What's up with Dominicans who think they are white and not black?

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
You would have a point if it was just African-Americans that say these things about Dominicans, but its not. Its Jamaicans, Haitians etc too and they rep their countries just as hard as Dominicans.

most jamaicans have no beef with dominicans. from my personal experience, dominicans and jamaicans get along great. haitians are a different issue since we share a border and have a long problematic history and even still, most dominicans and haitians in the usa get along just fine.

I disagree ...we're talkng about how some dominicans do not aknowledge african ancestry at all... Not how you mostly identify yourselves as a nationality first an foremost. You're theory might be right when it comes to some African Americans I guess... but Jamaicans do the same shyt they identify as jamaican, trinis do it... so why dont AA's have beef with them. A lot of nations do this it's not exclusive to DR, so that's why I disagree. It might piss you off that this topic is made every week but most people are not attacking dominicans so you don't really gotta be on the defensive. Like I stated before the majority of my friends are platanos and they aknowledge that this is an issue, it's just probably not as big as some people make it out to be who knows. The problem exists why sweep it out under the rug? If someone asks about race, dominican isn't a race breh so dominican shouldn't be the answer to that question.

breh the answer to what race we are is MIXED. we are MIXED. heavily and thoroughly MIXED. as compared to whites, most dominicans are black skinned, but as compared to africans, most dominicans are light skinned. we are all so mixed that everything about our culture has some of everything. the african influence is heavy in our appearance AND in our music, food, and other aspects of our culture. this whole things is stupid because VERY few groups of people on this side of the world represent africa in their culture like DR does. Yes, im sure there is a small percentage of dominicans, with very little education, who do not understand the difference between race and nationality and deny being black. The country as a whole however KNOWS we have african roots. We are not IDIOTS.

You dudes are morons tho. like the one who put a pic of sammy sosa up. 1 idiot represents the whole country? hasnt michael jackson been bleaching his skin for decades? didnt all of those motown singers konk their hair?

you wanna generalize? lets not play that game. thats a game blacks lose 10 out of 10 times. all i need is a link to worldstar.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Yea....I think I can see the European influence :troll:

Sammy-Sosa-189155-1-402.jpg
Robinson%20Cano.jpg
big-papi.jpg

yea cause there are no white dominicans :snoop:

im a white dominican, @Uptown WaYo87 is my brother and he is darker than i and has more black features than i do, yet he has good hair and i have the nappy hair. our grandfather is as black as wesley snipes, yet his daughter(our mother) is as white as jennifer aniston. WE ARE THOROUGHLY MIXED! most appear black, some are white but we ALL have africa and spain in our blood.

:snoops: you dudes are so stupid

Chesirecatdaddy

All Star
Daps
most jamaicans have no beef with dominicans. from my personal experience, dominicans and jamaicans get along great. haitians are a different issue since we share a border and have a long problematic history and even still, most dominicans and haitians in the usa get along just fine.

breh the answer to what race we are is MIXED. we are MIXED. heavily and thoroughly MIXED. as compared to whites, most dominicans are black skinned, but as compared to africans, most dominicans are light skinned. we are all so mixed that everything about our culture has some of everything. the african influence is heavy in our appearance AND in our music, food, and other aspects of our culture. this whole things is stupid because VERY few groups of people on this side of the world represent africa in their culture like DR does. Yes, im sure there is a small percentage of dominicans, with very little education, who do not understand the difference between race and nationality and deny being black. The country as a whole however KNOWS we have african roots. We are not IDIOTS.

You dudes are morons tho. like the one who put a pic of sammy sosa up. 1 idiot represents the whole country? hasnt michael jackson been bleaching his skin for decades? didnt all of those motown singers konk their hair?

you wanna generalize? lets not play that game. thats a game blacks lose 10 out of 10 times. all i need is a link to worldstar.

lol you keep saying you dudes and that I wanna generalize... I'm not generalizing.. I'm saying the issue exists... because it does period. Nobody was talking about jamaicans beef with dominicans... we're saying that jamaicans identify as a nationality first even tho they're a mixed multitude but AA's have no beef with them. Youre' also generalizing as well because as a whole AA's don't have a problem with dominicans either. The only shyt I agree with you on is that the issue exists and that it stems from a lack of education... I mean what else would it stem from really? When you educated people they don't deny facts.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
lol you keep saying you dudes and that I wanna generalize... I'm not generalizing.. I'm saying the issue exists... because it does period. Nobody was talking about jamaicans beef with dominicans... we're saying that jamaicans identify as a nationality first even tho they're a mixed multitude but AA's have no beef with them. Youre' also generalizing as well because as a whole AA's don't have a problem with dominicans either. The only shyt I agree with you on is that the issue exists and that it stems from a lack of education... I mean what else would it stem from really? When you educated people they don't deny facts.

not you specifically then, but there is a reason that this same thread keeps popping up on here every week. i should stop generalizing cause im a harlem nikka and almost all of my closest friends growing up have been black even tho i a very white dominican. there has never been any issues. i know most blacks dont hate us like we are hated on the coli. when i speak on it im talking about the coli anti-c00ns (yet really the biggest c00ns) and directing it at them.

i mean christ, you would think we publicly as a nation deny our african roots and obliterate it from our country

Chesirecatdaddy

All Star
Daps
not you specifically then, but there is a reason that this same thread keeps popping up on here every week. i should stop generalizing cause im a harlem nikka and almost all of my closest friends growing up have been black even tho i a very white dominican. there has never been any issues. i know most blacks dont hate us like we are hated on the coli. when i speak on it im talking about the coli anti-c00ns (yet really the biggest c00ns) and directing it at them.

i mean christ, you would think we publicly as a nation deny our african roots and obliterate it from our country
i think a lot of it comes from the fact that people will meet one or two ppl who deny the shyt and it leaves a bad taste in their mouths. Most coli members dont come from places with a lot of dominicans anyway. The other part comes from the history of the attempted eradication of african roots through the use of propaganda in the early 20th century. I remember one day i had this convo with a white looking dominican ( i say white looking because white dominicans just look white) was like yo we all got some black blood at the end of the day. That was enough for me to hear, made up my mind that it's all about how informed a person is. An informed person won't go off emotion and deny facts but an ignorant person has that freedom to deny it.

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
if you want to claim a European ancestry while you look darker than midnight why don't you join any European organization and see if they accept your black ass..

Dominican is not a race...what pisses me off is when I ask them for race and they give me Dominican? :what:

What if I dont know my race? :lupe:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
i think a lot of it comes from the fact that people will meet one or two ppl who deny the shyt and it leaves a bad taste in their mouths. Most coli members dont come from places with a lot of dominicans anyway. The other part comes from the history of the attempted eradication of african roots through the use of propaganda in the early 20th century. I remember one day i had this convo with a white looking dominican ( i say white looking because white dominicans just look white) was like yo we all got some black blood at the end of the day. That was enough for me to hear, made up my mind that it's all about how informed a person is. An informed person won't go off emotion and deny facts but an ignorant person has that freedom to deny it.

thank you breh. we all know we have african roots. like i said, shyt is all over our culture. nobody with half a brain would sit here and deny that we have africa in our blood. its obvious.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Dunno how any nikka can hate Jamaica. They claim Africa like none other.

It's Dominicans that are scared.

Surprised how Jamaicans and the other c00ns in those countries never clashed. :ohhh:

Even they are like "can't fukk with the Bob Marley people" en Espanol.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
yea cause there are no white dominicans :snoop:

im a white dominican, @Uptown WaYo87 is my brother and he is darker than i and has more black features than i do, yet he has good hair and i have the nappy hair. our grandfather is as black as wesley snipes, yet his daughter(our mother) is as white as jennifer aniston. WE ARE THOROUGHLY MIXED! most appear black, some are white but we ALL have africa and spain in our blood.

:snoops: you dudes are so stupid

:leostare: @ calling wavy/ straight hair good hair and signaling nappy hair in disgust.

The Spaniards have brainwashed the blacks in their colonies better than the English can.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
:leostare: @ calling wavy/ straight hair good hair and signaling nappy hair in disgust.

The Spaniards have brainwashed the blacks in their colonies better than the English can.

Yea cause black women get nappy weaves to show their pride :aicmon: