Whats wrong with pushing more Americans to work for lower wages like china does?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Well that's why I said technology is the epitome of a gift and a curse. Menial jobs, at least the ones we're familiar with, are going to be obsolete in our lifetime, so we need to focus on providing new career opportunities and the education and skills needed to put people into those jobs. Labor unions have provided apprenticeships for decades now giving people the skills to make a decent living.
Menial jobs are NOT going to be obsolete.

If that was the case, they'd be disappearing much faster in the developing world...and they're not.

Sure, that "threat" is present everywhere, but Americans keep thinking that these jobs just disappear. They don't. They MOVE.

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
World War 3:WWar3:

It doesn't matter whether you don't want it or not. It will handle this "problem" and many other problems :manny:

Sadly this is true. We're in a period where countries are in pre-revolutionary times with the potential for civil war, and World War 3 is a very real possibility at the same time. I can't see how conflict is avoided.

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Menial jobs are NOT going to be obsolete.

If that was the case, they'd be disappearing much faster in the developing world...and they're not.

Sure, that "threat" is present everywhere, but Americans keep thinking that these jobs just disappear. They don't. They MOVE.

You emphasized "move" as if I haven't spoken about outsourcing at least 4-5 times in here already. I didn't say they've all disappeared, I said the menial jobs we know today will be disappearing in our lifetime. For some reason you think coal mining/labor unions are a thing of the past more so than sweatshop or call center jobs we've outsourced to China and India.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Sadly this is true. We're in a period where countries are in pre-revolutionary times with the potential for civil war, and World War 3 is a very real possibility at the same time. I can't see how conflict is avoided.

No doubt. It's obvious there have a bunch of countries gearing up for the shyt. And with Russia and China making their alliance moves to bring more countries like Iran, Turkey into their fold. And then you have West Europe economically sick, looking like it's gonna go full retard sometime in the next 10yrs..

WW3 can't be avoided.. hell war and economic contraction/collapse are baked into the cake at this point. But god damn if this isn't a helluva time to be alive. Because we're gonna see the destruction of so much of the current world order :whew: I wonder what future historians 100yrs from now will call this time period.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
You emphasized "move" as if I haven't spoken about outsourcing at least 4-5 times in here already. I didn't say they've all disappeared, I said the menial jobs we know today will be disappearing in our lifetime. For some reason you think coal mining/labor unions are a thing of the past more so than sweatshop or call center jobs we've outsourced to China and India.
This isn't a fair argument from you.

Those jobs exist right now.

Saying "well, they'll disappear eventually" just means "don't worry about trying to get them back...just wait till it sucks for everyone"

Thats just defeatism.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
To be fair though, those jobs also provided a living wage during those times. Honestly we're just at an absolutely unavoidable crossroads as a species. Technology has been the epitome of a gift and a curse. It's given so many people a much higher standard of living, but on the flipside it is also rendering formerly decent paying menial jobs obsolete, and we now have to decide how to adjust to that. Humanity as a whole is too aware to allow a ruling class to turn us into serfs, but that ruling class is doing everything they can to hold on to obscene amounts of wealth at the expense of the average citizen. We have some brutal years ahead of us.
How can technology be a curse? No, you doofus, it's the politics that are a curse. You champion the morality of people that should be taken to the guillotine.

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How can technology be a curse? No, you doofus, it's the politics that are a curse. You champion the morality of people that should be taken to the guillotine.

I champion the morality of politicians? I criticized politicians in one of my posts already come on don't speak on things you're ignorant to. And technology is a curse in the sense that it's taken millions of people's jobs away and will take millions more in the near future, doofus.

Now the politicians and super rich not allowing us to use technology to progress to the kind of world it could provide for all of us is also on them. But in the world we currently live in technology has also been a curse.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I champion the morality of politicians? I criticized politicians in one of my posts already come on don't speak on things you're ignorant to. And technology is a curse in the sense that it's taken millions of people's jobs away and will take millions more in the near future, doofus.

Now the politicians and super rich not allowing us to use technology to progress to the kind of world it could provide for all of us is also on them. But in the world we currently live in technology has also been a curse.
it hasn't taken the jobs of millions of people who HAVE american jobs.

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This isn't a fair argument from you.

Those jobs exist right now.

Saying "well, they'll disappear eventually" just means "don't worry about trying to get them back...just wait till it sucks for everyone"

Thats just defeatism.

No it's not it's facing the reality of it. How long do you think it would take to convince Americans who are protesting for $15 minimum wage at fast food restaurants to accept $1-2/hr to work in a sweatshop? Long before we arrive in that dystopian future, Americans will have revolted and created an entirely new world that fully embraces the methods of manufacturing, transporting, and selling of goods that technology permits us.

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it hasn't taken the jobs of millions of people who HAVE american jobs.

Then why are we discussing Americans accepting wages similar to Chinese wages in order to get back the jobs they've lost?

You're arguing for the sake of arguing. When it's convenient for the sake of your argument, you say we've lost the jobs because Americans won't accept sweatshop work conditions, then when it's convenient you say we haven't lost millions of jobs. What jobs are we discussing here? Yea no shyt it hasn't taken every American job.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
No it's not it's facing the reality of it. How long do you think it would take to convince Americans who are protesting for $15 minimum wage at fast food restaurants to accept $1-2/hr to work in a sweatshop? Long before we arrive in that dystopian future, Americans will have revolted and created an entirely new world that fully embraces the methods of manufacturing, transporting, and selling of goods that technology permits us.
Do you not realize the inherent contradiction to what you're saying? :mindblown:

You keep taking bout this "reset" instead of dealing with the present situation.

I'm saying that Americans SHOULD accept the lower standards, and get back to a position of economic dominance and stave off this technological displacement which will affect the unskilled worker far more.

Technology obviously is coming, but you're overstating its impact for the future without considering its present implications.

Your whole argument rests on "wait and see" instead of "lets fix this now"

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
because you keep obfuscating this with a future that hasn't arrived and is based on speculation instead of dealing with a present solution to a present problem

Your solution isn't practical. Americans will never accept the wages you're advocating they take. They're fighting for $15/hr at McDonald's. You think before automation replaces all these menial jobs that Americans would accept sweatshop jobs again? Seriously you're saying that you're providing "a present solution", do you honestly think that could be implemented immediately to put Americans back to work in sweatshops for at most a few dollars an hour?

And you think the technology we spoke about replacing human workers is speculation? CEOs and politicians the world over are already preparing for the implications of robotics replacing millions of workers around the world.

Last edited:

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you not realize the inherent contradiction to what you're saying? :mindblown:

You keep taking bout this "reset" instead of dealing with the present situation.

I'm saying that Americans SHOULD accept the lower standards, and get back to a position of economic dominance and stave off this technological displacement which will affect the unskilled worker far more.

Technology obviously is coming, but you're overstating its impact for the future without considering its present implications.

Your whole argument rests on "wait and see" instead of "lets fix this now"

My whole argument has nothing to do with "wait and see", yours actually does. I'm talking about immediately working towards putting a new and better infrastructure in place to prepare for the future, and you're talking about using sweatshop jobs that Americans would never accept, while ignoring what is coming around the corner in the near future, which is automation replacing most humans in those jobs anyway.