When will these housing prices go down?

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
People been saying this shyt for years. Keep waiting for a collapse and get priced out brehs :mjlol:
If you’re already priced out might as well complain, I highly suspect most people in houses that just bought recently are either rich or are hanging on by a thread and will for close in the near future.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
I'm tired of all these articles and tiktoks from 'smart' people predicting a damn collapse.

One dude was like "shyt will go south by march"

I'm here in july and houses are still fukking expensive and interest rates are 8% :dahell:

Somethings got to give. How many people can even buy a house nowadays?

Don’t pay attention to the price bro pay attention to the interest… that’s what needs to come down.. The interest

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Also, one question I have

America is on a birthrate decline, if house prices never come down and only go up, isn’t there going to be a point within this century that the buyers will get tapped out dry? Cause if future generations can’t afford houses en mass then they won’t bother starting families which will be like a domino effect going forward.

Idk, I feel like a lot of guys are in here talking like it’s perfectly fine housing is unaffordable, almost like some of y’all think that’s how it should be. Sound like some agents up in here.

Daps
Problem is everyone wants to live in the same places. Plenty of affordable places in undesirable areas. Brooklyn used to be one of those places. Gotta start from somewhere. The government should be trying to build up "desirable" places everywhere, replicate the public transit and dense housing of NYC, problem is zoning in a lot of America is strictly SFH, which is highly inefficient and causes cost of housing to rise fast.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's never going down because

A. They allow foreign investors to purchase property in the U.S. despite not being citizens and despite most of them rarely living in the property.

B. They allow U.S. businesses to purchase thousands upon thousands of houses to rent out.

Because of this, it's never happening breh.

GetSomeMoney

All Star
Supporter
Daps

America is on a birthrate decline, if house prices never come down and only go up, isn’t there going to be a point within this century that the buyers will get tapped out dry? Cause if future generations can’t afford houses en mass then they won’t bother starting families which will be like a domino effect going forward.

Idk, I feel like a lot of guys are in here talking like it’s perfectly fine housing is unaffordable, almost like some of y’all think that’s how it should be. Sound like some agents up in here.
Birthrate decline and population growth are two different things. America of course is big on immigration and that fills in the birthrate issue. Housing is affordable for the 65-75% of the housing population that have interest rates at around 4% or less. One thing people forget in regards to future generations is the inheritance the Gen Z/ young Millennials will see from the Baby Boomers which will keep prices higher. Breh I know you want to be hopeful and see 2008/2009 again or just more affordable housing but the dynamics aren't the same right now. Builders are building but not fast enough and they aren't really focused on building affordable house, the money is in luxury/upscale housing and apartments. Brehs aren't agents, just speaking on what's happening.

Last edited:

Koli_Kat

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

A lot of these cats are a bit older and brought their crib already or inherit. So they don't give a fukk

But yeah houses are being sold to rich foreign investors and asset management firms like black rock so I don't see buyers going "dry"

Also America don't give a fukk about birthrate. They want the rich/elites and cheap immigrant labor as a replacement. Hiring Americans is expensive.

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
The ad revenue for real estate and finance videos is crazy high. They get paid $15-$50 per 1000 views. It makes sense why they keep making those videos since they bring the most views and make so much money for them. I doubt those youtubers actually believe in anything they're talking about in those videos. Sucks that their viewers don't realize that they're being played.
Pretty much buying up homes why telling their viewers not to buy due to a forthcoming crash :russ: