What's up with Dominicans who think they are white and not black?

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Fair enough. I will say this though

If you wanna say that the majority of Dominicans look like Romero Santos, fine. However, I don't think these are the type of Dominicans that Coli posters are talking about. I think if a Dominican like that said they weren't Black, people wouldn't say anything. If anything, I bet most people would think he was Puerto Rican.

When people here think of Dominicans, they think of people like Manny Ramirez, David Ortiz, and Sammy Sosa. Aka Black Dominicans. Those are the ones that people take offense to saying they're not Black. If a Black American that looked like them said they weren't Black, nikkas would look at them like :what:

Oh and I understand being proud of your nationality. I am Puerto Rican, so I understand that pride. But nobody's saying you can't be proud of your nationality and you're race. Tego Calderon came out and talked about how he was proud to be a Black Latino. Don Omar as well. Talked about the racism they faced as a Black man and how they Latinos were taught to hate their Blackness.

I remember when Zoe Saldana went to DR and talked said she was a Black woman. And they were like "no you're triguena" and she looked at them like :usure: Another example of what Coli posters are talking about.

It is what it is though :manny:

zoe is light skinned as fukk tho, even if she said she was black here, black women would tell her she isnt. she would get called a high yellow bytch over here.

there is nothing wrong with being proud of both race and nationality, but we are 73% mixed so race kind of loses its meaning when there is so much mixing. it becomes an afterthought after 4 or 5 generations of interracial marriages dont u think? tego came out and said that because tego is from a mostly white latin island.

this is the puerto rico ethnic breakdown according to cia.gov

white (mostly Spanish origin) 76.2%, black 6.9%, Asian 0.3%, Amerindian 0.2%, mixed 4.4%, other 12%

tego had to rep it hard cause black puerto ricans really are few. shyt im from ny and i cant say ive met too many black puerto ricans. off the top of my head i can think of 3 and i went to high school in the bronx.

i would LOVE to hear somebody like manny, sammy or big papi deny their african roots. i would be the first to call them out on it. i dont think those dominicans are the ones these coli dudes are talking about. i guarantee u big papi would never ever say he wasnt a black latino. sammy is a different story, he obviously does have self hate issues. my problem with the coli is that they generalize the whole dominican group as self-hating c00ns in denial about our african roots when its just not true. for every dude like sammy theres 10,000 dudes like juan luis guerra who always rep the african roots in their music, food, or any other aspect of culture, even tho he is a white dominican. is there some selfhate within the dominican community, ill give u that it exists, but it isnt enough of us for the whole damn country to be attacked every damn week. i mean i know its just a forum but i enjoy the coli alot and ever since ive started using it, no lie, there has been at least 6 threads doing platinum numbers attacking dominicans as a whole.

Last edited:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
I could care less about Dominicans. Most of them are c00ns, evident by this thread, the way they're doing mental gymnastics to prove how mixed they are (read: not as black). You not slick playa :comeon: If this thread was on SpanishColi.com and a bunch of Barcelona/Madrid cacs made a thread about Dominicans being their brothers, all you guala gualas would be in there like :smugfavre: All that "we identify by being Dominican first" stuff would fly out the window and you'd be happy that the Europeans accepted your azz. Trujillo did a number on yall....self hating muthafukkas :camby:

Shout out to my Haitian, Jamaican, Trini and South American brothers though. Yall cool with me.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I could care less about Dominicans. Most of them are c00ns, evident by this thread, the way they're doing mental gymnastics to prove how mixed they are (read: not as black). You not slick playa :comeon: If this thread was on SpanishColi.com and a bunch of Barcelona/Madrid cacs made a thread about Dominicans being their brothers, all you guala gualas would be in there like :smugfavre: All that "we identify by being Dominican first" stuff would fly out the window and you'd be happy that the Europeans accepted your azz. Trujillo did a number on yall....self hating muthafukkas :camby:

Shout out to my Haitian, Jamaican, Trini and South American brothers though. Yall cool with me.

:russ: logic is mental gymnastics to idiots

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

:salute:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
These are pictures of Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Cubans and Dominicans :troll:

1311896747-mexicans-celebrate-the-guelaguetza-in-oaxaca_769784.jpg

prpride39754884.jpg

cuba-es-joven-2.jpg

dr11z.jpg

One of you guys seem a bit more tanned than the others :troll:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
u dont see any european heritage? those dudes are obviously all mixed moron. if they were purely african, they would be alot different looking no?

They have a bit more of something extra than the Ricans and the Mexicans though :mjpls: I'm the moron but you can't recognize that your people tend to be browner than the average latino. Why is that? :mjpls:

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Most Black Americans don't look like a pure African either. Nobody on the Western Hemisphere is "pure" Black.

Unless you come straight from Africa like Akon or you're as Black as Wesley Snipes, then you have something else mixed in you if you wanna get technical.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Mixed with what though? :mjpls:

They playing dumb. People of color have dominant genes (alleles). Sure Dominicans have some Cac blood but their most important feature as far as society is concerned, their skin, is of color. They are of color. All racial groups besides Cacs are of color. Put an even amount of OJ and Vodka into a cup and all you'll taste is OJ, even though there is an even amount.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
They have a bit more of something extra than the Ricans and the Mexicans though :mjpls: I'm the moron but you can't recognize that your people tend to be browner than the average latino. Why is that? :mjpls:

you really are stupid as fukk breh. do u skim thru posts or ignore them completely or what? i never once denied we have african roots. 84% at least have african roots. nobody has said otherwise in this thread. what we are saying is, in a country where 73% are mixed and only 11% fully black, where is this obligation to identify ourselves as fully black? we dont call ourselves white either. we dont identify with any one race. the only identity we want and need is a dominican one. why is that so hard to get? n thats not saying we deny our african roots, thats just saying we dont see race or color, we just see our compatriots for just that, dominicans.

ONCE AGAIN! OF COURSE WE ARE MOSTLY OF AFRICAN HERITAGE! WE DONT HATE OUR HERITAGE, BUT WE DONT SEE OURSELVES AS A RACE, BUT AS A NATION. JUST CAUSE U AAs ARE A PEOPLE WITHOUT A COUNTRY, DONT TRY TO KEEP US IN YOUR BARRELL YOU MINDLESS CRABS!