What's up with Dominicans who think they are white and not black?

Batman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:what: to us dominicans, we ALL DOMINICAN and thats it. Only on the coli do you hear the terms white/black dominican and we say that to prove a point cause ya dumb asses in here calling us c00ns and saying we deny our black anvestry which is FALSE. We just say we mixed because thats what we are. MIXED. We got african/european/taino in our blood

We all dominican and we all show each other love aint no racial problems amongst dominicans

Look at all the crazy in this post. Do you get mad when a white person calls you African-American?

Chesirecatdaddy

All Star
Daps
Hey African American coli members guess what... We are a nationality, not a color. We past that. You wanna be a colorforever tthat's on ya.

We dominican that's that

:umad:

Deal with it fakkits
not an african american but I don't think anyone is saying you guys aren't a nationality breh

Chesirecatdaddy

All Star
Daps
:what: to us dominicans, we ALL DOMINICAN and thats it. Only on the coli do you hear the terms white/black dominican and we say that to prove a point cause ya dumb asses in here calling us c00ns and saying we deny our black anvestry which is FALSE. We just say we mixed because thats what we are. MIXED. We got african/european/taino in our blood

We all dominican and we all show each other love aint no racial problems amongst dominicans

I agree with the first part but the bolded is a fukking lie

AntiHero

Long time lurker
Daps
Btw, ignore LA Fisher he's a cac.

This was already confirmed in a thread yesterday.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Yeah, I don't know if you know this....

But Dominicans are a mix of English, Spanish, French, Italian, Native Indians (Arawaks, Tainos..), Eastern Indians and Africans.
And in the 1930s, some Jews went there as well.

They are not just Africans like your typical Coli jagaloon dipsh*t likes to claim.
So people from the DR can identify with a variety of races and cultures.

Deal with it.

Yea....I think I can see the European influence :troll:

Sammy-Sosa-189155-1-402.jpg
Robinson%20Cano.jpg
big-papi.jpg

AntiHero

Long time lurker
Daps

Bullchit.

The most racist things i've ever heard from Latinos came from Dumbminicans.

Their views are similar to a lot of african americans, look down on the dark skins and glorify light skins.

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
That goes for Africans, too. They'll come over here and enjoy the groundwork we laid but denounce us but as soon as we cut some more doors down, see how fast their c00ns as try to hop on the bandwagon.
Yea, its pathetic but thats the way of the world. People want to be associated with power, more then struggle.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
not an african american but I don't think anyone is saying you guys aren't a nationality breh

no the problem is that we identify with our nationality first and foremost and thats what pisses aa's off. they dont see themselves as more than a color because thats how the white man sees them. we dominicans are all, white or black, one people under one flag and under one culture. we know that culture has roots in other cultures but we arent concerned with the past. there are enough issues in DR in current day. our nationality is dominican, our race is mixed, and we identify with our country before our race.

show me some brothers in the hood rocking the US flag and talking about how awesome this country is and ill show u a unicorn. THATS the root of this whole anti-dominican issue here.

:stopitslime:

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
if you want to claim a European ancestry while you look darker than midnight why don't you join any European organization and see if they accept your black ass..

Dominican is not a race...what pisses me off is when I ask them for race and they give me Dominican? :what:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
no the problem is that we identify with our nationality first and foremost and thats what pisses aa's off. they dont see themselves as more than a color because thats how the white man sees them. we dominicans are all, white or black, one people under one flag and under one culture. we know that culture has roots in other cultures but we arent concerned with the past. there are enough issues in DR in current day. our nationality is dominican, our race is mixed, and we identify with our country before our race.

show me some brothers in the hood rocking the US flag and talking about how awesome this country is and ill show u a unicorn. THATS the root of this whole anti-dominican issue here.

You would have a point if it was just African-Americans that say these things about Dominicans, but its not. Its Jamaicans, Haitians etc too and they rep their countries just as hard as Dominicans.

Chesirecatdaddy

All Star
Daps

I disagree ...we're talkng about how some dominicans do not aknowledge african ancestry at all... Not how you mostly identify yourselves as a nationality first an foremost. You're theory might be right when it comes to some African Americans I guess... but Jamaicans do the same shyt they identify as jamaican, trinis do it... so why dont AA's have beef with them. A lot of nations do this it's not exclusive to DR, so that's why I disagree. It might piss you off that this topic is made every week but most people are not attacking dominicans so you don't really gotta be on the defensive. Like I stated before the majority of my friends are platanos and they aknowledge that this is an issue, it's just probably not as big as some people make it out to be who knows. The problem exists why sweep it out under the rug? If someone asks about race, dominican isn't a race breh so dominican shouldn't be the answer to that question.