When Will Rappers Learn That Too Much Social Media Presence Is NOT Good?

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia
I was a big Game fan.. Followed him on IG for a couple years. Saw too many dikk prints and he turned me off duke

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
i feel u in the whole rappers messing up their images on social media...but x wouldn't be a good example. X getting bad news press and actual interviews of him looking bad was xs downgrade not his social media antics like TheGame.
Yea, I was speaking moreso on the 24/7 access we have in general. Not just social media. I'm talking reality shows and the news in general also. We know more about these entertainers today than ever before,

That gif of X is from a reality show. Kinda hard to keep any type of "mystique" being on a reality show

TheRtist

Superstar
Daps
DMX probably had the most mystique out of anybody back in the day to me. I was legit shook of dude when he came on the scene:merchant:

Now, he's pretty much lost all of it:francis:

9Zf70ML.jpg

not really

If you listened to his music you know he was dealing with issues and if you were mature you know those issues had consequences.

if anything he is the most authentic.

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well when social media propelled a 70yr old man into the white house and he runs the country from social media...

I mean....it's hard to knock it as a bad thing to do. Regardless of view a 70yr old man is the biggest draw in social media,lol

igottabaldhead

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Tri State Area
it depends.

for me, i love 50's instagram, but that is by and large because 50 is a naturally funny, charismatic and intersting guy, who has no problem speaking his mind when his name is mentioned lol, which makes entertaining drama for his fans.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, Banks is practically nonexistent for months (years?) at a time on social media. But that works for him, since nearly everyone in the industry describes him as really quiet and to himself. Watch any g-unit interview, banks will maybe say a sentence or two for the whole 10-20 minutes.So banks doesnt need any social media, that doesnt fit his character. it's really on a individual basis whether social media is good or bad for a rapper.

I dont need any "mystique" for my artists lol. I love seeing them do everyday stuff. I remember when Wolf dropped, tyler was using instagram and vine ALOT to show little clips of him in the studio and out and about enjoying life, all while hinting towards the incoming release. It was great hype building.

IShotTheSheriff

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Till this day I don't know shyt about the personal lives of the members of BONE (my fav group growing up). Besides Bizzy's child kidnapping situation (which he's spoke about in the music) and I think Krayzie accidentally shot Wish in the leg once, that's about it.

Matter fact, I just recently found out last year that Layzie got shot in the head a long time ago.:dead:

Somebody posted a Layzie Bone interview here and he talked about it.

Bone still has "mystique" to me.:salute:
Any bone fan good in my books.

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Law 16: Use Absence to Increase Respect and Honor

Too much circulation makes the price go down: The more you are seen and heard from, the more common you appear. If you are already established in a group, temporary withdrawal from it will make you more talked about, even more admired. You must learn when to leave. Create value through scarcity.

The only rappers that I'm aware of that implemented this law in their lives is Jcole and Jay Z. You hardly see them posting vids on twitter, snapchat or Instagram posting their issues with certain people, or giving their opinions on certain subjects.

Daps
Well when social media propelled a 70yr old man into the white house and he runs the country from social media...

I mean....it's hard to knock it as a bad thing to do. Regardless of view a 70yr old man is the biggest draw in social media,lol

Social media has is definite positives and negatives. Positive when it's being used for marketing, or getting out awareness on certain issues. Bad when people attention whore, put out too much information, or just use it to show their asses(literally and figuratively)

Daps
Law 16: Use Absence to Increase Respect and Honor

Too much circulation makes the price go down: The more you are seen and heard from, the more common you appear. If you are already established in a group, temporary withdrawal from it will make you more talked about, even more admired. You must learn when to leave. Create value through scarcity.

Them 48 laws of power are my bible :myman:

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Them 48 laws of power are my bible :myman:

:salute:No doubt, there's a few things I disagree with but I just concentrate on the things that I can implement. Years ago I used to be an open book I would tell people my plans, my opinions and etc, but now I just say less than necessary to my family, acquaintance and colleagues.

Daps
:salute:No doubt, there's a few things I disagree with but I just concentrate on the things that I can implement. Years ago I used to be an open book I would tell people my plans, my opinions and etc, but now I just say less than necessary to my family, acquaintance and colleagues.

Real talk, telling people your plans is the first step to never seeing them be actualized. Plus, a lot of people out here are not trying to see you win.