What's up with Dominicans who think they are white and not black?

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I'm proud to be an American and also a Black man of Sub-Saharan descent (even with some Cac and AmerIndian blood). Idk why it's so hard for Dominicans to realize it's not exclusive.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
self-hating :rudy: nobody is prouder or happy to be who we are than dominicans :blessed:

carry on with ur bs.

im proud to be a dominican and i dont need to attack other groups to validate how proud i am :blessed:

:laff:

Nobody needs Dominicans to validate Blacks man. Trust me, breh. You may not be a c00n but most of you people are c00ns just like lotta lighstkinned AAs are. We called them out equally. Same goes for Brazillians breh. So nobody singling out Dominicans

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR

Nobody needs Dominicans to validate Blacks man. Trust me, breh. You may not be a c00n but most of you people are c00ns just like lotta lighstkinned AAs are. We called them out equally. Same goes for Brazillians breh. So nobody singling out Dominicans

yet there is a new thread made weekly about us. i see...

ya wish ya can be as self-loving and past color as we are breh. its ok to admit it :blessed:

6853.jpg

2232-600.jpg

940-dominican-republic-wbc-8col.jpg

img21893169.jpg

NvrCMyNut

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You don't happen to not be lightskin? i think iim seeing a pattern :mjpls: Sure...it's just the lightskin AA :laff:
did somebody say Identity issues?

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Imagine the feelings that would be caught by AA women if these chicks were the 5 finalists of miss black america :wow:

We've had plenty of light-skin Miss Black America, Miss Americas and Miss USA. I doubt yall have ever nominated a dark Miss Dominicana though :comeon:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
We've had plenty of light-skin Miss Black America, Miss Americas and Miss USA. I doubt yall have ever nominated a dark Miss Dominicana though :comeon:

and just to show it isnt a new thing, miss dr 1977

uni1977s.jpg

any more dumb ass arguments?

:youngsabo:

NvrCMyNut

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you still haven't answered my question, which of the following do you identify with brother?

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
i was saying how u cant blame those ignorant few who want to distance themselves from black americans when they arrive here. i dont hate the entire group, ive said over and over, im a harlem kat. the majority of my friends growing up were black. some of my favorite teachers were black. one of my idols is malcolm.

your own medicine. you judge my entire group over the actions or words of very few.

i know that denying doesnt help, i said its stupid. but think about it objectively. n no, immigrants actually dont get treated as bad unless they are criminals. an innocent immigrant and an innocent black person getting locked up get treated totally different from what ive seen. sad but true.

i know there are succesful AAs. i even said that i dont think we are doing better in this country in general, but when u go to the HOODS, at least on the east coast, you will find 10 times more dominican owned businesses than u will find black owned. i swear to god, in all my time living in harlem, i have seen at least 5 times more dominican bodegas than black owned ones and thats being generous. even the clothing stores on 125th are mostly owned by african immigrants or west indians. as a whole, blacks in the country are doing better simply because we are a very small percentage of people and only exist significantly on parts of the east coast, mostly the northeast and then florida.

you are still beating the same dead horse. we KNOW we have african roots. DUH nikka. but we also have alot of other things. i put up the facts, but ill do it again.

Dominican Republic - 73% mixed, 16% white, 11% black
Haiti - 95% Black, 5% mulatto or white

according to cia.gov world fact book

so how u gonna compare? im not making this shyt up. Haiti, Jamaica, Trinidad and the rest are 90% pure black and above. The dominican republic is 11% pure black! 73% mixed! and we STILL have a HUGE african influence in all aspects of our culture and the majority of dominicans accept it and are proud.

when u ask a person "what are you?/where u from?" there is a couple of things to consider.

does that person identify most with a religion?(i.e. jewish. no matter where in the word they are from, jews are jews)
does that person identify most with a country?(i.e. im american, im canadian, im scandinavian)
does that person identify most with just their race?(i.e. im black, im white, im asian)

when u ask a black american that question, 90% of the time they say black.
when u ask a white american, 90% of the time they say american.
when u ask a mexican, they dont say mestizo or aztec, they say mexican.
when u ask a dominican, we say dominican.

if u ask straightforward, what race are you, we will tell u mixed. very very very few dominicans will claim to be purely white, even tho 16% of the country, myself included, qualify as white. i have been called white before and i quick to say "nah son im dominican".

that question has a variety of answers depending on who u ask and what they identify with. 73% of my country is MIXED.

ya have to be the dumbest group of people on the internet.

chocolate st0rmfr0nt :russ:

80% of black people live in the southern states. Of course you not gonna see many black owned businesses in Harlem where gentrification is taking place and forcing the renters to move outta the northeast as a whole. Besides, the few Dominicans that do c00n as hard as you want to have everything black, but never include the AA population in any of your country's festivities.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
:snoop: moving the goal post are we? so she isnt a black dominican?

@NvrCMyNut was saying we'd be heated over a lightskin pageant winner when we have had plenty. I irrationally responded with saying where is the dark skinned Dominican winner, not Black dominican winner, which makes no sense since most of you are Black.

you still haven't answered my question, which of the following do you identify with brother?

Both of them are my brothers even as misguided as they might be. shyt, even you c00n Dominicans are Black family even though yall wanna be the Black sheep of the African Diaspora along with a few others. One day you'll accept knowledge of self:wow: