When did the myth that andre 3000 is better than big boi start

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Son. People fukked wit Playas Ball and especially Git Up Git Out. I just used Elevators as an example. But check. It wasn't until that album where Andre started really coming into his own in the group. So even if that was the case. I guess we was right on time. Cause NOONE is gonna tell me Andre was this unanimously better emcee on Southernplayalistic. shyt. Cee Lo had one of the best verses on that album at the time.
You know what my nikka, I get easily irked when I hear nikkas say shyt like this. If for nothing else nikkas fukked with Kast, Scarface and the Ghetto boyz. Heavy... shyt, I remember Their shyt was coming on The Box non stop on TV. NYers fukked with southern rappers. Always have. Were they bias to their own. Hell yeah, so is everyone else. Who the fukk isnt... Acting like nikkas wasnt bumpin Mr. Icecream man and shyt. fukk outta here.

And yes its Always been Big Boi over dre. nikka have these long ass Verses every three years and here you Bozos go getting yall p*ssy wet. fukk outta here:mjlol::mjlol:

Last edited:

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Son, thank you. Basically everyone in NY (or anywhere) have family down south. I spent every summer of my youth down south. These nikkas act like because we're from NY that we never left our stoop.
Funny thing is way more NYs spent the summer in the south then the opposite. shyt even I spent summers and south and north carolina.

I have to realize this is a Internet thing. nikkas shouldnt be taking serious.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And yes its Always been Big Boi over dre.

And this is the re-write. Because Andre 3000 was getting sampled in the 90's. Multiple posts in here where there's Source quotables. And again, he was in Blaze's Top 50 MC's. "bu, bu, that was magazines". True, they were magazines, but those opinions weren't just some random opinions. This was people who actually were a part of the culture.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
And this is the re-write. Because Andre 3000 was getting sampled in the 90's. Multiple posts in here where there's Source quotables. And again, he was in Blaze's Top 50 MC's. "bu, bu, that was magazines". True, they were magazines, but those opinions weren't just some random opinions. This was people who actually were a part of the culture.
FOH, fukk you and those magazines:laff:

nikkas gave Benizo and Lil Kim 5 Mics..........

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Ever since he stopped rapping. I've said for the longest Big Boi was better than 3000 because he has a body of work. Andre doesn't want to put a solo album out for whatever reason. Because of that alone, he can't be perceived as better.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I moved to ATL around 2000. I don't remember "Andre 3000 is Top 5, way better than Big Boi" comments til this dropped......everybody went crazy over this verse for some reason...the young kids got into Andre too so that helped his popularity

:mjlol:

This is the verse people always bring up too.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ever since he stopped rapping. I've said for the longest Big Boi was better than 3000 because he has a body of work. Andre doesn't want to put a solo album out for whatever reason. Because of that alone, he can't be perceived as better.

What I'm not getting is why should it matter? They were a part of a duo. Of course, on some of these songs, one had the better verse, but if you removed either one of them from a song, they would be missed. Andre 3000 doesn't have to put out a solo album. Ya'll pull this aburd BS about Big Boi and yet refuse to discuss the solo albums that he's released. Again, we have pages on pages discussing ONE Andre 3000 verse and that thread is bigger than the threads combined on the new full songs that Big Boi has been releasing these past few years. That ain't the media, that ain't cacs, that's THE BOOTH.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
What I'm not getting is why should it matter? They were a part of a duo. Of course, on some of these songs, one had the better verse, but if you removed either one of them from a song, they would be missed. Andre 3000 doesn't have to put out a solo album. Ya'll pull this aburd BS about Big Boi and yet refuse to discuss the solo albums that he's released. Again, we have pages on pages discussing ONE Andre 3000 verse and that thread is bigger than the threads combined on the new full songs that Big Boi has been releasing these past few years. That ain't the media, that ain't cacs, that's THE BOOTH.

And the Booth is often wrong. People have their personal opinions. Are you fukking him? Why does it matter enough that you typed an essay? Andre isn't a top 10 rapper and he's not the better of the two.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And the Booth is often wrong. People have their personal opinions. Are you fukking him? Why does it matter enough that you typed an essay? Andre isn't a top 10 rapper and he's not the better of the two.

And I pose the sme question to you on Big Boi. If people have their opinions, why are you bothered that people have Andre in their Top 10 and stating your opinion as fact? And that isn't just the opinion of The Booth. Their peers have Andre in their Top 10's as well. That whole Twitter post "giving Big Boi his flowers" was only made because everyone was talking about Andre's verse on "Life Of The Party".

My whole point is, when people do this "Big Boi is better dance' it comes off as fake because ya'll only do this because you feel Andre is overrated. Otherwise, ya'll don't even talk about Big Boi's music. In the thread about Big Boi, I was the ONLY one who posted Big Boi's music.

• Dap
Reactions: 19-

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Funny thing is way more NYs spent the summer in the south then the opposite. shyt even I spent summers and south and north carolina.

I have to realize this is a Internet thing. nikkas shouldnt be taking serious.
Bruh I was down south damn near every summer in the 90s all the way up until the mid 00s. Then I started spreading it out. nikkas really have no idea what it was like here but always speak on it. nikkas getting they information from magazines and industry rappers n shyt. The streets was a different story.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Bottom line is nikkas loved Big Boi. EVEN in the south until it was cool to shyt on him to prop up Andre. shyt Andre himself dont even agree wit that shyt cause he witnessed it real time himself. When them nikkas was a group. nikkas wasn't acting like Big Boi was this disposable emcee and Andre was the king of the group. That just wasnt the sentiment.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
to shyt on him to prop up Andre.

nikkas wasn't acting like Big Boi was this disposable emcee and Andre was the king of the group. That just wasnt the sentiment.

Few people have actually done this though. If people say Andre 3000 is Top 10 or GOAT, it isn't a slight to Big Boi. It's just them preferring Andre 3000. Few people look at Big Boi as disposable. It's just that when people listen to Kast albums, Andre has verses that stand out more. That isn't even saying Big Boi dropped a wack verse, it's because Big Boi dropped a crazy verse and the Andre verse still stood out is where people look at Andre differently. Big Boi was killing it on "ATLiens" and then you hear Andre's last verse with the way he was flowing and what he was saying and it was crazier. There's songs like "In Due Time" and it's the same way. For me, it was "Everlasting" and that's like one of their more obscure songs. My older brother and I were listening to "Neck Uv Da Woods" when it first dropped and he was saying "Andre killed that song". I didn't really get it then because we went back and forth about it, but when I really listened to the lyrics, it was like OK, I see why he felt that way.