When Is The Superhero Bubble Gonna Burst?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
If they wasnt money grubbing b*stards, they woulda took few yeas break. All of the shyt is trash now because they didnt have FF or Xmen. So they was feeling themeslves, thinking they could push these lesser known, weaker backstorying having ass characters. Which has been a less than stellar.

If FF and Xmen are dope, they'll boucne back, but if they arent, its probably a wrap
What if the younger generation just doesn't care about the X-Men? I really think the 35 and up crowd are the only ones that have nostalgia for them. Though if done right it could rope them in but I'm skeptical at this point

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
What if the younger generation just doesn't care about the X-Men? I really think the 35 and up crowd are the only ones that have nostalgia for them. Though if done right it could rope them in but I'm skeptical at this point
That question works better with FF. they not as popular as x-men.

I be around younger nerdy kids, they know and give AF about x-men. comic books and info about them get passed down from older generations. its still lil kids dressed up like wolverine//storm cuz they nerd ass parents have indoctrinated them about x-men. and this is despite marvel spending the last 10-15 yrs trying to make x-men less visible because they didnt have the rights to the movie franchise.

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
That question works better with FF. they not as popular as x-men.

I be around younger nerdy kids, they know and give AF about x-men. comic books and info about them get passed down from older generations. its still lil kids dressed up like wolverine//storm cuz they nerd ass parents have indoctrinated them about x-men. and this is despite marvel spending the last 10-15 yrs trying to make x-men less visible because they didnt have the rights to the movie franchise.
I think only hardcore comic geeks care about FF. Those movies are all terrible and most recent one flopped during the peak of the genre.

Also we're probably 5 years out from either of them dropping

Last edited:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm pretty sure the main consumer of Marvel and DC comics are in that age range also.
Kids prefer Manga if they are dealing with comics.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
marvel tried their best but at a certain point they were not only fighting fans looking for the next big thing, they were also fighting the continuous mediocrity coming out from Warner Bros DC

When fans saw black adam followed by shazam 2 followed by the flash followed by blue beetle they said yeah we are done. and for those still hanging around, from the sounds of it, they'll be saying it after aquaman 2. comics had a good run but DC killed it unfortunately :mjcry:

edit: and we dont even need to talk about sony because its obvious they have put out nothing of quality that doesnt have marvel attached

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I agree that Disney/Marvel oversaturated the market. Live look:

BN-UU543_NYTRAS_M_20170823164617.jpg

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
The TV shows signaled the cooling down of Marvel.

It’s just too much. The mouse got too greedy for the cheese and oversaturated the market.
Oversaturation and most of the shows had nothing to do with the films. Series should've been projects that tied directly into an upcoming film.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Also when are they going to have all these new properties meet? The Marvels might be the first time and that is the main reason I am even remotely interested in it.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Also when are they going to have all these new properties meet? The Marvels might be the first time and that is the main reason I am even remotely interested in it.
Werewolf by Night, Moonknight, She Hulk, and 1m Skrulls have been on Earth for at least 7 years and NOTHING has been hinted at:why:What was the pointi n most of these shows? Even Loki season 1 actually didn't directly affect anything :jbhmm:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Werewolf by Night, Moonknight, She Hulk, and 1m Skrulls have been on Earth for at least 7 years and NOTHING has been hinted at:why:What was the pointi n most of these shows? Even Loki season 1 actually didn't directly affect anything :jbhmm:

At least with 'Werewolf By Night' I can say it was legitimately good, probably my favorite thing they've done since Endgame. But you're right, there's all kinds of threads that they've opened up and then done nothing with. I doubt there's an actual plan for all of it.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
thor, cap, guardians, black panther - i seriously doubt any of these characters were selling lots of comics to kids when the movies got greenlit.

i think some characters and stories are just easier to tell than others. FF is hard to make interesting on film. the character archetypes and themes are very dated. x-men is fairly easy to do well and lends itself to themes of social justice which is very of the moment.