When Is The Superhero Bubble Gonna Burst?

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Marvel got way too comfortable after endgame. They’d be in a much better position if they would have gone straight into Fantastic Four after endgame. That way they could have built up Doom, Galactus, the Silver Surfer, and secret wars—all fan favorite characters/stories.
Black Panther first appeared in the pages of Fantastic Four… they could have used the FF movie to bring in a T’Challa variant to keep the black excellence rolling.

Reed Richards would have been useful from a narrative perspective because he would be able to explain the multiverse and break it down in a way that makes sense to the audience. Quantumania and Eternals lowkey should have been Fantastic Four movies.

Getting back to my point, Marvel doesn’t have a linchpin character or team right now that they can build around.
Spider-man could have been him, but Sony is still clinging to the rights. Disney buckbroke Thor. Hulk is a pointdexter now. Chadwick Boseman (Black Panther) passed away. Dr. Strange is a side character in his own movies. The Avengers and Guardians both split up. They need a linchpin character/team.
The FF are linchpin characters who would have done a lot more to push the MCU forward towards major storylines that will be an actual draw for audiences.
While i agree with everything, they couldn't go straight into FF after endgame unless they wanted a few year break. They didnt get the rights until a month and a half before Endgames premiere, so they had to go through with the movies already slated…im just still surprised nothing concrete about either Xmen or FF films has been released. Figured we wouod have got a storm cameo in BP 2, or reed richards in maybe doctor strange. Only thing we got from ff/blade/x men is a voice over cameo in a post credit scene in a very mid film.

Personally after guardians 3, im pretty much out on the MCU except Spiderman (which now the rumor is his next trilogy will be separate from the MCU)

I was always a DC guy so very interested in what Gunn is cooking up for Superman and beyond……not really sure hes the guy but i guess we will see.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
While i agree with everything, they couldn't go straight into FF after endgame unless they wanted a few year break. They didnt get the rights until a month and a half before Endgames premiere, so they had to go through with the movies already slated…im just still surprised nothing concrete about either Xmen or FF films has been released. Figured we wouod have got a storm cameo in BP 2, or reed richards in maybe doctor strange. Only thing we got from ff/blade/x men is a voice over cameo in a post credit scene in a very mid film.

Personally after guardians 3, im pretty much out on the MCU except Spiderman (which now the rumor is his next trilogy will be separate from the MCU)

I was always a DC guy so very interested in what Gunn is cooking up for Superman and beyond……not really sure hes the guy but i guess we will see.
If they wasnt money grubbing b*stards, they woulda took few yeas break. All of the shyt is trash now because they didnt have FF or Xmen. So they was feeling themeslves, thinking they could push these lesser known, weaker backstorying having ass characters. Which has been a less than stellar.

If FF and Xmen are dope, they'll boucne back, but if they arent, its probably a wrap

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I think its time we ACTUALLY have this discussion.
  • Dc is ice cold, they havent recovered, and aquaman 2 will probably do 30% of its original
  • Marvels is on track to be the biggest comic bomb of the entire mcu run
  • Antman 3 underperformed and was critically panned
  • Loki 2 has a fraction of the buzz that almost any of the previous d+ shows regardless of its quality.
  • Daredevil disney redux is apparently a disaster
  • The marvel d+ shows keep getting worse…secret invasion was abhorrent.
  • Guardians 3 was successful but slightly less than 2 and was about as independant from the mcu as can be
  • Nobody gives a shyt about the sony spiderman offshoots, kraven is DOA
  • I have no idea nor is there any real buzz about blade, thunderbolts, or Captain America new world order brave new world, I doubt 2/3 of those ever come out (I literally just found out they changed the name of Captain America). All 3 have offbrand directors
  • Spiderman is about the only thing legit hot rn
Its not the industry. John wick, mario, avatar, barbie, oppenheimer, spiderverse 2, were all smashes. Im sure taylor swift will be too. People are going to theatres.

I think serving us birds of prey - thor 3 - shang chi - eternals - ww84 - moon knight - she hulk - flash - black adam - secret invasion just ruined our intereet. What is anyone even looking forward to other than spiderverse 3? Deadpool? The xmen movie that aint ever coming out at this rate?

Outside of spiderman and deadpool…this shyt might be done until x-men. Its popped.
Get good directors
And let them direct

Execs got to take their heel off their necks

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
The super hero discussion is tough to have because some of the reasons I think the latest crop has failed I do think has to do with them trying to pander and its tough to really into a discussion of that without sounding like a right-wing incel.

I think it's hard to disagree that some of the novelty has warn off. We used to get one or two a year vs every action movie being the same quippy superhero garbage.

Disney oversaturated the market.
All they had to do was make shyt good

She-Hulk was pandering and it was fukking trash

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
If they wasnt money grubbing b*stards, they woulda took few yeas break. All of the shyt is trash now because they didnt have FF or Xmen. So they was feeling themeslves, thinking they could push these lesser known, weaker backstorying having ass characters. Which has been a less than stellar.

If FF and Xmen are dope, they'll boucne back, but if they arent, its probably a wrap
Yup also announcing the two avenger films without them being properly built up…no way in hell should the next avengers movie not be built off the back of the FF. Like who is even in the avengers right now? Are they going to wait to reassemble in the next avengers film? Do they even have a leader?way too many questions right now.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
@Ed MOTHERfukkING G

If we got a slow burn Eternals in the style of David Fincher or Matt Reeves :wow:
I suppose, but at the end of the day it would just be another comic movie ending in a giant cgi monster battle. It looked good, but outside of that nothing was memorable to me and the characters and story just didn't hit to me.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Let it burst for all I care. CBMs had a tour deforce run from 2002 to 2019 (and maybe a little bit afterwards) and there isn't nothing to be ashamed of if it starts to fizzle out now. It lasted longer than most genre movies of earlier times like westerns and war films. The only film that I'm looking forward to in the future is Deadpool 3, and that film is starting to sound like it could be a cameo fest. I really hope not. Brehs around here are really hyped for possible appearances by Jennifer Garner's Elektra and the 2005/07 Fantastic Four. :what:

Last edited: