When Madame Web bombs at the box office will that put an end to all high budget female led superhero movies?

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
So, question.

Sony has all the rights to Jessica Drew’s Spider-Woman, Ghost-Spider/GwenPool/Gwen Stacey, Cindy Moon/Silk, and Felicia Hardy/Black Cat… right???

My question is if they have all those properties, wouldn’t it make sense to have Sydney star in one of the above (mainly either one of the Gwens or Black Cat) instead of this bullshyt???

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
So, question.

Sony has all the rights to Jessica Drew’s Spider-Woman, Ghost-Spider/GwenPool/Gwen Stacey, Cindy Moon/Silk, and Felicia Hardy/Black Cat… right???

My question is if they have all those properties, wouldn’t it make sense to have Sydney star in one of the above (mainly either one of the Gwens or Black Cat) instead of this bullshyt???

dave-chappelle-distraction.gif

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I hope so. The core audience is waiting for this bullshyt experiment to end.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
So, question.

It would but it would better served if they had Spiderman to help introduce those characters and be the connective tissue instead of having them on their own or else you'd be running into the same problem as this one.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The bolded is totally incorrect. Women aren't the target market for comic books. How many girls you knew growing up were watching superhero cartoons or reading comics on the regular? Never?

For example. The Barbie movie didn't try to cater to men. They served their target audience, and if other demographics care to watch, fine.

Those same women that didn’t grow up reading comics or watching superhero cartoons on the regular show up to other superhero movies. Why would this movie be different? The bold is totally correct. You can watch superhero movies without reading comics.

A superhero movie today is nothing more than an action flick to most people. They’re mainstream. Why we treating superhero movies like they’re still on the fringes of pop culture. We aren’t talking about anime.

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
My answer is some dudes are too mentally weak to watch women do great things
Men still make up the majority of viewers for female superhero movies.

The Marvels - which bombed - had 61% men for the audience compared to 39% of women opening weekend.

So this isn't a men issue. It's an issue with how society as a whole doesn't seem interested in watching female superheroes as much