yep...this right here.

White people bringing all that nasty ass food to work potlucks... ain't nobody eating that nasty ass sh*t.
Have you ever seen white people try to eat black folks food?

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
On the topic of British food, meat pie they serve in cafes over there is the WOAT

The ingredients sounds like they can work. A savory crust and my good HEATED tasting meat stuffed inside,flavored and seasoned.

Tell me why when I had this shyt it was fukking cold and the meat tasted like spam and no seasoning. Imagine cooled cooked meat in a flavorless crust and eating that with the fork. I didn't eat any of that shyt.

No wonder middle eastern foods and Indian foods became a staple there. British food is awful.