Harry B

Superstar
Daps

wingstop

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
outbackbread
nikkas hate Drake but they know and interpret his lyrics better than fundamentalists can quote the Quran.

My dude it's rap, he's being witty with words. It's a play on people like Jay and Jeezy talking about spending money from the drug dealing days, he's spending money from his acting days.
:laff:you stans are so defensive. I hate drake now cause I pointed out an obvious contradiction from listening to his music?

:damn: protect papi !!!!!

When he's talking about not having money from acting, he's telling the truth and talking about his life :sas1:

But when he's bragging about the money he made acting, he's lying and exaggerating.:pachaha:

:umad: don't ever quote me again fakkit

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
After he got rained on by bullets

Broke his soul :troll:
Iw8nLmf.gif
]

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
a teen making 50k a year in the 90s, thats 100k in todays age. :dead:. who in here is making 100k a year in their teens, I want fukking receipts. fukk that, there's grown arse men with families in here not making that. SHOW ME.

His jewish arse was never ever broke.

He was on the show for 4 years in the 2000's, breh. This was "Degrassi: The Next Generation", not the OG one.

Also, when reading Drake threads like this, I can't help but to think that there's a disconnect in perception...at least, as far as the show was concerned and how big it actually was. You'd think dude had been acting on the show for half his life by reading these threads.

Orlando Brown or Donald Glover would easily be more recognizable coming from their shows than Drake was. shyt was "The N" (Teen Nick, not main Nickelodeon).

That's like...MTV2, which people DO watch but it's not MTV.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Aight so he had enough cash to finance his rap career and stunt....from a real job he had...not really broke...he had enough money to pay rent, food, etc...he just chose to spend it to get on the rap industry

50 racks/year ain't nowhere near broke for a teenager...at 17 I was making 5.50 flipping burgers...
$50k a year with adult expenses isn't that much.
He said he was essentially paying his mother's bills as well as his own expenses with his annual salary, after taxes.
Toronto isn't cheap.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He might not grew up "rich", but he definitely grew up upper middle class.
They got a video on Youtube of this nikka screaming at his momma about a bagel that she forgot to order mustard on it or something.... I never even seen a bagel until I moved out the hood.
Upper-middle class is 100s of thousands of dollars post-tax in Toronto per year.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
:laff:you stans are so defensive. I hate drake now cause I pointed out an obvious contradiction from listening to his music?

:damn: protect papi !!!!!

When he's talking about not having money from acting, he's telling the truth and talking about his life :sas1:

But when he's bragging about the money he made acting, he's lying and exaggerating.:pachaha:

:umad: don't ever quote me again fakkit
Tell me why you mad son? Does calling people a fakkit make you feel hetero?

How am I a stan? This is the funny thing with you old heads, you think that just cause we aren't dikkriding haters, we are stans. Even if we don't give him props for anything.
Most people can discuss hip hop without getting in their feelings.

It's an obvious play on that classic tail about rappers spending money from before the fame.

This line is from like 2011, he stopped acting 6 years before that, after Rolls Royces, houses in different countries and on. While he was acting he lived in the basement of another family. When he signed he was making what he got from 5 seasons from 2 hours work. He might be Jewish but I doubt that he blew less than like 250k in 10 years including 2-3 as a rap star.

So that line doesn't sound like he actually means it. Rap is generally not for dumb ass nikkas who need every bar dropped literally. You need to understand basic wit, sarcasm, metaphors and on.

Last edited:

blizzard man

Join the Nintendo Fun Club today!
Daps
Reppin
DC
Jayz lost 92 bricks and y'all believe that

But Drake was making 50k a year for a coupla years and that meant he was never broke in life and lived that Silver Spoons life str8 out the womb

Y'all must be hella broke in here for this debate to be still going on