Whats wrong with pushing more Americans to work for lower wages like china does?

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stop talking about 3D printing. You sound like a song evangelist.

My point is that there are jobs, being done today, around the world, that Americans can do, if they lowered their standards.

Thats my point.

Dude you're creating an argument where there isn't one. You haven't furthered the conversation at all, you just want to argue, it's fukking nuts.

I agreed with you in the very first post of this thread. I said Americans will either break and accept low paying jobs that we previously outsourced or they'll have to revolt. Then I listed a few things that could help. I said it would have to be on the scale of the Industrial Revolution, I didn't say alternative energy, 3d printers, and robotics were going to be able to achieve that alone, just that they will play a huge part in how this issue plays out in the immediate future. You said you're talking about shifts towards mass employment, so am I, I'm just trying to provide realistic solutions that don't doom the average American to 3rd world status. What you're talking about is the complete abolishment of labor unions, which could be a discussion worth having, but do you understand how many millions of Americans will be willing to literally go to war to stop that from happening? You're not grasping that what you're saying isn't really any more feasible than an Industrial Revolution scale evolution in the way we manufacture, transport, and sell goods.

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
picking up a trade is akin to just becoming a free-lancer/self-employed. Which is nice, but doesn't account for all these coal miners who need to be transitioned into SOMETHING.

So you think coal mining is going to be rendered completely obsolete, but not people putting some screws into electronics or attaching a sole to a sneaker? And you think Americans will accept losing well paying careers for sweatshop jobs? I'm not saying these aren't real issues that need to be addressed, just that we're just as if not more likely to see a complete revolution than we are to see a total regression back to jobs we previously outsourced.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
The solution is creating jobs for ourselves.

Small business, vocational trades and small manufacturing is the way.

Not waiting for corporate America to trickle down some bullshyt jobs, or lower the wage floor as you say.

A lot more people would be employed.
people already are doing that.

Theres no barriers to doing that.

You're just ignoring the other vast majority of workers who are "doomed" to only be workers.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At some point, Americans with no skills and who are under educated are going to need to get in where they fit in.

You can't beat China doing what we're doing 20 years from now.

Wage floors might have to go down :manny:

Whats wrong with this way of thinking? :lupe:

People want jobs at home, right?

What are Americans willing to do for it?

How much farther will we kick the can down the road?

so you want to follow the practices of a communist nation?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Dude you're creating an argument where there isn't one. You haven't furthered the conversation at all, you just want to argue, it's fukking nuts.

I agreed with you in the very first post of this thread. I said Americans will either break and accept low paying jobs that we previously outsourced or they'll have to revolt. Then I listed a few things that could help. I said it would have to be on the scale of the Industrial Revolution, I didn't say alternative energy, 3d printers, and robotics were going to be able to achieve that alone, just that they will play a huge part in how this issue plays out in the immediate future. You said you're talking about shifts towards mass employment, so am I, I'm just trying to provide realistic solutions that don't doom the average American to 3rd world status. What you're talking about is the complete abolishment of labor unions, which could be a discussion worth having, but do you understand how many millions of Americans will be willing to literally go to war to stop that from happening? You're not grasping that what you're saying isn't really any more feasible than an Industrial Revolution scale evolution in the way we manufacture, transport, and sell goods.
but your realistic solutions are for skilled workers.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
This is a real thread or a joke? People need to make a living wage.
define living wage.

And define why America has to do that at the expense of an economic future?

Look, China isn't democratic, but they understand how to get an economy moving.

The USA is on this "lifestyle" shyt and its not working.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
so you want to follow the practices of a communist nation?
China is politically communist. Economically, they're as free market as one can be, outside of the state running everything.

I didn't say they were perfect.

I'm talking about the type of economy people keep ranting and raving about.

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
but your realistic solutions are for skilled workers.

Well that's why I said technology is the epitome of a gift and a curse. Menial jobs, at least the ones we're familiar with, are going to be obsolete in our lifetime, so we need to focus on providing new career opportunities and the education and skills needed to put people into those jobs. Labor unions have provided apprenticeships for decades now giving people the skills to make a decent living.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

Thread is silly tho... Americans will revolt.

Hell one of the reasons Trump is doing so well.