Where does the idea that white people only make unseasoned food come from?

Tombstone

The Villain
Daps
Reppin
College Park, GA
:scust:I remember goin to my plug crib and a white boy was smokin with us.

He said ima make some chicken, I was high as fukk and had the munchies. I was excited as fukk.

I never been so disappointed with some simple baked chicken. Homie was like you can take as much as you want. I was like I’m good thug :francis: and this comin from a dude who ate spaghetti with cheese and hot sauce while high and it GOAT to me until the next day I wanted to throw up :beli:.

Some southern Cacs can BBQ I’ll give em that. Only some tho.

Dark Knyght

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Long story, short they just dont.
White people allow you to season food to your liking after its cooked. So they cook the food unseasoned, then put there limited seasonings on the side afterwards. So they'll have chicken, but put gravy (white people gravy which is gross) , pepper, salt etc on the table separate from the chicken.

Black people and other ethnic cultures marinate the meat or season it before cooking it which gives it a better taste throughout the meal not just the first bite where the seasoning is only surface level.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I just look at it as different groups have different taste buds.:manny: There is no right or wrong way. We all have our preferences as groups.

People say white people don't use enough spices. People say Indian people use too much spices. I guess black americans, black Caribbeans, Latinos, and Africans all fall somewhere between the two in the Spectrum.

Coming from a Caribbean background, while there are certain aspects of American cuisine I love, There are many that I can't stand. Mainly americans tendency to put sugar in a lot of things to make them sweet like the one I cannot stand the most is BBQ sauce. Meat being sweet just doesn't make sense to me but thàts just me. I'll take the BBQ meat but just don't put the BBQ sauce on my shyt if you want us to remain friends.
Baked beans too.:scust:
Also, Americans overuse of CHEESE is a turn off for me. Canadians and Mexicans do the same too when it comes to cheese.
American mac-n-cheese :scust: Who the fukk came up with cheese fries?:gag: Wish I could go back in time and abort them as a fetus

But I loooove American hamburgers ( @BlackPearl The Empress :russ: ), fried chicken, shrimp broils aka low-country broils and shrimp AND grits:ohlawd:

Caribbean people suck at fried chicken. We don't use enough batter to hold onto the spices once it hits the hot grease. Plus we often boil the chicken prior to frying it. We are far better at seafoods and goat and stews

Last edited:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Right, just like Gordon Ramsey doesn't represent England. But I thought proper barbecue was widely practiced in the South by both black and white people (in the country at least).
Hold on...white folks in TX and in Memphis can BBQ and smoke shyt from the ground on those racks but you already know that....

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Right, just like Gordon Ramsey doesn't represent England. But I thought proper barbecue was widely practiced in the South by both black and white people (in the country at least).

White BBQ is largely trash.
They had to make BBQ competitions that literrally eliminate taste and if the food tastes good because they know they can't compete with your average black BBQ.
Hell whites call BBQ cooking hamburgers. loll

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I just look at it as different groups have different taste buds.:manny: There is no right or wrong way. We all have our preferences as groups.

People say white people don't use enough spices. People say Indian people use too much spices. I guess black americans, black Caribbeans, Latinos, and Africans all fall somewhere between the two in the Spectrum.

Coming from a Caribbean background, while there are certain aspects of American cuisine I love, There are many that I can't stand. Mainly americans tendency to put sugar in a lot of things to make them sweet like the one I cannot stand the most is BBQ sauce. Meat being sweet just doesn't make sense to me but thàts just me. I'll take the BBQ meat but just don't put the BBQ sauce on my shyt if you want us to remain friends.
Baked beans too.:scust:
Also, Americans overuse of CHEESE is a turn off for me. Canadians and Mexicans do the same too when it comes to cheese.
American mac-n-cheese :scust: Who the fukk came up with cheese fries?:gag: Wish I could go back in time and abort them as a fetus

But I loooove American hamburgers ( @BlackPearl The Empress :russ: ), fried chicken, shrimp broils aka low-country broils and shrimp AND grits:ohlawd:

Caribbean people suck at fried chicken. We don't use enough batter to hold onto the spices once it hits the hot grease. Plus we often boil the chicken prior to frying it. We are far better at seafoods and goat and stews

Never heard of boiling chicken before frying it what country does that?