When did the myth that andre 3000 is better than big boi start

Daps
Big boi is super talented, but please stop with this revisionist bullshyt. The only people saying this are young bucks or cats who got into them after speakerboxxx.

It was known DURING the times their first 3 albums dropped (which are their undisputed classics) that Andre was the best. Universally accepted.

It became a cool thing to say the opposite especially when Dre went way left field with love below.

Big boi is the most sought after feature of the 2? Hahahahahaha

shyt when UGK did Int'l players anthem it was with 3 6...Andre fukked around and did a verse to it, and added the whole concept of a dude questioning himself on his wedding day. As soon as UGK heard it, they immediately scrapped 3 6 verses. Then Big Boi caught wind of it, and submitted a verse.

Big boi was chomping at the bit to be on a track with 3 stacks.

3 stacks killed so many remixes in the mid 00's it was crazy. He was being nice and throwing classic verses to snap and ringtone rappers.

Love big boi and he was the perfect counter to Dre, but he's not better than him, that's all revisionist bullshyt.

Dude said myth. Gtfoh

Daps
When the dungeon family album dropped, I remember Rico Wade talking about how the songs came about. He specifically said they weren't gonna just put Andre and Cee lo on as many tracks as possible...i.e. The 2 baddest dudes in the clique. He didn't say that about big boi or big gipp. You don't think Rico wade knew Andre was the best one?

Also, ask yourself this: if you say Andre was never in Outkast what happens? If big boi was never in Outkast, what happens?

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
People been saying that since ATLiens. Dre dominated that album but became even more of a character after that so people didn't even realize how much Big Boi improved on Aquemini. I think Big Boi was better on Stankonia but Dre's verse on Ms. Jackson is one of the GOATS. Idk where all this top 10 all time shyt comes from tho

Last edited:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
People really didn't start giving Big Boi props until Stankonia. Ever since then Big Boi has consistently been the better rapper, I mean for as dope as Andre is, it's quite telling 3 Stacks has yet to drop a solo album. Big Boi has dropped multiple mixtapes and 2 very good solo albums.

Gusto

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sir Lucious Left Foot is the GOAT Southern solo album. When I compare it to TI, Scarface, etc albums, everything about it is better. That is a huge achievement. I was willing to entertain Andre vs Big Boi arguments until 2010, but it's just not close anymore. When you compare their work product at this point, it's laughable to put Andre higher.

Andre is only a LITTLE BIT more "creative" and "different" than Big Boi. That difference gets blown waaaaaay out of proportion in order to further people's agendas. Big Boi is creative and different as fukk.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Nah, I'm not buying it. I never hear this shyt until I come to the Booth, and it's always after the fact (Outkast split, Pimp's death, etc)

Next yall gon tell me Havoc was always better than Prodigy :whiteparadise:
I love Mobb Deep and RIP P but I personally like Havoc more. I don’t even want a Havoc solo album. Q Tip lowkey washed them on Drink The Pain Away

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
I'm tellin you...this shyt NEVER happened. Best case scenario, you had dudes who liked both of em but Big Boi over Andre? Never happened while they were together. I don't care how much these dudes type and how many daps they get.

Don't be surprised if later in the year, we see the following topics:

"Since when was Pharoahe Monch better than Prince Po?" :notithes:

"Lowkey, El Da Sensei was always better than Tame One" :mjpls:

"You know, Ol Dirty never got his props for being the best in the Clan" :mjcry:

shyt is despicable
Who tf is prince po, el da sensei and tame one. I swear some underground rappers got wack stage names. Myka 9 and Royce Da 5’9” sound like coli users

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Your corny emojis don't change the facts. That just isn't even remotely true. You clearly didn't live through their 1993-1998 run because no he wasn't considered better at all. Nobody was really considered better than the other. They were pretty much equals but real nikkas like Big Boi more because he wasn't a weirdo. Only after years of Internet brainwashing was Andre considered this GOAT contender while Big Boi somehow became the talented after thought. Saying Andre is better is a very logical and fair assessment, I'm not mad at that. Saying that he was always looked at as superior is just flat out incorrect and bs.

All this began because outkast somewhere around the end of the first album originally.
socially at some point never got along and was just a group. Then their social connection and divisiveness towards each other became visual and spiraled out of control. The more success they had and both were allegedly toxically socially to one another. Tbat tjey both had two different entourages as splintered as well from the interview i read back then.

This public division began in the print run for atliens. During the twelve inch to elevators run in an issue of rap pages too.
If i remember the publication right.

Art Barr

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
Please study and concisely know all of hiphop history.
It will make you aware and prescient.
Plus it will save your life.

Art Barr
I have but idk them besides Royce. I recently heard of myka cause he beefing with talib currently.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I have but idk them besides Royce. I recently heard of myka cause he beefing with talib currently.

If you like gangsta rap.
Especially double time.
Myka nine is the rapper every gangsta bites exclusively. Tha freestyle fellowship is who every double time group wants to be.
Start there.

Art Barr

If you want a starting point.
Download six tre by freestyle fellowship

If you want another song like six tre.
Try abstract trube unique : slow lights

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
If you like gangsta rap.
Especially double time.
Myka nine is the rapper every gangsta bites exclusively. Tha freestyle fellowship is who every double time group wants to be.
Start there.

Art Barr

If you want a starting point.
Download six tre by freestyle fellowship

If you want another song like six tre.
Try abstract trube unique : slow lights
Give me a song

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
from memory outside of nas n jay

Nas-Life's A B---h,It Ain't Hard To Tell,Verbal Intercourse,I Gave You
Power,Nas Is Like,Stillmatic freestyle,What Goes Around,One Mic,Black

jay -
Cashmere Thoughts,Money Ain't A Thang,Mind Right remix,The
Takeover, Izzo,Alone In This World remix,Moment Of Clarity,Go Crazy, I Know, Minority Report,Watch What You Say To Me, Lost remix,D.O.A., Venus Vs. Mars, Thank You

stacks is 3rd in hiphop quotables in the source

Babylon..Elevators,Aquemini,International Players Anthem,Royal Flush

would have been 7 but cee-lo took it with git up n get out ..

i think big only has 1 source entry n that was reset...

aquemini is when dre became better...

big came into his own on mainstream...n hit every verse afterwards...

now if cee-lo was in the group as originally planned...it would be a toss up...

239992456_4048925688551775_8275022538629384394_n.jpg

120339682_3460143854046273_3969887672547209699_n.jpg