When will these housing prices go down?

batsu

Rookie
Daps
Many homeowners refinanced to 2-3% interest rates during the pandemic so they're not going to be selling anytime soon. Only way we see a mass sell off or foreclosures is if we have another great depression.

Also if everyone is talking and hoping for crash it's probably not gonna happen anytime soon.

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Buy now or pay more later when bidding wars start up again. You’re not getting the prices of yesteryear bud.

batsu

Rookie
Daps
There's some YouTuber that make videos almost daily trying to predict a real estate crash. Alot of people have probably missed out on owning a home by listening to him.
The ad revenue for real estate and finance videos is crazy high. They get paid $15-$50 per 1000 views. It makes sense why they keep making those videos since they bring the most views and make so much money for them. I doubt those youtubers actually believe in anything they're talking about in those videos. Sucks that their viewers don't realize that they're being played.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
When they build more.
Another serious economic downturn.
They certainly ain't about to address why dollars at current wages can't afford housing.
Once, America was all for homeownership.
Why has that changed?

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
shyt ain’t coming down unless the entire economy collapses and people need to sell to live.

Builders aren’t building single family starter homes because their isn’t much profit in it. Companies are buying up stock and turning them into rentals. Chinese are buying homes as investments.

One more fukked up thing is happening. People from high salary states who can work remotely are moving to lower income states and driving up the prices in the local market. My friend is in real estate here in Atlanta and he said folks from Cali and the northeast are flocking to Atlanta and surprisingly Orlando and inflating everything. 800k townhomes selling like it’s nothing. That’s wild!

Damn they fukking up Florida too now :lupe:

Atlanta been kinda high already, no? It's a corporate and entertainment Hotspot

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Don’t wait to buy, they’re not going down. Also, if rates were to go down then purchase price would go up (because more people would look to buy). The rates is what stopped bidding wars and people putting their house on the market for ridiculous price points. Get the house now, refi when the market dip.

I don't think we are ever gonna see 3% interest rates again. that shyt is dead.

Crude

Superstar
Daps
Go ahead and buy now.

Even if interest rates level off the prices will still go up. I personally don’t think those 3 and 4 percent interest rates are ever coming back.

The price of shyt never goes down it always trends upward even as the market corrects itself.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Right now, people who locked in to their low interest rate mortgages aren't willing to sell like that, even if they'll make a hell of a profit. At least not as much as they were doing like a couple years ago.

The answer is to either have everyone lose their job, build more homes farther away from city centers, or to move to iowa:scusthov:

I'm currently on a 3% rate for a house that's worth around 350-400K now cuz I only borrowed 208K when I bought it. and my mortgage is only $1400, and that's after a MASSIVE property tax increase

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don’t wait to buy, they’re not going down. Also, if rates were to go down then purchase price would go up (because more people would look to buy). The rates is what stopped bidding wars and people putting their house on the market for ridiculous price points. Get the house now, refi when the market dip.
But you can only refi if you got equity if the value plummets u under water with a high interest rate, you super fuccked