When did the myth that andre 3000 is better than big boi start

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Big Boi solo album is better than the last Outkast album (that idle wild bs) and Speakerboxx is better than The Love Below. Lie and say it ain't.

Exactly. nikkas gon sit here and act like "I Like The Way You Move" and "Ghetto Musik" n shyt ain't better than "Hey Ya" and "Roses"? nikkas gonna act like Big Boi ain't have singles like Kryptonite while Dre was on some other shyt? Lol. Listen to those songs. They sound like actual Outkast songs. And nikkas tryna act like Andre was end all be all for the group.

Notice how their examples are after the split :mjlol:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Notice how their examples are after the split :mjlol:
:what: we talkin bout solo music. Andre barely has features in the 90s. Has less than a handful of solo hip hop songs in his whole career. For all we know Andre could shine in a group setting rap wise but not be able to hold down a solo project. We will never know. Cee Lo >>>

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
Is there even one classic/memorable verse on any of the solo Big Boi albums? I recall the narrative being "yeah this would be so much better if Dre was on it" and people up in arms that all songs Dre got axed. Now he's in a hipster group with CACs clinging to relevancy.

And Cee Lo's solo work has been terrible. Gnarls Barkley was dope but those actual Cee Lo album SUCKED. He even had a trash Preemo beat on one.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Is there even one classic/memorable verse on any of the solo Big Boi albums? I recall the narrative being "yeah this would be so much better if Dre was on it" and people up in arms that all songs Dre got axed. Now he's in a hipster group with CACs clinging to relevancy.

And Cee Lo's solo work has been terrible. Gnarls Barkley was dope but those actual Cee Lo album SUCKED. He even had a trash Preemo beat on one.
Atleast Cee Lo dropped solo hip hop albums. If he stayed within the confines of a group would u know how good his solo hip hop albums would be? All u would know is he dropped crazy dope verses and features. U would think with his skill as a rapper and a singer he would drop a classic solo right? Hes a better rapper than Big Boi. Shouldnt his solo's be better? Ok then. THIS is what I'm sayin about 3K. He NEVER put himself out there like that. And dont talk to me about Love Below. Cause if that's the case. Gnarls Barkley >>>>>> The Love Below. And i think Cee Lo's projects was pretty dope. And the reason nikkas was sayin that about Big Boi albums is cause nikkas ain't heard them 2 together like that in years. So nikkas wanted more Outkast. And between the 2. Big Boi makes the OUTKAST sounding music.

Last edited:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal

:rudy:man cee Lo got one of the best discographies in music:camby:.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
Atleast he dropped solo hip hop albums. If he stayed within the confines of a group would u know how good his solo hip hop albums would be? All u would know is he dropped crazy dope verses and features. U would think with his skill as a rapper and a singer he would drop a classic solo right? Ok then. THIS is what I'm sayin about 3K. He NEVER put himself out there like that. And to talk to me about Love Below. Cause if that's the case. Gnarls Barkley >>>>>> The Love Below.

Solo albums aren't the be all end all when assessing ones contributions and significance to music. You do know Love Below is a solo album though, right? You'll also admit that THAT disc was the star of the show right? No Love Below, no Grammy.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
N!gga, please. Where you from? Hyderabad. Pass me with that bullsh!t. Ol' NY is oblivious to everything outside of the 5 boroughs ass n!ggas. If anything it's the other way around.
Lol the average NYC head would've told you Buckshot was was better than Andre 3000 and M.O.P. was better than Outkast in 94.

Obviously 90's NYC barbershop talk is not the proper metric when discussing Outkast.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
full
What kinda gay shyt...

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Solo albums aren't the be all end all when assessing ones contributions and significance to music. You do know Love Below is a solo album though, right? You'll also admit that THAT disc was the star of the show right? No Love Below, no Grammy.

Who said that Love Below was the "star of the show"? Speakerboxxx was better. And fvck a Grammy.

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Lol the average NYC head would've told you Buckshot was was better than Andre 3000 and M.O.P. was better than Outkast in 94.

Obviously 90's NYC barbershop talk is not the proper metric when discussing Outkast.

Yea, you know because you was in NYC barbershops right? Gtfoh.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
U already proved my point. Cee Lo in a group setting as a rapper was undeniable. Yet u don't like his solo rap projects. That is the clear issue with Andre 3K. Andre doesn't have more than a handful of solo hip hop SONGS. Let alone an album. How do we know how it would turn out? Say he dropped a solo hip hop album and it turned out to be underwhelming as fukk. Would u think of him the same? Would u look at him like u look at Cee Lo? And like I said. Gnarls Barkley >>>>> The Love Below. The Love Below ain't the star of the show to me regardless of how many white people liked it. My fav song on there is Prototype. And that shyt didn't even get the love from the white people like that. If "I Like The Way You Move" and "Ghetto Musik" was flat out Outkast songs they wouldn't gotten grammys too cause of white people's affinity for Andre 3K. Them shyt's sounded like classic Outkast songs.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone

In 1994 I would have said Buckshot > Outkast. But Buck fell the fukk off after the Buck Em Down & I Got Cha Opin remixes while Kast improved.

M.O.P are immovable objects of greatness.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
U already proved my point. Cee Lo in a group setting as a rapper was undeniable. Yet u don't like his solo rap projects. That is the clear issue with Andre 3K. Andre doesn't have more than a handful of solo hip hop SONGS. Let alone an album. How do we know how it would turn out? Say he dropped a solo hip hop album and it turned out to be underwhelming as fukk. Would u think of him the same? Would u look at him like u look at Cee Lo? And like I said. Gnarls Barkley >>>>> The Love Below. The Love Below ain't the star of the show to me regardless of how many white people liked it. My fav song on there is Prototype. And that shyt didn't even get the love from the white people like that. If "I Like The Way You Move" and "Ghetto Musik" was flat out Outkast songs they wouldn't gotten grammys too cause of white people's affinity for Andre 3K. Them shyt's sounded like classic Outkast songs.

Dre produced Ghetto Musick and is doing the hook.

I love Cee Lo just off the 2 Goodie albums. That won't ever change. Cee Lo is on par with Stacks for sure and both blow Big Boi out the water.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
NY of all places was out of touch regarding hip hop? Do u know how ridiculous that sounds? Lol

Only to another New Yorker.

The hip hop coming out of NY has sucked for a decade.