When Madame Web bombs at the box office will that put an end to all high budget female led superhero movies?

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Dunno how this is gonna work. I wager more people are more familiar with both Morbius and Kraven than Madame Web and we saw how the former turned out. and then the most unknown version of that obscure character...oh yeah and we're making it without Spider-man. That Aunt May prequel aint looking as bad as we thought.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I never caled for Hollywood to stop casting female leads. I said that this thread was mean spirited earlier in the thread :skip:

All I said was that blaming men for why female led movies fail is silly and inaccurate.

You're combining two different points.
Breh, you right :pachaha:

I thought I’d move the thread along and be provocative. I couldn’t imagine being upset if someone accused non religious people for the failure of religious movies but boy some of these dudes were hot (not you) :mjlol:

With that said, my final post is how I truly feel.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
women like twilight//50 shades of grey type of movies

this pandering shyt is just weird
We're dealing with the fallout of people who bought into "gender is a social construct" in college getting film degrees and writing for the industry, finding out the hard way that the shyt was never true.

Men and women are different, different things appeal to different genders. Superhero shyt is male power fantasy, one guy defeating scores of enemies out powering them. You can swap a woman with power into that formula and males will still be the primary turnout because all the fighting and powers is our shyt.

Female power fantasy is more so about social power & closer to your examples. Stories about desirability and status. Things like Twilight, Sex & The City were about a woman having high status/powerful males crashing out to gain her affection while her dilemma is simply having to choose between them. 2 males and a female love triangles are the most popular kind and one of the oldest romance movies tropes for a reason.

Another issue is that the creative arc in storytelling has gone too far/too meta. You started with the classics that began the archetype like Superman establishing male power fantasy. Then early female led action stuff like Kill Bill or Charlie's Angels was simply subverting expectations of an action flick that would usually star a man, instead starring a woman. In the 2010s tho everyone is so aware of tropes/cliches that subverting expectations becomes now the norm, hence the push for female led superhero flicks that nobody asked for. Now the new Gen has drank the Kool aid and forgot that subverting expectations is only compelling when it's the exception vs the norm, otherwise you just end up tone deaf and off base like modern Disney.

IDK what to do about it either :manny:

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
madame_web_by_diamonddead_art_dgg990t-fullview.jpg

dakota-johnson-and-sydney-sweeney-suit-up-as-superheroes-in-new-madame-web-trailer.jpg
nope it will lead to more cosplay costumes options for the ladys for the next con's

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
People get so caught up in narratives and the look of things, forgetting to make an actual good movie.

All these movies bombing are because they are not good movies. The writing for superhero movies has been horrendous for several years now.

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I also feel the costume shots are brief premonitions of which we saw most of...:skip:

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Why da fukk you get mad every time a female superhero movie is made?just dont go to see it, it’s not harder than that. You no p*ssy getting cacs are pathetic :mjlol: ranting about women :mjlol:
Because we dont want to see movies with female superheros as the lead?

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Female led movies are trash because they are written by feminists who spend way too much time trying to prove why women should be leading and taking random unprovoked shots at males in almost every scene. Nobody wants to see that bullshyt.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Why should they? Apparently the movie is targeted to a certain demographic, I doubt they expect to do avengers numbers with this. The movie is a success as long as the movie hits the financial marker they aimed for

The better question is why do all female led superhero movies do worse at the box office, especially the ones in a make believe universe where having superpowers explains why women can be the lead and heroic.

My answer is some dudes are too mentally weak to watch women do great things :yeshrug:

You incels really do hate women. :dead:
And here we have it folks
Like clockwork and reading from the same script :dead:
This is how you get circle jerk daps on this forum instead of addressing the real issue
Women are not supporting bullshyt that doesn’t speak to them
Barbie was a phenomenon because it spoke to what women feel
Even though I didn’t agree with the content
I understand why it hit with women
These superhero movies aren’t talking to women but placating
Women don’t like that shyt just like the small percentage of incels you goofy nikkas use for every gotdamn argument
Women want actually self actualized characters not Molly Sues that face no hindrance in their heroes journey
Men are also not responsible for making or breaking these movies all by themselves
Just like we aren’t responsible for the success of the WNBA
If the product is not speaking to the core audience
IE women
There is nothing in the world to make the content a hit
Women are natural followers
So if they ain’t seeing other women bugging out
Girl I got to see this
They ain’t going or supporting
I know two women that ain’t never listened to Taylor Swift but they ass went to her concert with my wife because it was an Event and didn’t want fomo
You weirdo nikkas can play and type this dumbshyt if you want
This ain’t Buffy the Vampire Skayer
This ain’t Xena
This ain’t Salt
This ain’t Kiddo B
These are just shytty written characters that happen to be women to push a narrative
Not great stories that happen to have female leads
It’s a difference numb nut faux feminist

The Realist Perspective

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can't criticize anything involving women otherwise you're gay or an incel. :mjlol:

Go ahead and label me, IDC because you don't know me. But I am so happy this Jane Joe anything you can do I can do female empowerment BS is flopping. :ahh:

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
There's been other superhero movies that have been straight up trash that people didn't preemptively go in on like this

It's very obvious why people are pushing so hard for this movie or others to fail but if you mention it, people start juelzing:unimpressed:

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
And here we have it folks
Like clockwork and reading from the same script :dead:
This is how you get circle jerk daps on this forum instead of addressing the real issue
Women are not supporting bullshyt that doesn’t speak to them
Barbie was a phenomenon because it spoke to what women feel
Even though I didn’t agree with the content
I understand why it hit with women
These superhero movies aren’t talking to women but placating
Women don’t like that shyt just like the small percentage of incels you goofy nikkas use for every gotdamn argument
Women want actually self actualized characters not Molly Sues that face no hindrance in their heroes journey
Men are also not responsible for making or breaking these movies all by themselves
Just like we aren’t responsible for the success of the WNBA
If the product is not speaking to the core audience
IE women
There is nothing in the world to make the content a hit
Women are natural followers
So if they ain’t seeing other women bugging out
Girl I got to see this
They ain’t going or supporting
I know two women that ain’t never listened to Taylor Swift but they ass went to her concert with my wife because it was an Event and didn’t want fomo
You weirdo nikkas can play and type this dumbshyt if you want
This ain’t Buffy the Vampire Skayer
This ain’t Xena
This ain’t Salt
This ain’t Kiddo B
These are just shytty written characters that happen to be women to push a narrative
Not great stories that happen to have female leads
It’s a difference numb nut faux feminist
:umad: Keep reading :mjlol:

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Why da fukk you get mad every time a female superhero movie is made?just dont go to see it, it’s not harder than that. You no p*ssy getting cacs are pathetic :mjlol: ranting about women :mjlol:
It's not that they are female superhero movies It's just that they are straight up dog shyt movies. Nobody wants to sit through 120 minute movie with female characters shytting on every male that ever existed bragging how they are better than men in almost ever scene and they just all need to die because they're worthless besides reaching the top shelf..