When Will The Backlash Against Baldur's Gate 3 Begin?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I'd imagine some people just won't fukk with it because it's a crpg lol. Not gonna lie, as a guy who played the previous games it's weird as fukk seeing so many people talking about it. This genre and game style isn't for everyone and I'm sure it's turning some folks off. But overall the word of mouth and respect for the game is so strong I don't think it'll hurt at all. Even people who dislike the game respect the design and way it was done.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
These console players about to get this game, boot up, and see that the radial ability wheel with a controller is not one menu but four, and it's probably gonna bluescreen a lot of people's brains.

This is just an easier game to manage on a keyboard. The fact that using a controller will slow the experience simply because it's multiple inputs to have a character jump across a gap in the terrain on a controller, but you just hit Z on a keyboard... That plus the turn-based means this game is going to play slower on a console than a keyboard by default. And with most console players being predisposed against turn-based as it is because it's 'slow', it's just going to exacerbate the speed issue for them.

Ironic, considering how fast the game is playable even in big combats once you get the mechanics down. Once you understand CC spells, terrain management/manipulation, and understand that sometimes the best way to deal with a chonky enemy isn't to hit it with a sword, it's to gravity the nikka to death, the game speed is actually not that slow. But... there's a reason that RTS didn't take off crazy on console. And this is basically all the nuance of an RTS, but on half-speed.

Folks who like it gon love it. Those caught up in hype purchases without doing any kind of research into whether they'll actually like the game... deserve what they get :yeshrug: . This game been in EA for years. There were thousands of hours of actual gameplay on youtube before the game even had a release date or caught the hypetrain. If nikkas walk into this with they wallets open and they minds closed; they deserve what happens to them :sas1:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I’m a little over half way done with the game (like 45 hours in and half way through act 2), and the combat is going to turn some people off. I hate turn based combat, but I’m really enjoying the game. Everything else is damn near perfect, so I play the game despite the combat. This might be one of the best rpgs ever. However, I can’t imagine playing this on a controller :dead:

Some people in the BG3 thread are playing with a controller, so maybe it’s implemented well, but not having a mouse would be difficult for me.

But, yeah, the combat is going to be divisive for a lot of people.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’m a little over half way done with the game (like 45 hours in and half way through act 2), and the combat is going to turn some people off. I hate turn based combat, but I’m really enjoying the game. Everything else is damn near perfect, so I play the game despite the combat. This might be one of the best rpgs ever. However, I can’t imagine playing this on a controller :dead:

Some people in the BG3 thread are playing with a controller, so maybe it’s implemented well, but not having a mouse would be difficult for me.

But, yeah, the combat is going to be divisive for a lot of people.

Larian has the best gamepad support of any other CRPG maker imo

FatherSimp

Enough white hoes to last me thru ATL
Daps
You know, you don't have to endure shyt if you didn't spent everyday acting like an ambassador for everything Sony.

You could just play the games and not spend hours every day arguing with nikkas on the internet.

You chose to endure this bullshyt and you like it. :mjlol:

:deadrose::dead:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
These console players about to get this game, boot up, and see that the radial ability wheel with a controller is not one menu but four, and it's probably gonna bluescreen a lot of people's brains.

This is just an easier game to manage on a keyboard. The fact that using a controller will slow the experience simply because it's multiple inputs to have a character jump across a gap in the terrain on a controller, but you just hit Z on a keyboard... That plus the turn-based means this game is going to play slower on a console than a keyboard by default. And with most console players being predisposed against turn-based as it is because it's 'slow', it's just going to exacerbate the speed issue for them.

Ironic, considering how fast the game is playable even in big combats once you get the mechanics down. Once you understand CC spells, terrain management/manipulation, and understand that sometimes the best way to deal with a chonky enemy isn't to hit it with a sword, it's to gravity the nikka to death, the game speed is actually not that slow. But... there's a reason that RTS didn't take off crazy on console. And this is basically all the nuance of an RTS, but on half-speed.

Folks who like it gon love it. Those caught up in hype purchases without doing any kind of research into whether they'll actually like the game... deserve what they get :yeshrug: . This game been in EA for years. There were thousands of hours of actual gameplay on youtube before the game even had a release date or caught the hypetrain. If nikkas walk into this with they wallets open and they minds closed; they deserve what happens to them :sas1:
playing this shyt with a controller would be like trying to piss with a hard on( PAUSE:dame: ) you can get it done but damn if it dont make a simple task more annoying.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
playing this shyt with a controller would be like trying to piss with a hard on( PAUSE:dame: ) you can get it done but damn if it dont make a simple task more annoying.
can't argue that

I plugged in a controller just for a moment to see, and booooooooooooooooooooooooooy. Not never again ever at all even once :francis: