When Will The Backlash Against Baldur's Gate 3 Begin?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The answer to this thread is pretty clear. When the console players get a hold of this the backlash will begin. People playing this game on PC are the sorts of people who would be more open to the game anyway. Many console players have no idea what this even is and are seeing all this hype.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The answer to this thread is pretty clear. When the console players get a hold of this the backlash will begin. People playing this game on PC are the sorts of people who would be more open to the game anyway. Many console players have no idea what this even is and are seeing all this hype.

People also aren’t dumb. There’s youtube and tiktok, twitter, twitch, etc.

The same ‘concerns’ were raised when elden ring blew up last year and everyone said it would have the lowest completion percentage out and mass returns, etc. turns out it has a higher completition percentage than GTA, Assassins Creed, RDR2, etc.

The people who don’t like it will most likely quietly bounce off it but at the end of the day, a good game is a good game. The people who love it will probably become new fans of the genre

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
People also aren’t dumb.
real-house-wives-of-miami-let-me-stop-you-right-there.gif

This is the Internet, people are dumb as fukking fukk.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff

The same ‘concerns’ were raised when elden ring blew up last year and everyone said it would have the lowest completion percentage out and mass returns, etc. turns out it has a higher completition percentage than GTA, Assassins Creed, RDR2, etc.

The people who don’t like it will most likely quietly bounce off it but at the end of the day, a good game is a good game. The people who love it will probably become new fans of the genre

I fukking hate Elden Ring. 😤

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
It is a slow game, combat wise. I'm not opposed to turn based combat but this is........a lot. The game is good thus far though and I'm getting the hang of it. I didn't buy it, just came off the road and pirated it immediately.
:myman:

Some folks forget the real reason why we pay for the internet :wow:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Dark Souls 3 sold over 10 million copies many on consoles. Souls games were a known quantity to console players and were already mainstream on consoles well before Elden Ring came out. Many console players aren't familiar with this series so that's not a valid comparison.

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
I’m playing with a docked steam deck on controller for now….I’m pretty sure keyboard and mouse will feel way better but once you get used to controller it’s very manageable

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
When it drops on console and a ton players who just bought it for the hype realize that this is a hardcore game-game, similar to Elden Ring
Winner, winner, chicken dinner. It's a CRPG. Most console people ain't built for that, from what I've seen. They want Final Fantasy esque stuff. This is right up my alley.