Will housing ever be affordable again?

Daps
shyt crazy, my sister bought her home in pittsburg and she’s givin’ it to me, just gotta make that leap across some states…i love loft type housing but shyt is redic…lowkey people be jumpin from hotel hotel smh
i hope you like everything closing at 9pm...

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Once houses started to become more of an investment instead of a home, the game changed forever.

People now want to buy homes specifically to make residual income.

More importantly, the one thing investment banks learned from the Great Recession is instead of pressuring lenders into selling more homes to people, they could just buy the homes themselves and make money renting them.

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
this is part of population control. The builders are in cahoots with the banks. Pretty easy to tell if you live in a growing suburb

plenty of room for houses. But on every corner theres a new 200-300 unit apartment complex.

Hell the road next to my grocery store went from 1 apt conplex across the street to now 8 in a year.

Its about profit, and each complex break even and make profit in the first year

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
A lot of folks have been far more complicit in all of this than they'll actually admit to....Thing is, many of them were able to secure their homes and benefit enough from this to care.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I wonder if some people live in reality. Starter homes are available if you aren’t living on the West Coast (coastal) and parts of the Northeast. Two houses in my sub division outside of Atlanta have been on the market for months.

You just need 3.5 percent down plus closing to cop a home. The seller will sometimes even cover a portion of the closing.

It’s not easy but it doable. I just want to see us win.
We not in the times a seller is gonna cover closing cost.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
You mean landlords?

No, i mean the people who were paying tens of thousands of dollars over asking price for homes, the people who bought homes just to flip them, the people that went out and bought homes for the sole purpose of using as Air BNB's and VRBO's.

Those people also contributed to artificial inflation,scarcity, and the culture of home ownership=income stream....but the banks,blackrock and greedy developers are lower hanging fruit.

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
You lot who were able to buy are lucky as hell man.

I was talking to some older family members about housing and they were talking out there ass again.

"Yeah it was hard for me too (back in the 90s/00s) but sometimes you just have to buy anything".
:mjlol:

"Just buy, even if you can't afford it. You can always sell it and make a profit"...

Mfkr act like the day you walk into your house, the value increases by 100k
:deadrose: