When Will The Backlash Against Baldur's Gate 3 Begin?

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
I don't know that it will.

BG1 and 2 are still considered GOAT status.

I haven't heard too much Elden Ring backlash

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
As early as next week then right around the time we've moved onto discussing the next big thing, which I believe is Starfield, it will reach a fever pitch just in time for the PS5 release.

Daps
I just had to endure people whining for months about final fantasy not being turn based now i gotta endure the whining about this game being turn based lol
:francis: I’m not whining Breh. Nor shytting on turn based. Would like to see what the hype is about but that just turns me off.

And tbh FF16 was kinda too much too, FF7r was the perfect balance.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I just had to endure people whining for months about final fantasy not being turn based now i gotta endure the whining about this game being turn based lol
You know, you don't have to endure shyt if you didn't spent everyday acting like an ambassador for everything Sony.

You could just play the games and not spend hours every day arguing with nikkas on the internet.

You chose to endure this bullshyt and you like it. :mjlol:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
When it drops on console and a ton players who just bought it for the hype realize that this is a hardcore game-game, similar to Elden Ring
The difference is that the difficulty can be adjusted. You can save and go back to change an outcome you don't like. Elden Ring says fukk you that it's hard. Either get good or you just accept spending full price for a game that is too hard.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd say closer to the PS5 launch, we're definitely getting a "Games are too long" thinkpiece aimed squarely at Baldur's Gate 3.

I'd also say we're going to get the rare triple backlash, where people complain about it being a DnD ass DnD game, nerds shyt on people that tried it and didn't like it, and then people shyt on THEM for probably being elitist a$$holes about it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Gonna be a lot of hype purchases just for people to realize they don’t want to spend 100s of hours managing stuff in a hardcore turn based RPG.

I like CRPGs and turn based games, but the game is intimidating even to me. When i think about dedicating 150+ hours to the game i just feel like i’d rather spend that time playing a bunch of different stuff.

I bet the completion percentage on this game is gonna be in the low single digits.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
:francis: I’m not whining Breh. Nor shytting on turn based. Would like to see what the hype is about but that just turns me off.

I strongly dislike turn based combat too but I'm still loving the game overall. Given I don't care for turn based, I just put the difficulty on the Narrative setting which was perfect given that much like The Witcher 3, I'm only interested in this for the depth of the RP aspects and the story. As someone who loves RPGs, the game excels enough in every other notable category (characters, side missions, choice, narrative, role-playing) that combat is only a minor inconvenience. This isn't to mention that given my chosen skills and class, I'm routinely able to resolve half of the potential conflicts with words alone & never have to even enter combat. On Narrative, it's barely a factor and I'm glad they gave us the option.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
When it drops on console and a ton players who just bought it for the hype realize that this is a hardcore game-game, similar to Elden Ring
I've had some friends that bought this on PC due to the hype and they're not enjoying it because it's not what they expected. I think that might happen on console side more than PC since console gamers aren't used to CRPG. However, we can't underestimate console players because I think some will become CRPG fans because of this game

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I've had some friends that bought this on PC due to the hype and they're not enjoying it because it's not what they expected. I think that might happen on console side more than PC since console gamers aren't used to CRPG. However, we can't underestimate console players because I think some will become CRPG fans because of this game

Oh for sure. I tried Divinity 2 a couple years ago and it made me a fan of the genre. I plan on playing this whenever I’m done with starfield and cyberpunk later in the year.

Not everybody built for that hardcore buildcrafting and deep turn based combat tho :lolbron: