When did the myth that andre 3000 is better than big boi start

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
You're wrong. You can't use so called "hip hop" heads as a barometer for all NYC. Those same ppl think it was written was trash & some corny lyricist lounge Mc is dope.

We're they everyone's cup of tea? Nah...but I've been in south during Redmans 1st two albums & saw nikkas get laughed for having his album in the car. Does this mean that the whole southern region thought he was trash or didn't fukk with him? Because he didn't get any radio play there (Outkast got more in NYC) & neither did Black Moon or MOP. And Enta Da Stage isn't on par with Southernplayalistic?! Yeah aight...
They don't wanna hear this part tho. Lol. This is the sentiment I been making for years when nikkas try to claim that NY bias bs.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
I moved to ATL around 2000. I don't remember "Andre 3000 is Top 5, way better than Big Boi" comments til this dropped......everybody went crazy over this verse for some reason...the young kids got into Andre too so that helped his popularity

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly. nikkas gon sit here and act like "I Like The Way You Move" and "Ghetto Musik" n shyt ain't better than "Hey Ya" and "Roses"? nikkas gonna act like Big Boi ain't have singles like Kryptonite while Dre was on some other shyt? Lol. Listen to those songs. They sound like actual Outkast songs. And nikkas tryna act like Andre was end all be all for the group.

I like "Ghetto Musick" and "The Way You Move" more so than "Hey Ya" (worst Kast song ever) and "Roses", but it's not really a comparison. Both discs had their gems. "Prototype" was 3 Stacks best single from that album. If we're comparing MC's here, their songs on Idlewild make for a far more interesting comparison. "Kryptonite" doesn't really sound like an OutKast. It's a really great song, but it sounds more like a crunk song than an OutKast record.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm :mjlol:that people seriously think Eminem swayed people's opinions on Andre. The type of people that would let Em control their opinions on rap music do not give a fukk about top 5 lists, or engaging in these kinds of discussions, at all.

Fred.

This.

What's funnier is that people act like Andre 3000 was the only MC he listed. Why would people only rush to put Andre 3000 in a Top 10 list and ignore Redman, Kurupt, and Jadakiss especially when they actually have solo material?

TheRtist

Superstar
Daps
I moved to ATL around 2000. I don't remember "Andre 3000 is Top 5, way better than Big Boi" comments til this dropped......everybody went crazy over this verse for some reason...the young kids got into Andre too so that helped his popularity

that and these:

anytime an artist goes on a feature streak thats more than enough heat needed to take over music

Wayne, Drake, 2Chainz & Andre 3k all did it.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As for Andre 3000 dropping a solo, for what? It would simply be him dropping a solo for the sake of dropping one just to prove he could do it. Overall, it wouldn't do anything for him and most importantly Hip Hop if it was just simply good and wasn't classic. If you've ever listened to his verses, you'd know he really doesn't care about things like that.

Big Boi drops solo albums because he felt he had something to prove outside of OutKast. He did an interview where he was like people know him more for his role in "Who's Your Caddy" than him being in OutKast. It's a rather outlandish statement (I think XXL even put it in the "nikka Please" section), but it's his words.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This.

What's funnier is that people act like Andre 3000 was the only MC he listed. Why would people only rush to put Andre 3000 in a Top 10 list and ignore Redman, Kurupt, and Jadakiss especially when they actually have solo material?

Exactly. Kinda confused how it raised the profile of one person and didn't do jack shyt for anyone else on the list.

The only thing that raised Andre's profiles among young people, black and white, is all them random ass verses he dropped in the '00's. And none of those people are engaging in all-time or top 5 discussions. Most don't even know how many albums Outkast has.

Fred.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
dudes don't like 3 stacks because his lyrics are too complex and deep.

big boi is more street and basic.

no thinking person would argue that andre doesn't kill big boi lyrically pretty much every track:

we'll just take aquemini lyrics for example:

[Verse 3: Big Boi]
The name is Big Boi, Daddy Fat Saxxx
The nikka that like them Cadillacs

I stay down with these streets
Cause these streets is where my folks at
Better know that, some say we pro-black, boy we professional
We missed a lot of church so the music is our confessional

Get off the testicles and the nut sacks
You bust a rhyme we bust back

Get get back for real nikkas that's out here tryin' to spit facts
You hear dat can't come near dat maybe you need to quit
Because Aquemini is Aquarius and Gemini runnin' shyt like this
Yea yea yea yea

[Verse 4: Andre 3000]
My mind warps and bends, floats the wind, count to ten
Meet the twin Andre Ben, welcome to the lion's den
Original skin many men comprehend
I extend myself so you go out and tell a friend
Sin all depends on what you believing in
Faith is what you make it, that's the hardest shyt since MC Ren

Alien can blend right on in with your kin
Look again, cause I swear I spot one every now and then
It's happening again, wish I could tell you when

Andre, this is Andre, y'all are just gon' have to make amends

Omar-Epps.jpg

DreadBrown

Feed the children
Daps
I was just listenin to mamacita

No diss to big but I dont think he has a verse hard as that one alone

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
That damn Walk It Out Remix verse in 06 :francis:
And I hate how people shyt on Big Boi also..I always thought the yin & yang was perfect for the group..At least Big Boi has put out some solo shyt..Dre is basically Jay Elect solo wise

Piff Huxtable

Delaney 2020,2024,2028...
Daps
Dre fell the fukk off after Aquemini

why he changed his voice in 99/2000? :scusthov:

Last edited: