When Was Drake Ever Broke?

Peabo Bryson

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The caping in here is sickening and outright disgusting. Please stop. Dude never knew what it was like to _really_ struggle. That video of him in his mom's house shows it all. He always had that to fall back on. Nobody in here is trying to over exagerrate. LOL at whoever said "that's just that T-Dot hustla mentality":pachaha:

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Next these nikkas gonna tell me Miles from Moesha or the little nikka from the Hughleys is balling :russ: the state that Orlando Brown is in right now should tell you that Disney/teenage show money is not long. And That's So Raven was much more popular in the states than some Canadian show. If the music ain't pop for Drake, he would've just been that guy on tv that got shot in the hallway who works at the bank now.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
Next these nikkas gonna tell me Miles from Moesha or the little nikka from the Hughleys is balling :russ: the state that Orlando Brown is in right now should tell you that Disney/teenage show money is not long. And That's So Raven was much more popular in the states than some Canadian show. If the music ain't pop for Drake, he would've just been that guy on tv that got shot in the hallway who works at the bank now.
He's from that neighborhood and he's Jewish.
He didn't need rap, he wanted to rap. He PAID for that PRIVILEGE.
If the truth about everything was known from jump, he would be another mixed nikka in corporate life, enjoying the fruits of a stress free existence, because jew.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
He's from that neighborhood and he's Jewish.
He didn't need rap, he wanted to rap. He PAID for that PRIVILEGE.
If the truth about everything was known from jump, he would be another mixed nikka in corporate life, enjoying the fruits of a stress free existence, because jew.

So he was middle class.....like LOTS of rappers

Not rich like you badly want to prove

As far as the acting thing, he was a Canadian version of Orlando Brown. IIRC, Orlando was trying to launch his rap career too after his show went off air. Obviously didn't work :mjlol: but, it's so easy right. As long as you got money right :mjlol:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
There's several degrees between poor and rich.

I ate bagels when I was a broke student, it's not expensive, Walmart has bagels :dahell:
That had to do with your culinary ignorance.

He was not upper middle class, by the definition he was middle class (single mom, teacher), but he also made 50 racks a year as a teen. Which is more free cash than most rich kids get from their parents as teens (minus private school/university tuition and family stuff like boats, vacation homes, vacations etc).

I'd say that he had the same upbringing as big, made his own racks from TV, Big from crack. Both singles moms who were teachers :manny:

:gucci:

Daps
Reppin
In The Clouds
There's several degrees between poor and rich.

I ate bagels when I was a broke student, it's not expensive, Walmart has bagels :dahell:
That had to do with your culinary ignorance.

He was not upper middle class, by the definition he was middle class (single mom, teacher), but he also made 50 racks a year as a teen. Which is more free cash than most rich kids get from their parents as teens (minus private school/university tuition and family stuff like boats, vacation homes, vacations etc).

I'd say that he had the same upbringing as big, made his own racks from TV, Big from crack. Both singles moms who were teachers :manny:
This is one of the stupdiest posts I have ever read on this board. I can see why you ignored my prior post about how where you live is a factor. But since you want to compare mothafukkin BIggie who grew up in 80s Bedstuy to a nikka who lived in an affluent Toronto suburb let me drop a link to remind you about how stupid you are:

Do black and white children who live in assisted or subsidized housing experience different life outcomes?

• That question was at the center of a new study by Sandra Newman and C. Scott Holupka, two researchers at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore. They combed through federal data on households in public housing or those that received housing vouchers from the 1970s through the first decade of the 2000s.

What the pair found was neither straightforward nor surprising. When it came to life outcomes, living in assisted housing didn't predict significant differences in how children turned out because of their race, a big change from decades past. They also found that black and white people living in subsidized housing in the first decade of the aughts were living in homes of comparable quality, which was not true in the past.

But while they found parity in the housing conditions in which black and white households lived, there were still wide disparities in the neighborhoods in which their homes were located.

"Despite achieving equality and access to quality public housing, because of historical and structural forces, black families are more likely to live in central cities," Newman said — that is, places with more concentrated poverty and the problems that come with it.

CODE SWITCH
    In Chicago, Neighborhoods That Are More Black Don't Gentrify

By contrast, white families in assisted housing were more likely to live on the edges of those cities, or in the inner-ring suburbs — which often meant access to better schools and public services. "Living in a better place can have a very good influence on these outcomes," Newman said
Now imagine what the conditions were for a dude raised in an affluent Jewish suburb as opposed to public housing. If we can see disparities at that level, imagine at THAT level.

Last edited:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
he spent himself broke post degrassi financing his rap career and stunting. To the point he was borrowing from family. I think Comeback Season or SFG was recorded when he was living with 40

he told this story in his music a bunch of times. "queen street dreams that nobody believed in"

My nikka, having a family support your hoop dreams of becoming a famous rapper is the definition of privileged.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Environment is one of the main factors that contributes to poverty. It's why black people receiving government assistance perform worse than white people receiving it. Black people are more prone to live in areas of concentrated poverty whereas a white person will be in an area with a better school, etc. So miss me with this apologist shyt. Deciding to take your acting money to fund a rapping career (the fact that he could even do that is proof that he wasn't struggling because no one who was needed to keep the lights on would do something so selfish) is the definition of a privilege. It's one thing to hustle and then turn that hustle into a rap hustle...you still started from the bottom. But he was a breakout popular character on that show and could've had other opportunities acting if he wanted them--he didn't. He chose to rap and spend his money on that. He wasn't broke due to spending on necessities, he went broke following a dream. That's admirable, but that's not the same thing as the person working at a parlor to keep the lights on in hopes of getting an audition. It's not J. Cole in a trailer home. It's not Kendrick in Compton or Sean in Detroit. The point is, Drake can never be an underdog in hip hop because it is the one popular musical genre in American that is primarily composed of underdogs.

I posted before I read this.

You said what I said but 100 times better lol.

Dap rep

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
This is one of the stupdiest posts I have ever read on this board. I can see why you ignored my prior post about how where you live is a factor. But since you want to compare mothafukkin BIggie who grew up in 80s Bedstuy to a nikka who lived in an affluent Toronto suburb let me drop a link to remind you about how stupid you are:

Now imagine what the conditions were for a dude raised in an affluent Jewish suburb as opposed to public housing. If we can see disparities at that level, imagine at THAT level.
Besides it being a touch of irony, I'm talking about financially fool, use your brain. Since that's what we are talking about right. Being broke, not your parents being too lazy to move out of the city.

I'm not talking about them eating the same way, fukking the same way, their mother reading the same stories, or being treated by the police in the same way and on :snoop:

Coli nikkas.. I don't even know how some of you could pass high school.

They had the same amount of stacks, is that a translation that the nut in your head can sense or? If you want to redefine broke to include anything more than money, go ahead.

Btw I'm not sure he lived in public housing, dude lived just by where Barclays center is now in one of the nicer areas of BK back then. Even though most of NY besides parts of Manhattan was pretty raw back then.

Last edited:

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
a teen making 50k a year in the 90s, thats 100k in todays age. :dead:. who in here is making 100k a year in their teens, I want fukking receipts. fukk that, there's grown arse men with families in here not making that. SHOW ME.

His jewish arse was never ever broke.