When did the myth that andre 3000 is better than big boi start

delnegro

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol the average NYC head would've told you Buckshot was was better than Andre 3000 and M.O.P. was better than Outkast in 94.

Obviously 90's NYC barbershop talk is not the proper metric when discussing Outkast.
So...And? That's not an outlandish statement if you compare their work up to 1994. You got heads in 2016 putting 3000 in the top 5 w/ Jay & Nas when he has no solo material on par with theirs. If that's the case then Prodigy should be on the list. Based on Infamous, HOH, Murda Muzik & HNIC.

Playa With Tha Passport

Mr International
Daps
Reppin
University City
3k a great rapper

I never felt him tho

Dude is a weirdo
And came off on some suspect shyt also

Never heard dudes in the hood mention him in their top 10 or 5 before i got to the net

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
So...And? That's not an outlandish statement if you compare their work up to 1994. You got heads in 2016 putting 3000 in the top 5 w/ Jay & Nas when he has no solo material on par with theirs. If that's the case then Prodigy should be on the list. Based on Infamous, HOH, Murda Muzik & HNIC.
It's a wrong statement. Buckshot was never better than Andre and M.O.P. was never better than Outkast.

Forget those comparisons though. Most NYC hip-hop heads were dismissive of Outkast in general and a lot of them considered Outkast country and straight up wack back then and you know it. I know NY cats that were talking about how they can't fukk with Outkast because of how "country" they were post-Aquemini.

That's why using the sentiment amongst NYC "heads" from the 90's as a metric for gauging Outkast is fallacious. They were wrong and missed the boat on Outkast's greatness.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
It's a wrong statement. Buckshot was never better than Andre and M.O.P. was never better than Outkast.

Forget those comparisons though. Most NYC hip-hop heads were dismissive of Outkast in general and a lot of them considered Outkast country and straight up wack back then and you know it. I know NY cats that were talking about how they can't fukk with Outkast because of how "country" they were post-Aquemini.

That's why using the sentiment amongst NYC "heads" from the 90's as a metric for gauging Outkast is fallacious. They were wrong and missed the boat on Outkast's greatness.

I know plenty of NY cats who proudly claimed they had never listened to an Outkast album.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
New Yorker. Southerplayalistic was right there getting spins with Jeru, Nas & The Shyhiem album.

Remember the Diamond D remix of the title track? I do.

Truth & I had that single on cassette back in the day

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
Me too. I'm from VA...757. A lot of NYC transplants back then. My boy from Brooklyn used to say Outkast was wack back around 95, but he stayed bumping The Lost Boys and garbage ass Group Home on his walkman. :dead:

I'm from the 757 too. Badnewz. According to Billy Ocean, you're supposed to be laughing at my posts. :skip:

delnegro

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You're wrong. You can't use so called "hip hop" heads as a barometer for all NYC. Those same ppl think it was written was trash & some corny lyricist lounge Mc is dope.

We're they everyone's cup of tea? Nah...but I've been in south during Redmans 1st two albums & saw nikkas get laughed for having his album in the car. Does this mean that the whole southern region thought he was trash or didn't fukk with him? Because he didn't get any radio play there (Outkast got more in NYC) & neither did Black Moon or MOP. And Enta Da Stage isn't on par with Southernplayalistic?! Yeah aight...