When Was Drake Ever Broke?

TheSickness

I'll be seeing y'all neggas on the streets
Daps
Reppin
Is that Horse? It must be i heard he husky
When was bigge ever broke :sas2:
But Biggie wrote his own...

''– Ma$e actually wrote Biggie’s verse for the “Only You” Remix with 112. Puffy had the idea that if Ma$e wrote a good verse for Biggie, that he would then be signed to Bad Boy Records.''

Rare Notorious BIG Facts II – "It Was All A Dream…."

Damn..
UfNLZ

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
After his acting career died of he probably didn't have a lot of money if he was reckless during his acting days.

But broke is subjective, dude is worth 10s of millions broke for him is probably not affording a a trip to NY for a weekend.

Broke for someone in the US is only buying 1 pair of Nikes per year, like people used to call us broke when we were students.

Broke for someone in Mexico is something else, but broke people in Somalia would laugh at those in Mexico and on.

Terrance Curtis Beasley

These ni*gas claim Top 5 but we OVOK
Daps
To add to that, he's not trying to start a philosophical discussion regarding the definition of broke on a fukking Gucci Mane song. Only Drake could have nikkas in their feelings enough to do that, he's using everyday slang:mjlol:
Drake is a fraud period. There's nothing to discuss

He was born rich. He's a pathological liar and he lies on every song

Daps
Reppin
In The Clouds
if you makin 50k a year as a teenager thats wavy

but if you makin 50k a year as a teenager and youre the main breadwinner of your household, then its not quite as wavy.

50k with no expenses is dope

50k with rent, utilities, bills, plus the stupid shyt you wanna do as a teenager, that shyt is gone quick

then after you leave home, its on you to make your money

so unless drizzy went right from degrassi to OVO, he prolly had a few broke ass years in there when he wasnt in school and wasnt on degrassi
There's 0 evidence that he was bringing in all the money in his household.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Drake is a fraud period. There's nothing to discuss

He was born rich. He's a pathological liar and he lies on every song
He was not born rich, he was born to a single mother who was a teacher and shared a house with a random family, but if it makes you sleep better.

Let's act like it.

Either that or you are actually broke as hell and think teachers are rich people, if so then I apologize, he was a very wealthy man.

Daps
Reppin
In The Clouds
yall call people from the burbs sheltered but all yall know is hood life
there are people in middle class neighborhoods that are in debt struggling
its like once a nikka aint from the hood he had it good
Environment is one of the main factors that contributes to poverty. It's why black people receiving government assistance perform worse than white people receiving it. Black people are more prone to live in areas of concentrated poverty whereas a white person will be in an area with a better school, etc. So miss me with this apologist shyt. Deciding to take your acting money to fund a rapping career (the fact that he could even do that is proof that he wasn't struggling because no one who was needed to keep the lights on would do something so selfish) is the definition of a privilege. It's one thing to hustle and then turn that hustle into a rap hustle...you still started from the bottom. But he was a breakout popular character on that show and could've had other opportunities acting if he wanted them--he didn't. He chose to rap and spend his money on that. He wasn't broke due to spending on necessities, he went broke following a dream. That's admirable, but that's not the same thing as the person working at a parlor to keep the lights on in hopes of getting an audition. It's not J. Cole in a trailer home. It's not Kendrick in Compton or Sean in Detroit. The point is, Drake can never be an underdog in hip hop because it is the one popular musical genre in American that is primarily composed of underdogs.

SouljaVoy

♥ Black Love
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta,GA
I don't know if he was ever broke.... He was paying momma rent when he was turning 17.... :whoo:

......but then again I think Quentin Miller wrote that line. :francis:

SouljaVoy

♥ Black Love
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta,GA
He was not born rich, he was born to a single mother who was a teacher and shared a house with a random family, but if it makes you sleep better.

Let's act like it.

Either that or you are actually broke as hell and think teachers are rich people, if so then I apologize, he was a very wealthy man.

He might not grew up "rich", but he definitely grew up upper middle class.
They got a video on Youtube of this nikka screaming at his momma about a bagel that she forgot to order mustard on it or something.... I never even seen a bagel until I moved out the hood.