Whats wrong with pushing more Americans to work for lower wages like china does?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Your solution isn't practical. Americans will never accept the wages you're advocating they take. They're fighting for $15/hr at McDonald's. You think before automation replaces all these menial jobs that Americans would accept sweatshop jobs again? Seriously you're saying that you're providing "a present solution", do you honestly think that could be implemented immediately to put Americans back to work in sweatshops for at most a few dollars an hour?

And you think the technology we spoke about replacing human workers is speculation? CEOs and politicians the world over are already preparing for the implications of robotics replacing millions of workers around the world.
Who cares what Americans will accept, though?

I'm ADVOCATING for them to change their perspectives.

I've asked whats wrong with advocating with changing american expectations.

You're telling me that robots are the future.

You're not addressing my argument for the bottom rung of employment

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
define living wage.

And define why America has to do that at the expense of an economic future?

Look, China isn't democratic, but they understand how to get an economy moving.

The USA is on this "lifestyle" shyt and its not working.

What's there to define? you don't eat, cloth, house, transport yourself for free.

IMO it's the corporations that have destroyed America. Lowering your wage would be the most foolish thing you can do. Would they even lower prices with the salary cuts? :mjlol: No. of course not. More margin for them.

Last edited:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
My whole argument has nothing to do with "wait and see", yours actually does. I'm talking about immediately working towards putting a new and better infrastructure in place to prepare for the future, and you're talking about using sweatshop jobs that Americans would never accept, while ignoring what is coming around the corner in the near future, which is automation replacing most humans in those jobs anyway.

Your "immediate work towards infrastructure" is just grand-standing and hand-waving with no real substance or teeth. Its the sort of vast and incomplete campaign promise that ultimately only benefits skilled workers. Oh, and its the sort of specious goal-setting that doesn't chart a path. It just says something thats ambiguous enough to always be true.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
What's there to define? you don't eat, cloth, house, transport yourself for free.

IMO it's the corporations that have destroyed America. Lowering your wage would be the most foolish thing you can do. Would they even lower priced with the salary? :mjlol: No of course not.
do you not agree that the average american has things considered as "needs" that most people don't around the world?

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who cares what Americans will accept, though?

I'm ADVOCATING for them to change their perspectives.

I've asked whats wrong with advocating with changing american expectations.

You're telling me that robots are the future.

You're not addressing my argument for the bottom rung of employment

I'm talking about what it would take for them to change their perspectives. To accept the jobs we've outsourced at similar pay Americans would have to live under warlike conditions constantly facing a realistic threat of starvation. I addressed your argument in my very first post. I said absent a revolution, mass migration, or a depopulation event Americans may very well have to accept your proposal, I'm saying that instead of accepting defeat we should be overhauling the entire infrastructure of our country and if we did, mixed with the technology we have, we'd be well on our way to a much more stable future instead of sweatshops and bread mixed with sawdust.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere

IMO it's the corporations that have destroyed America. Lowering your wage would be the most foolish thing you can do. Would they even lower priced with the salary? :mjlol: No of course not.
This threads solution to crony capitalism is to go further with it :mjlol:

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Your "immediate work towards infrastructure" is just grand-standing and hand-waving with no real substance or teeth. Its the sort of vast and incomplete campaign promise that ultimately only benefits skilled workers. Oh, and its the sort of specious goal-setting that doesn't chart a path. It just says something thats ambiguous enough to always be true.

Fix our roads, bridges, highways, subway systems, begin building new methods of transportation altogether like the hyperloop train Elon Musk's company is working on, implement substantial subsidies for solar, wind, and hydro power. All of these things NEED to be done anyway if America is going to be competitive going forward in the 21st century, and would put millions of people to work immediately. Every labor union would be hiring by the thousands if even just some of these projects were authorized around the country. And yes I'm talking about skilled jobs, because that's the issue we've lost careers and replaced them with part time jobs. Now you're saying on top of the careers being replaced by retail jobs, we should bring back sweatshops. Jesus christ...

And you say it's ambiguous enough to always be true, NO, in our lifetime it HAS always been true. The infrastructure of our country has been crumbling for 20-30 years now and we've largely turned a blind eye to it.

Tate

Kae☭ernick Loyalist
Daps
Chinese wages also have been increasing. No one in the world will accept just lowering their living standards without either social uphevel from the bottom or brutal repression from the top.

Which granted that nap can only achieve sexual arousal from witnessing the state slaughter of foreigners, the state repression might be a feature here.

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No doubt. It's obvious there have a bunch of countries gearing up for the shyt. And with Russia and China making their alliance moves to bring more countries like Iran, Turkey into their fold. And then you have West Europe economically sick, looking like it's gonna go full retard sometime in the next 10yrs..

WW3 can't be avoided.. hell war and economic contraction/collapse are baked into the cake at this point. But god damn if this isn't a helluva time to be alive. Because we're gonna see the destruction of so much of the current world order :whew: I wonder what future historians 100yrs from now will call this time period.

Great post.

I actually think they'll look back at this time as sort of an Age of Enlightenment 2, as nuts as that sounds when looking at how fukked up things are now. I think a lot of the mayhem is a result of people waking up to the bullshyt of the last 200 years or so, and we're going to move past it. It's going to be a hell of a fight before it's said and done, but I'm optimistic a "golden age" follows this.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
I don't want to sell people into an underclass.

But come on bro.

The average american is imbued with images of success and leisure with none of the gumption past generations had to actually create that security.

You got people out here who hate entry level work. We all know it exists out here. By virtue of knowing about alternatives, no one feels satisfied and the increased consumer and debt markets have squeezed what could have been meager livings even further down

At what point do we try to get solutions on the table?

I'm not talking about party politics. I'm talking about labor markets.

Nikka shut up. We are not lazy compared to other generations. The jobs aren't there. Boomers shipped them overseas, dipshyt. My grandfather was 18, got a job at the shipyard, bought his house CASH at 21. Is that happening in 2016? My dad graduated high school in 1970. He said when he graduated, people from GM and Chrysler were outside the parking lot interviewing people for jobs at the factory. Good ass union jobs. Completely nonexistent in 2016. Our grandparents would be broke as fukk right now or drowning in student loan debt. They weren't any better than we are, if anything, they had it easier financially.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Nikka shut up. We are not lazy compared to other generations. The jobs aren't there. Boomers shipped them overseas, dipshyt. My grandfather was 18, got a job at the shipyard, bought his house CASH at 21. Is that happening in 2016? My dad graduated high school in 1970. He said when he graduated, people from GM and Chrysler were outside the parking lot interviewing people for jobs at the factory. Good ass union jobs. Completely nonexistent in 2016. Our grandparents would be broke as fukk right now or drowning in student loan debt. They weren't any better than we are, if anything, they had it easier financially.
ib388-figurea.jpg.538

Chart says it all.