When Will The Backlash Against Baldur's Gate 3 Begin?

Superstar
Daps
I fukked with it :ehh:
@Ciggavelli you might be setting him up to fail with a comparison like that lol.

It’s more like a blend of all the good things between divinity and Pillars, plus steroids. Without the older limitations they are able to go full DnD but with the best presentation yet.

The real life board game dnd players have to use their imagination to visualize all the stuff going on, this one actually does a really good job of representing that imagination.

It also doesn’t do much hand holding but the exploration, environment, and conversations make it so it’s fun to crash out and see what happens. If you aren’t used to these kind of games (D:OS, PoE, Baldur’s gate I-II, etc) the stats and numbers can feel overwhelming.

It’s like learning to ride a motorcycle for the first time, but the motorcycle is a turbo Hayabusa and the only teacher is a YouTube video. @Methodical I’d say fukk with it, I’m sure @Ciggavelli would agree. If you want to try something similar first then try Divinity or Pillars of Eternity for cheap.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
@Ciggavelli you might be setting him up to fail with a comparison like that lol.

It’s more like a blend of all the good things between divinity and Pillars, plus steroids. Without the older limitations they are able to go full DnD but with the best presentation yet.

The real life board game dnd players have to use their imagination to visualize all the stuff going on, this one actually does a really good job of representing that imagination.

It also doesn’t do much hand holding but the exploration, environment, and conversations make it so it’s fun to crash out and see what happens. If you aren’t used to these kind of games (D:OS, PoE, Baldur’s gate I-II, etc) the stats and numbers can feel overwhelming.

It’s like learning to ride a motorcycle for the first time, but the motorcycle is a turbo Hayabusa and the only teacher is a YouTube video. @Methodical I’d say fukk with it, I’m sure @Ciggavelli would agree. If you want to try something similar first then try Divinity or Pillars of Eternity for cheap.
Yeah, I see what you’re saying, but still it reminds me of DAI a lot. Similar setting and strategy based party based combat (though turned based). I haven’t played Divinity Original Sin 1 or 2 though, so it was the closest game I could think of. I think I’ll finally play DOS now, given how good BG3 is. I kept meaning to play them, but now I think my hand it finally forced.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
It is a slow game, combat wise. I'm not opposed to turn based combat but this is........a lot. The game is good thus far though and I'm getting the hang of it. I didn't buy it, just came off the road and pirated it immediately.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Is it?

Is it enough action where I'm not reading lore for 70% of my gaming experience?
I'd say that depends on how you play. It's like 40% combat, 60% lore/story. Mine playthrough is probably 75% story, 25% combat because I keep talking my way out of fights. But you can fight a lot of people if you want to. The lore is cool though, and it's not longwinded notes and books to read. Most of the "books" are only a few paragraphs long. It's a setting you want to learn more about though, but you don't have to. The dialogue does a lot of the explaining, so you don't even have to read the books at all. I like to though. I like story/lore in gaming however

Superstar
Daps
Is it?

Is it enough action where I'm not reading lore for 70% of my gaming experience?

They take a more visualized approach than other games. Most books, journals, letter I pick up are only a few sentences. conversations, movies, and fighting dialog, and events happening in the background while you do other shyt explain things the most. They pretty much took DND from being an indie niche film and turned it into a Michael bay big budget summer blockbuster.