When did the myth that andre 3000 is better than big boi start

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And again, I remember people doing the same with Eightball in the 90's. He was the favorite of Eightball & MJG. People swore he was the better of the two. There was even Eightball vs. Andre 3000 arguments back then. Even Eightball vs. Andre 3000 vs. Bun B arguments.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And last, but not least, when Kast dropped Aquemini, it was clear that people was showing more preference toward Andre. I mean, I remember people quoting Andre's last verse on "Aquemini". There was the whole Sasha Thumper story and specifically the "she said alive" bit on 'Da Art of Storytellin' Pt. 1". Andre's play on peace/piece off "Return of the G". Even before Aquemini, people loved the "Thought Process" verse.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Few people have actually done this though. If people say Andre 3000 is Top 10 or GOAT, it isn't a slight to Big Boi. It's just them preferring Andre 3000. Few people look at Big Boi as disposable. It's just that when people listen to Kast albums, Andre has verses that stand out more. That isn't even saying Big Boi dropped a wack verse, it's because Big Boi dropped a crazy verse and the Andre verse still stood out is where people look at Andre differently. Big Boi was killing it on "ATLiens" and then you hear Andre's last verse with the way he was flowing and what he was saying and it was crazier. There's songs like "In Due Time" and it's the same way. For me, it was "Everlasting" and that's like one of their more obscure songs. My older brother and I were listening to "Neck Uv Da Woods" when it first dropped and he was saying "Andre killed that song". I didn't really get it then because we went back and forth about it, but when I really listened to the lyrics, it was like OK, I see why he felt that way.
And with all of this. It wasn't this huge divide like it is now. U had people who liked Andre more. And u had people who liked Big Boi more. Then u had people who liked both equally. It wasn't this Andre is king. Big Boi is just "there" type shyt until way later.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And with all of this. It wasn't this huge divide like it is now. U had people who liked Andre more. And u had people who liked Big Boi more. Then u had people who liked both equally. It wasn't this Andre is king. Big Boi is just "there" type shyt until way later.

But this whole "Big Boi is just there" isn't some widely held opinion. People pretty much have the opinion that Andre 3000 is Top 10 and don't really speak on Big Boi. Big Boi is more It's rare that somebody actually says that Andre 3000 carried Kast or that Big Boi was just there.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
But this whole "Big Boi is just there" isn't some widely held opinion. People pretty much have the opinion that Andre 3000 is Top 10 and don't really speak on Big Boi. Big Boi is more It's rare that somebody actually says that Andre 3000 carried Kast or that Big Boi was just there.
No it's not. nikkas even started lying on Big Boi name saying Andre wrote both him and Big Boi shyt for the first album to the point Big Boi HIMSELF got tight and addressed that. Look at the top 50 emcee lists that dropped. U had nikkas having Andre in top 10 while Big Boi was in the 30s and 40s n shyt. That shyt is just asinine

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No it's not. nikkas even started lying on Big Boi name saying Andre wrote both him and Big Boi shyt for the first album to the point Big Boi HIMSELF got tight and addressed that. Look at the top 50 emcee lists that dropped. U had nikkas having Andre in top 10 while Big Boi was in the 30s and 40s n shyt. That shyt is just asinine

That was Cee Lo Green saying Andre wrote Big Boi's rhymes on SPCM. That's why Big Boi addressed it because that wasn't some fans or just random people saying it. It was someone in their inner circle saying it.

I don't agree that there's a wide enough gap between Andre and Big Boi where one is Top 10 and the other is barely Top 20 or Top 40. I think that speaks more to how people actually sleep on Big Boi vs them saying he was being carried by Andre.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
FOH, fukk you and those magazines:laff:

nikkas gave Benizo and Lil Kim 5 Mics..........

Write some reviews and tslk yo shyt if they are culturally real tho.
If not.
You just a rego mid guy from harlem who likes rap.

Art Barr

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
That was Cee Lo Green saying Andre wrote Big Boi's rhymes on SPCM. That's why Big Boi addressed it because that wasn't some fans or just random people saying it. It was someone in their inner circle saying it.
Big boi literally addressed a fan with that. The cee-lo thing is a myth.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Bottom line is nikkas loved Big Boi. EVEN in the south until it was cool to shyt on him to prop up Andre. shyt Andre himself dont even agree wit that shyt cause he witnessed it real time himself. When them nikkas was a group. nikkas wasn't acting like Big Boi was this disposable emcee and Andre was the king of the group. That just wasnt the sentiment.

Y'all nikkaz is trying to revision history so it makes it look like bog boi never was forced to ramp.

Stop it.
Andre and big boi had to ramp because they were a pimp group parroting souls of mischief.
Then had to change when souls sold't out. That outkast ain't even bite them no more by the second album. That is how dre got more props before big boi.

This shyt was all in rap.pages about division in the group.
To their rhyme style, skills and actual pr on division in the group to the entourage.

Andre started looking for knowledge of self and got sent off in the process studying androgynous pagan shyt. Calling it art.
While nikkaz gave big boi props for possibly using ghost and keeping the group in the pocket of making tom joyner pr published music. While andre bit shuggy otis like no one had a record collection.

The question is.

Who wrote this come up and ramp up in skill.

I know for myself ceelo was more talented than them all put together form goodie kob and kast. So the real question is who wrote and how did they improve?
Being noncultural and biters originally.
Where did this uptick in skill come from in rnb hub atlanta.
When i ain't seen not an ounce of real bboy shyt here in the south.

That is the question?

How two souls of mischief biters up skill with a garbage record and social issue pr'd on the reg.
That is the question?

This whole thread had been nikkaz deflecting
Who either were not there cognitively in real time in the culture or have shyt recall.
Keep it real.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
This is the whole point we been tryna make. Not who is the better rapper. But nikkas actin like he ain't shyt is my prob. nikkas actin like he was a sidekick is my prob.

The love for big boi occurred in a multi-headed hydra
First because he ushered in jerseys.
Which was during the pr division of the group.
Now coming back in pr solidly.
before going diamond.
nto that weird non appearance to draw nether verse.
all pop diamond groups go to.
The next being.
Originally after the success in sales.
Leading to a cultural snub of the group for their content
In pr, and the focus of the group.
Outkast was a diamond mine company's what if souls of mischief was not a culture based group and viewed as a west coast rap group.
As outkast originally was just a pimp based west coast content viewed group and not viewed culturally in hiphop culture as emcees like that.
Which early on the second album.

dre leaned to gaining what appeared knowledge of self.
The next was since dre ramped from this appearance to gain knowledge of self. Maybe from badu originally and being a father out of wedlock. Who knows all we know in pr publically is dre ramped in pr culturally and in actual skills.
The third hydra is in the change in sonic landscape and whether whom also was capable.
from their original skillset ramped and able to still be potent.
in every facet skillwise on the mic. Of which dre did numerous times over.
like busta would say numerous numerals of sonic landscape and bpm changes. Plus during the technical revolution dre ushered in by nas.
Dre was whom helped create the division of the south.
from the westcoast solidly from a group as a southern culture viewed and swayed emcee.
giving the south independence from the west coast.
In the perception pillar based cultural permeation to the south was not thought of back then ill where we are now.
Where the south is even recognized as a culture permewted based region in that regard.

During those numerous and numeral time lines.
That span rap industry sales, communication act and also sonic changes.
Coupled with the full mainstream acceptance of the grammy committee.
granting outkast its seal of approval in legacy. Is how in That weird disappearance of draw pr turn. All diamond pop groups grow too.
till where we are now. Plus where we are now.
Also arose from outkast being the hiphop infinity.com darling oxymoron group to go to for racist white fans. To go to as the token mystical negro. When white people used the final nail in the black people diacovery zone coffin in the late nineties and early two thousands. To where we are in this point of applied evil knowledge return we currently are in.

In that huge hiphop pillar based battle against cultural theft multi headed hydra.
Is how big boi became a lone credible quality draw.

The multi-headed hydra question in that.
Is where did this up tick come from?

Originally content changes in the mainstream.
Play a large part of this misapproriation based discovery zone.
was also adhered to that and big boi originally never did.
Which gives dre cultural sway as an emcee over big boi to dre.
Yet mainstream and now mainstream balck media is less secular.
Of which big boi is the gateway radio artist of that entire segueway to that.
Simply because dre did ramp. After culturally in the industry and culturally.
nas ushered in the technical revolution in skill base emcee wise as a standard.
From where like mad skillz album title is the question in the rnb hub atl.
Did big boi much much later ramp?

Plus why did he have a lapse in timeline and full sonic, political, cultural changes.
was big boi lapsed and lapped by dre originally .
In all this before dre became a lost androgynous pagan.
Plus big boi became the rego normal member out the group to go.
Plus in that big boi is whom permeates black airwaves in every normal rego black household.
from being a tom joyner declaration of rap independence communication act group. In i like the way you move being pretty much the old age black new hip go to.
Similar to how bruno mars.
became and now thebfusion gorup of a aftermath pop culturally accepted artist now domiantes the new gen pop lanes.
from the kast's pop permeation in both lanes of pop.
outside of black radio with both dre and big boi.

That is how now.
Big boi is considered better than dre in black nonhiphop based households.
Plus Big boi now has culture based hiphop sway because of big boi has been the actual pillar of longevity in the group. Plus would be looked at as a master double time southern bounce vocalist at this point. Which via gangsta rap meets ruthless records runs the world standards.
overrides everything else about dre in a pop sense.
at this point in a ruthless records runs the world sense as well.
Since dre got all androgynous pagan and shyt.
Like a black freddie mercury meets a 2000 cosplay shuggie otis
Whereas big boi via longevity.
has no real nikkaz neg marks on his score card at all.
Is how all together big boi is now viewed over dre in most pop circles black or white.

Only in fake purist circles is dre brought up as this thing.
I ain't never heard no skilled actualized emcee ever mention dude ever like that ever.

On fake rap head fans talk about dre like that.

Which is some ol first gen hiphopinfinity.com talking points.
from the rupert murdock covertly takes over rap with fox era.
That mostly fooled everyone and they are still sent off to this day.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know what my nikka, I get easily irked when I hear nikkas say shyt like this. If for nothing else nikkas fukked with Kast, Scarface and the Ghetto boyz. Heavy... shyt, I remember Their shyt was coming on The Box non stop on TV. NYers fukked with southern rappers. Always have. Were they bias to their own. Hell yeah, so is everyone else. Who the fukk isnt... Acting like nikkas wasnt bumpin Mr. Icecream man and shyt. fukk outta here.

And yes its Always been Big Boi over dre. nikka have these long ass Verses every three years and here you Bozos go getting yall p*ssy wet. fukk outta here:mjlol::mjlol:

The bolded is true but you're acting like Andre didn't have great verses on Kast albums. I liked both evenly but Dre seemed to have another gear lyrically.

GeeEffKay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
theyre both great which is why its ridiculous how overlooked and criminally underrated big boi is/has been

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin

I don't agree that there's a wide enough gap between Andre and Big Boi where one is Top 10 and the other is barely Top 20 or Top 40. I think that speaks more to how people actually sleep on Big Boi vs them saying he was being carried by Andre.
I know Cee Lo started that bullshyt but fans started running with it acting like the first album was Andre’s solo album n shyt. I’m glad Big Boi called Cee Lo out on that shyt.