When Was Drake Ever Broke?

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
He might not grew up "rich", but he definitely grew up upper middle class.
They got a video on Youtube of this nikka screaming at his momma about a bagel that she forgot to order mustard on it or something.... I never even seen a bagel until I moved out the hood.
:dead: :dead: :dead:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
They got a video on Youtube of this nikka screaming at his momma about a bagel that she forgot to order mustard on it or something.... I never even seen a bagel until I moved out the hood.
There's several degrees between poor and rich.

I ate bagels when I was a broke student, it's not expensive, Walmart has bagels :dahell:
That had to do with your culinary ignorance.

He was not upper middle class, by the definition he was middle class (single mom, teacher), but he also made 50 racks a year as a teen. Which is more free cash than most rich kids get from their parents as teens (minus private school/university tuition and family stuff like boats, vacation homes, vacations etc).

I'd say that he had the same upbringing as big, made his own racks from TV, Big from crack. Both singles moms who were teachers :manny:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So if a child actor from the suburbs of Canada making $50,000 a year is broke because he had to take care of his mom....what is a teen in any major American city who has to take care of his mom, but he's working a fast food gig? Ultra-broke? Mega-broke?:jbhmm:

You weird ass Drake stans gotta stop trying to redefine words. It's bad enough you tried to do the same thing with "the bottom".

Fred.

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's several degrees between poor and rich.

I ate bagels when I was a broke student, it's not expensive, Walmart has bagels :dahell:
That had to do with your culinary ignorance.

He was not upper middle class, by the definition he was middle class (single mom, teacher), but he also made 50 racks a year as a teen. Which is more free cash than most rich kids get from their parents as teens (minus private school/university tuition and family stuff like boats, vacation homes, vacations etc).

I'd say that he had the same upbringing as big, made his own racks from TV, Big from crack. Both singles moms who were teachers :manny:

brothas was eating bagels until the late 90's...and not starbucks until early 2g.

depending on age some stuff was white sh!t until the late 90s. if you under 30 you probably was used to seeing bagels at McDonald with the sandwiches. Bagels used the preppy and Jewish....ole sinefeld sh!t.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
He was stunting, investing in his rap shyt, paying his mother's housing and medical bills---and that doesn't even include the fact that close to half your monies goes to the government in Canada.
Medical bills? Health care is free here, breh.
She had that house before he was on the show, because she's a well to do jew...
White wealth transfers are real. He also "worked at shoppers" according to the narrative.

ace416

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:bryan::deadmanny::pachaha:cmon bruh a bagel? Was this a hood in Brazil or something?

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
So if a child actor from the suburbs of Canada making $50,000 a year is broke because he had to take care of his mom....what is a teen in any major American city who has to take care of his mom, but he's working a fast food gig? Ultra-broke? Mega-broke?:jbhmm:

You weird ass Drake stans gotta stop trying to redefine words. It's bad enough you tried to do the same thing with "the bottom".

Fred.

Dog....right now in America $50,000 after taxes is about $37,000 which is about $3,000 a month

Let's say he kicks his mom $1,000 a month to help out with shyt

That's $2,000 a month x 12 = $24,000

He was on Degrassi for what? 4 seasons maybe

I'm not gonna include agent fees

I'm also gonna assume he lived with his mom the entire time instead of staying by himself.

So assuming he saved all his bread he should've had around $100,000 but, we know he didnt because dude was 17 years old then and if you had $2,000 a month to play around with back then you would've been buying Jordans every week, clothes, partying, stunting for girls etc. I think this silly nikka rented a Bentley back then too :russ: He alluded to this by saying he and his mom argued over money which sounds like her telling him to save his money in case he needs it later. So once Degrassi was over (2006 - 2009) and he had no income coming in, whatever he saved from acting would've been getting spent on living expenses + investing in music until SFG popped and he got on. That's probably what he's referring to. You don't know how much money that nikka had back in 2007. That nikka could've been down to his last couple grand.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Dog....right now in America $50,000 after taxes is about $37,000 which is about $3,000 a month

Let's say he kicks his mom $1,000 a month to help out with shyt

That's $2,000 a month x 12 = $24,000

He was on Degrassi for what? 4 seasons maybe

I'm not gonna include agent fees

I'm also gonna assume he lived with his mom the entire time instead of staying by himself.

So assuming he saved all his bread he should've had around $100,000 but, we know he didnt because dude was 17 years old then and if you had $2,000 a month to play around with back then you would've been buying Jordans every week, clothes, partying, stunting for girls etc. I think this silly nikka rented a Bentley back then too :russ: He alluded to this by saying he and his mom argued over money which sounds like her telling him to save his money in case he needs it later. So once Degrassi was over (2006 - 2009) and he had no income coming in, whatever he saved from acting would've been getting spent on living expenses + investing in music until SFG popped and he got on. That's probably what he's referring to. You don't know how much money that nikka had back in 2007. That nikka could've been down to his last couple grand.

The average median income for an American household is $51,939.

Drake was making that as a teen.

There is no way this can be spun as, he was broke. It's literally impossible. Even if he helped out his mom and fukked off the rest of his money....the fact of the matter is he had the money to do that. There is millions of people that never had that money in the first place. If he's broke, what are they?

The one thing from this thread I will agree with is "broke is subjective" because there's millionaires who complain about they can't afford a bigger pool. Everyone always thinks shyt is worse than it actually is....so a child actor from Canada's definition of "broke" is a hell of a lot different than most people.

Fred.