Where does the idea that white people only make unseasoned food come from?

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
Generally when people talk about white people and unseasoned food they mean white Americans, not Europeans. French, Spanish, Italian, Greek, etc have great cuisine.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
cause other than the part of europe that borders africa and them arabs, their food is straight trash. simple facts

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
this is actually a good point, lmao
White home cooked meals <
5 star dining made by a white chef >

Last edited:

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Originated in WASP cuisine of New England and the Midwest which is based on pre-conquest of India British cuisine. Which was widely considered as terrible.
so essentially when white folk stole Indian curry and spices they could now add flavor to their food :dead:

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lazy housewives in the midwest using all canned everything or people in Missouri deep frying butter deserve the bad rap but there are so many good white chefs and cooks. food culture is so big now and theres a big push to use fresh ingredients, get creative, etc... people of all colors are taking food to the next level, but treating food seriously and doing things right in the kitchen is almost a movement right now. matter fact i kno someone white who owns a restarurant with her sister and shes one of the best cooks ive ever met

italian cuisine is one of my favorites and i have friends from southern italy who dont like the northeast traditional italian american style cooking. their school of thought is that seasonings shouldnt be overpowering and be used sparringly to bring out flavor instead of mask flavor

if you're simply just throwing adobo or lawrys on everything thinking you're seasoning your food you have no right to shyt on anyone :russ:

food culture is so fukking lame and trash. most of what comes from food culture is just pointless bland crap.

invalid

Banned
Daps
I’ve been to a couple of white dinner parties and the food isn’t as bad as most are claiming. It was different from how most black people prepare our food but it wasn’t bad at all.

Like they have different ways of preparing and presenting salads. They make homemade dressings which we usually don’t prepare. Their meat may be just lightly seasoned but they may pair it with a flavorful homemade marmalade. They make bake their own bread from scratch. And make all types of creative vegetable sides. And have a wine to pair with everything. And all of their ingredients come from the local farmers market.

I’ve had some not-so-great dishes prepared by white folks but they were in the minority to the good food that I’ve had when they prepare at home.

And I know tons of white bishes that have enrolled in culinary school just to improve their skills at home.

But this thread is hilarious because it reminds me of this tweet I came across awhile ago.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
it is the generic white person, not the ethnic white person, that has garnered this reputation. obviously, italians and french people have amazing food. it is these people commonly named becky thompson or whatever, usually having roots in the middle of the country who just seem to put carbs and protein in a dish and heat it up.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, loads of paprika. That kind of surprised me because Hungarians are white as fukk and Eastern Europe isn't really known for food. It was really good.
Actually the Turks were the first to do it, also the peppers they would get came from the new world.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Never heard of boiling chicken before frying it what country does that?
Haitians, Dominicans and Cubans for sure.

Mainly for Pork and goat but chicken gets boiled too. The process of making Haitian grio, also known as "masas de puerco" among cubans is you take the pork.
  • First you steam the chicken or pork before you marinate it. It's a process called 'chodé ' . See the process in this video
  • You then marinate it in lots of green spices for at least 24 hours.
  • You then boil the meat with the spices.
  • Once cooked THEN and only then do you flash-fry it for a few minutes. Most people do the same for chicken.

I've had jamaican jerk pork and jerk chicken and by my estimation as someone who cooks, it's the same process

Mind you many caribbean people who live here may take shortcuts since everyone got used to using high tech stoves and baking/broiling meats in the stove instead of using the stovetop the old school way. But in general that's how haitian stew chicken, fried chicken and jerk chicken is made. It gets boiled first. THus why you see haitian fried chicken comes out looking like this below spoiler. I personally prefer the american formula. Fried chicken is simply not our forte :yeshrug:
20170308-174659.jpeg

But to Haitians credit, when we fry chicken it is thoroughly cooked to the point you can eat the bones and never find any pink (blood) in it

Last edited:

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
I can vouch that this is accurate many white brits that can't trace where their ancestors are from cook bland ass both working class and middle class can't cook for shyt unless they are in the upper class. There's a reason why White brits eat out frequently, them guys get impressed with average cosine that isn't British.:mjlol:

Medditteran/South European food is the shyt, I wouldn't have an issue marrying a Greek, Italian them women love to cook, central Europeans are also bland can't cook for shyt.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I think it’s different for most of the English speaking Caribbean
Haitians, Dominicans and Cubans for sure.

Mainly for Pork and goat but chicken gets boiled too. The process of making Haitian grio, also known as "masas de puerco" among cubans is you take the pork.
  • First you steam the chicken before you marinate it. It's a process called 'chodé ' . See the process in this video
  • You then marinate it in lots of green spices for at least 24 hours.
  • You then boil the meat with the spices.
  • Once cooked THEN and only then do you flash-fry it for a few minutes. Most people do the same for chicken.

I've had jamaican jerk pork and jerk chicken and by my estimation as someone who cooks, it's the same process

Mind you many caribbean people who live here may take shortcuts since everyone got used to using high tech stoves and baking/broiling meats in the stove instead of using the stovetop the old school way. But in general that's how haitian stew chicken, fried chicken and jerk chicken is made. It gets boiled first. THus why you see haitian fried chicken comes out looking like this below spoiler. I personally prefer the american formula. Fried chicken is simply not our forte :yeshrug:
20170308-174659.jpeg

But to Haitians credit, when we fry chicken it is thorouly cooked to the point you can eat the bones and never find any pink (blood) in it