When Was Drake Ever Broke?

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
Dog....right now in America $50,000 after taxes is about $37,000 which is about $3,000 a month

Let's say he kicks his mom $1,000 a month to help out with shyt

That's $2,000 a month x 12 = $24,000

He was on Degrassi for what? 4 seasons maybe

I'm not gonna include agent fees

I'm also gonna assume he lived with his mom the entire time instead of staying by himself.

So assuming he saved all his bread he should've had around $100,000 but, we know he didnt because dude was 17 years old then and if you had $2,000 a month to play around with back then you would've been buying Jordans every week, clothes, partying, stunting for girls etc. I think this silly nikka rented a Bentley back then too :russ: He alluded to this by saying he and his mom argued over money which sounds like her telling him to save his money in case he needs it later. So once Degrassi was over (2006 - 2009) and he had no income coming in, whatever he saved from acting would've been getting spent on living expenses + investing in music until SFG popped and he got on. That's probably what he's referring to. You don't know how much money that nikka had back in 2007. That nikka could've been down to his last couple grand.
This was Canada in 2004. That's 13 years ago.
Most rappers weren't child stars in countries with high quality of life.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
The average median income for an American household is $51,939.

Drake was making that as a teen.

There is no way this can be spun as, he was broke. It's literally impossible. Even if he helped out his mom and fukked off the rest of his money....the fact of the matter is he had the money to do that. There is millions of people that never had that money in the first place. If he's broke, what are they?

The one thing from this thread I will agree with is "broke is subjective" because there's millionaires who complain about they can't afford a bigger pool. Everyone always thinks shyt is worse than it actually is....so a child actor from Canada's definition of "broke" is a hell of a lot different than most people.

Fred.

You just killed your own argument then. The average American makes $50,000 and nobody in their right mind is going to argue that's a lot of money. That's barely middle class money. But because of your hatred for Drake, you trying to make $50,000 sound like its living rich when its not. I guess Spinner, Emma, Toby and Liberty were rich then too huh? How long you think that Degrassi money lasted Spinner once he aged out of the TV show? :mjlol: Because that's your argument.....so why weren't Spinner, Emma, Toby, Liberty, JT & Paige balling out after the show ended? Has anyone even heard from them in these last 10 years? :mjgrin: Only on the Coli is three grand a month "rich". That's sneaker and clothes money, a fly car and the rest being packed away for college. He wasn't P. Diddy's son. He was the 7th lead character on an obscure Canadian TV show. And when it was over, that money started to wear thin the same way it probably wore thin for the rest of the cast who weren't lucky enough to became mega superstars like Drake.

wingstop

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
outbackbread
he spent himself broke post degrassi financing his rap career and stunting. To the point he was borrowing from family. I think Comeback Season or SFG was recorded when he was living with 40

he told this story in his music a bunch of times. "queen street dreams that nobody believed in"
"Used to be on TV making 50 racks a year, after helping momma out that shyt would disappear"
I was on TV making 50 racks a year/ After helping momma out that shyt would disappear
Half a million dollars later and my taxes paid
And I'm still spendin' money from my actin' days

anigif_sub-buzz-25972-1479741401-2.gif

Is it oochie wally or is it one mic? #6fraud
eHkZEab.png

tumblr_o9fdvtLlOd1qlsrn9o1_r1_500.gif

delta

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You just killed your own argument then. The average American makes $50,000 and nobody in their right mind is going to argue that's a lot of money. That's barely middle class money. But because of your hatred for Drake, you trying to make $50,000 sound like its living rich when its not. I guess Spinner, Emma, Toby and Liberty were rich then too huh? How long you think that Degrassi money lasted Spinner once he aged out of the TV show? :mjlol: Because that's your argument.....so why weren't Spinner, Emma, Toby, Liberty, JT & Paige balling out after the show ended? Has anyone even heard from them in these last 10 years? :mjgrin: Only on the Coli is three grand a month "rich". That's sneaker and clothes money, a fly car and the rest being packed away for college. He wasn't P. Diddy's son. He was the 7th lead character on an obscure Canadian TV show. And when it was over, that money started to wear thin the same way it probably wore thin for the rest of the cast who weren't lucky enough to became mega superstars like Drake.

not even a drake hater but you sound really out of touch with the reality of economics.

the average american dont even have $500 in savings. $3k is tons of money. what are you on? youre just describing poor financial decisions. just becvause he wasn't "balling" doesnt mean he wasnt financially set. you act like it's black or white with no inbetween

$50k goes a very long way in lots parts of the country.. especially in the south.

Drakes mom wasnt working bc she was sick , no? so i assume he had to pay for the big azz mortgage and bills.

Drake and his mom lived in a pretty upper class part of Toronto right? so he wasn't balling like his neighbors off $50k being the sole bread winner but he was living better than 99% of people.

also last year i remember he said he made like $500k off degrassi... cmon breh

i can buy drake was "broke" (if we stretch it to say he couldnt buy what he wanted) for probably a 1-2 years between Degrassi and his 1st album advance but not enough to make "started from the bottom" a legit thing

Last edited:

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
not even a drake hater but you sound really out of touch with the reality of economics.

the average american dont even have $500 in savings. $3k is tons of money. what are you on? youre just describing poor financial decisions. just becvause he wasn't "balling" doesnt mean he wasnt financially set. you act like it's black or white with no inbetween

$50k goes a very long way in lots parts of the country.. especially in the south.

Drakes mom wasnt working bc she was sick , no? so i assume he had to pay for the big azz mortgage and bills.

Drake and his mom lived in a pretty upper class part of Toronto right? so he wasn't balling like his neighbors off $50k being the sole bread winner but he was living better than 99% of people.

also last year i remember he said he made like $500k off degrassi... cmon breh

i can buy drake was "broke" (if we stretch it to say he couldnt buy what he wanted) for probably a 1-2 years between Degrassi and his 1st album advance but not enough to make "started from the bottom" a legit thing

That nikka did NOT make no $500,000 off Degrassi :russ:

Did you watch the show nikka? I did. Those actors are the epitome of replaceable. They swap actors every 2-3 years. They have no leverage and most of them have no tv experience beforehand. They'd probably made a 5k-8k per episode. And that's being generous. He was obviously fronting. Remember this same guy rode around in a rented Bentley. Besides I already made my point. If you're trying to say Drake was rich then that means you're saying all the other cast members on the show were rich like Emma, Manny, Spinner, Toby, etc. and I can promise you right now none of them motherfukkers are rich and they all probably quickly realized how short their careers were post-Degrassi which kills your argument. If the music shyt didn't take off Drake would've been a Canadian nikka with just enough money to graduate college debt free (assuming he saved enough).

Last edited: