Whats wrong with pushing more Americans to work for lower wages like china does?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
To be fair though, those jobs also provided a living wage during those times. Honestly we're just at an absolutely unavoidable crossroads as a species. Technology has been the epitome of a gift and a curse. It's given so many people a much higher standard of living, but on the flipside it is also rendering formerly decent paying menial jobs obsolete, and we now have to decide how to adjust to that. Humanity as a whole is too aware to allow a ruling class to turn us into serfs, but that ruling class is doing everything they can to hold on to obscene amounts of wealth at the expense of the average citizen. We have some brutal years ahead of us.
I feel like, you personally, have bought into this notion where technology is to blame for this.

Look...there are people, around the world, doing jobs, you don't even know exist.

So CLEARLY technology has managed to mask the real behind the scenes work that happens overseas.

Cause the world isn't just magical machines all the time.

Theres people doing the most mundane and tiring work that put together things you just take for granted.

Resorting to high-minded arguments from "influencers" and TED Talk speakers about trends and the future of technology seems like hand-waving and willful ignorance to the reality of the the real economy around the world in places like Asia, and South America.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
The days of turn-a-bolt bob making a middle class wage in a small town is long gone. It's not 1956 and it's never coming back
Its not gone.
People are still doing that shyt...in Asia.

I feel like America has been fooled into thinking those jobs just don't exist anymore.

Theres entire documentaries of chinese workers ACTUALLY doing shyt that people seem to think just magically appears due to "technology"

Nah bruh...they're doing the same shyt over there...you just forgot about it.

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like, you personally, have bought into this notion where technology is to blame for this.

Look...there are people, around the world, doing jobs, you don't even know exist.

So CLEARLY technology has managed to mask the real behind the scenes work that happens overseas.

Cause the world isn't just magical machines all the time.

Theres people doing the most mundane and tiring work that put together things you just take for granted.

Resorting to high-minded arguments from "influencers" and TED Talk speakers about trends and the future of technology seems like hand-waving and willful ignorance to the reality of the the real economy around the world in places like Asia, and South America.

I'm not blaming technology. As a capable person willing to work to obtain skills needed in today's society I'm excited as shyt at the opportunities technology has and will continue to provide, I'm just looking at it objectively, it has also had negative effects, there's no way to deny that.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
If it's structured properly it can help a lot. The careers that cheap renewable forms of energy can provide mixed with the decrease in labor costs that 3d printers and robotics can provide will completely revolutionize the world as we know it. Now the issue with that is: will the average person benefit from those advances or will they be completely disregarded by the system?
you're just focusing on energy bro. Thats not everything and that won't sustain everything.

I'm talking about the manufacturing of raw materials, textiles, and assembly of products...the majority of which is not related to energy at any point.

HANDS are still the tools of labor in most of the world. Americans think this stuff just comes out of thin air.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I'm not blaming technology in the least bit. As a capable person willing to work to obtain skills needed in today's society I'm excited as shyt at the opportunities technology has and will continue to provide, I'm just looking at it objectively, it has also had negative effects, there's no way to deny that.
Technology works for those with those skills.

Thats the point.

There is still a need for the unskilled and baseless worker in the country and we will never fill the tech need in this country. There will always be jobs for that.

There ARE a lack of jobs for people at the low end though.

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you're just focusing on energy bro. Thats not everything and that won't sustain everything.

I'm talking about the manufacturing of raw materials, textiles, and assembly of products...the majority of which is not related to energy at any point.

HANDS are still the tools of labor in most of the world. Americans think this stuff just comes out of thin air.

I'm not just focusing on energy, I also said 3d printers and robotics which are going to replace low skilled workers in every field u just listed within the next decade or two. I also never said energy alone would fix everything, but it can be hugely beneficial.

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Technology works for those with those skills.

Thats the point.

There is still a need for the unskilled and baseless worker in the country and we will never fill the tech need in this country. There will always be jobs for that.

There ARE a lack of jobs for people at the low end though.

I know and that's one of the negative effects technology has had.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I'm not just focusing on energy, I also said 3d printers and robotics which are going to replace low skilled workers in every field u just listed within the next decade or two. I also never said energy alone would fix everything, but it can be hugely beneficial.
You keep listing technologies bro.

Guess who manufacturers the things 3D printers designs?

Human hands.

All those asians aren't just unemployed either. :francis:

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You keep listing technologies bro.

Guess who manufacturers the things 3D printers designs?

Human hands.

All those asians aren't just unemployed either. :francis:

3d printers are going to be able to print other 3d printers. And 3d printers don't design things, people draw up designs on computers (tech jobs) and the printer does the manufacturing, so that's just more low skilled workers rendered completely useless.

And even if they don't let it get to that point, we're still looking at countless people, all around the world, being put out of work.

Also, all of your arguments are focused on today. Yes those jobs still exist today and have been outsourced like I already said in an earlier post, I'm talking about moving forward.

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
Bruh, the whole notion is that there used to be jobs for any one who wanted them. You just had to get a little dirty, do something mundane, or just toil away at something stupid.

But it was a job.

Those jobs are out there...there just not in America.

If incentives matter, unless we nationalize certain industries, America is going to have to figure out how to compete on all levels.

Educated people with degrees that matter aren't struggling to find work, for the most part.

and when you mean "benefitting all parties?" come on man...theres no such thing. You just try to do what works well for most people.

The underclass will remain toiling away at something stupid. Society will produce more and more people to just settle for mundane, dirty, insulting work for the sake of a job that satisfies basic needs.

There are increasingly more people with degrees that can't find work, due to saturation and lack of STEM emphasis, while the world is becoming more technologically advanced.

I think it is more important to create ways to get people educated and empowered with owning their own companies, and being smarter with their time and effort.

The Panthers had the right idea in the 60s... Nutrition, education and providing a means to create a way to independence from the american system of economic enslavement.

Jobs are designed to be dead ends.

Just creating more jobs doesn't help companies, nor does it mean that an economy is growing.

It just mean that the ultra rich have come up off 1 or 2 percent of their salary to throw crumbs at the peasants.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
The underclass will remain toiling away at something stupid. Society will produce more and more people to just settle for mundane, dirty, insulting work for the sake of a job that satisfies basic needs.

There are increasingly more people with degrees that can't find work, due to saturation and lack of STEM emphasis, while the world is becoming more technologically advanced.

I think it is more important to create ways to get people educated and empowered with owning their own companies, and being smarter with their time and effort.

The Panthers had the right idea in the 60s... Nutrition, education and providing a means to create a way to independence from the american system of economic enslavement.

Jobs are designed to be dead ends.

Just creating more jobs doesn't help companies, nor does it mean that an economy is growing.

It just mean that the ultra rich have come up off 1 or 2 percent of their salary to throw crumbs at the peasants.
I don't understand your actual solution here.

What are you trying to say?

It comes off like "fukk work...work is boring...just create your own jobs"

OK.

Thats nice.

But most people don't create their own jobs.

So then what?

No one said you had to have everyone living in the free-lance economy. I'm talking about shifts towards mass employment.

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
I don't want to sell people into an underclass.

But come on bro.

The average american is imbued with images of success and leisure with none of the gumption past generations had to actually create that security.

You got people out here who hate entry level work. We all know it exists out here. By virtue of knowing about alternatives, no one feels satisfied and the increased consumer and debt markets have squeezed what could have been meager livings even further down

At what point do we try to get solutions on the table?

I'm not talking about party politics. I'm talking about labor markets.

I agree, our attitude towards work is shytty.

Millennials pretty much own that breh.

I think that manufacturing will grow, and with H.R. 4923 (American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act) passing recently, there is some traction to help move some action back to the states.

People in poorer communities should pick up trades and go into business for themselves. Use those skills to help other businesses in their community to create those jobs you're talking about.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
3d printers are going to be able to print other 3d printers. And 3d printers don't design things, people draw up designs on computers (tech jobs) and the printer does the manufacturing, so that's just more low skilled workers rendered completely useless.

And even if they don't let it get to that point, we're still looking at countless people, all around the world, being put out of work.

Also, all of your arguments are focused on today. Yes those jobs still exist today and have been outsourced like I already said in an earlier post, I'm talking about moving forward.
Stop talking about 3D printing. You sound like a one-song evangelist.

My point is that there are jobs, being done today, around the world, that Americans can do, if they lowered their standards.

Thats my point.

Last edited:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I agree, our attitude towards work is shytty.

Millennials pretty much own that breh.

I think that manufacturing will grow, and with H.R. 4923 (American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act) passing recently, there is some traction to help move some action back to the states.

People in poorer communities should pick up trades and go into business for themselves. Use those skills to help other businesses in their community to create those jobs you're talking about.
picking up a trade is akin to just becoming a free-lancer/self-employed. Which is nice, but doesn't account for all these coal miners who need to be transitioned into SOMETHING.

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
I don't understand your actual solution here.

What are you trying to say?

It comes off like "fukk work...work is boring...just create your own jobs"

OK.

Thats nice.

But most people don't create their own jobs.

So then what?

No one said you had to have everyone living in the free-lance economy. I'm talking about shifts towards mass employment.

The solution is creating jobs for ourselves.

Small business, vocational trades and small manufacturing is the way.

Not waiting for corporate America to trickle down some bullshyt jobs, or lower the wage floor as you say.

A lot more people would be employed.