When Will Rappers Learn That Too Much Social Media Presence Is NOT Good?

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I remember back in the days the closest you could get to knowing rappers or r&b artists personally besides interviews was the fan mail shyt in the back of Word Up or Vibe or Source Mag. Back then rappers/r&b singers were mythical, when you didnt know shyt about them but their music and the interviews they give here and there. Social media is one of the elements of the decline of hip hop culture where alot of these rappers and r&b singers can't help but fiend for attention and in result expose how lame they really are.

Chris Brown
Wale
Joe Budden

These three are the main examples of social media ruining your entire brand. Even Talkb Kweli to an extent..dude stays on twitter forever arguing with racists and black folks about political subjects. Makes him come off as just another cornball who is always arguing while his music is an afterthought.

Social media is the devil. You will never see a elusive mythical soul like Sade using it or on there talking about her personal life or feelings on a political subject. Sade was always known for her mysteriousness which was an additional appeal to her music. Many artists today should take note.

You can stay connected to your fans by giving them music. That's it. You owe them nothing else. Not even a thank you. Because at the end of the day, your downfall is more entertaining than your rise. Alot of these "fans" out here just wanna see you fail. Don't give them a reason to
GOSPEL!
Talib has completely assed out on twitter....the bolded is 100% truth!

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
That's why I like DJ Quik because he still has somewhat of a mystique

Edit: I forgot about his twitter :dead:

Last edited:

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
Future prolly has the most Mystique out of any big rapper currently.

A big cash money shyt talker on the mic, who makes drug use sound "cool"

Outside of rap you don't here a word from this dude, a interview every blue moon.
Hes litteraly on Snapchat all the time:dead:

1-8-7-Skillz

Superstar
Daps
The Game suffered the most from social media, dude is one of my fav rappers but he stays embarassing himself with all the bullshyt on instagram :snoop:

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
It was supposed to always be that way imo......be famous not infamous.....u got folks out here now famous for nothing but who they fukked or shot.