What's up with Dominicans who think they are white and not black?

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
80% of black people live in the southern states. Of course you not gonna see many black owned businesses in Harlem where gentrification is taking place and forcing the renters to move outta the northeast as a whole. Besides, the few Dominicans that do c00n as hard as you want to have everything black, but never include the AA population in any of your country's festivities.

:wtf: 95% of harlem(wild guess, im sure im off by a few) is black. what does the southern states have to do with it? im talking about one sample size. i bet even down south, u will find more korean and arab owned grocery stores in black neighborhoods than black owned ones.

we are african heritage, not african american heritage. ya our cousins. too many of our cousins like to act stupid so we distance ourselves, but that doesnt mean we dont love our grandfather. simple enough?

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
:wtf: 95% of harlem(wild guess, im sure im off by a few) is black. what does the southern states have to do with it? im talking about one sample size. i bet even down south, u will find more korean and arab owned grocery stores in black neighborhoods than black owned ones.

we are african heritage, not african american heritage. ya our cousins. too many of our cousins like to act stupid so we distance ourselves, but that doesnt mean we dont love our grandfather. simple enough?

Preach that black power shyt to the Dominicans and see what happens :mjpls:

More blacks became entrepreneurial since the Recession and are down south. Check out Black Enterprise magazine and see what top 10 cities for blacks to live and thrive in.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Preach that black power shyt to the Dominicans and see what happens :mjpls:

More blacks became entrepreneurial since the Recession and are down south. Check out Black Enterprise magazine and see what top 10 cities for blacks to live and thrive in.

why would anybody preach african-american power shyt to dominicans? DR and USA are 2 different countries. Ya need all the pro-black shyt here cause this is a racist country and the civil rights movement was just 50 years ago and there is a gross imbalance in wealth between whites and blacks. In DR, there is no imbalance by color. Whether you white or black or mixed, its a 3rd world country. we have 3rd world problems to worry about. That white dominican and black dominican are both too busy scraping by for 1 or 2 meals to worry about each other's complexion. I have a cousin whiter than justin bieber who works 12 hour days, 6 days a week at a window and door factory and he makes $50 a week. Dont nobody give a fukk about color. As for haitians, yea they are mistreated but not because they are black, its because we poor as fukk as it is and now our next door neighbors are coming over ilegaly and taking the few low paying jobs and government help when the government can barely help its own.

ya need to understand, we are a poor country. our priorities are different.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I wouldn't go as far to say there is no imbalance in color breh

there is but not on purpose, it just happens to be that most poor people are black. i dont think the government is purposefully trying to keep the black dominican down tho.

if u look at DRs history, most of the slaves were kept in the cibao valley which is where all the crops were grown. All the slaves and slave masters ended up intermarrying and staying there, and when the country made some progress, that progress was felt mostly in the cities like Santo Domingo, where mostly the privileged lived. The poor people up in the mountains and hillsides got left behind but that was all consequential that the majority were black and mixed. The dominican government is not, however, doing its best to keep black and mixed dominicans poor the way the US government is doing to colored americans. In DR, whether u white, mixed or black, if u poor u are equally worthless. No poor white dominicans are spending their time burning crosses on the frontyards of poor black dominicans. they gang up together on haitians, which is wrong, but its about the border thing, not a color thing.

Last edited:

NvrCMyNut

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The pro Haitian Government isn't, but there is prejudice towards the darker skinned like everywhere else. We both know what these idiots are saying about our country & people is exaggerated bullshyt but lets not exaggerate like them. DR is not a racial utopia.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
The pro Haitian Government isn't, but there is prejudice towards the darker skinned in every day society. We both know what these idiots are saying about our country & people is exaggerated bullshyt but lets not exaggerate like them. DR is not a racial utopia.

where im from, the only prejudice i ever see is towards haitians. i never heard of no black dominicans being lynched and killed for just being black. the fact that we are as mixed as we are shows how little race really mattered throughout the history of the country.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
All I want you guys to do is acknowledge the Dominicans that downplay their African heritage and go at them. :yeshrug:

they exist, but like ive said over and over, any dominican that completely denies having african ancestry is an idiot and not a representative of the entire country. you guys make it sound like the country made a public declaration denying our african roots.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
they exist, but like ive said over and over, any dominican that completely denies having african ancestry is an idiot and not a representative of the entire country. you guys make it sound like the country made a public declaration denying our african roots.
All we are doing is calling them out.

Your exaggerating if you think that we are acting like the country made a public declaration denying your Africans roots.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
All we are doing is calling them out.

Your exaggerating if you think that we are acting like the country made a public declaration denying your Africans roots.

ya nikkas make an anti-dominican hate thread every week on here. whenever the word dominican gets mentioned, its followed by pages of coli nikkas spewing hate.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
ya nikkas make an anti-dominican hate thread every week on here. whenever the word dominican gets mentioned, its followed by pages of coli nikkas spewing hate.
This thread is actually anti self hate.

The fact that you think this thread that is anti self hate is a thread about all Dominicans is interesting tho.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
This thread is actually anti self hate.

The fact that you think this thread that is anti self hate is a thread about all Dominicans is interesting tho.

looking at the title, maybe it didnt start out that way, but then all the hateful and ignorant posts sure turned it into that

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
manny and david ortiz and sammy sosa are all black dominicans breh. i never said there are NO black dominicans. but the majority of dominicans look like this

romeo%20santos.jpg

thats an obviously mixed man. some are darker than others, but the majority look mixed. ya keep missing the point. we dont deny that africa is part of that mix, we just dont identify with our race. so when we say we are dominican not black, we are saying we are a nationality not a skin color.
Fair enough. I will say this though

If you wanna say that the majority of Dominicans look like Romero Santos, fine. However, I don't think these are the type of Dominicans that Coli posters are talking about. I think if a Dominican like that said they weren't Black, people wouldn't say anything. If anything, I bet most people would think he was Puerto Rican.

When people here think of Dominicans, they think of people like Manny Ramirez, David Ortiz, and Sammy Sosa. Aka Black Dominicans. Those are the ones that people take offense to saying they're not Black. If a Black American that looked like them said they weren't Black, nikkas would look at them like :what:

Oh and I understand being proud of your nationality. I am Puerto Rican, so I understand that pride. I wish Americans were proud to be American But nobody's saying you can't be proud of your nationality and you're race. Tego Calderon came out and talked about how he was proud to be a Black Latino. Don Omar as well. Talked about the racism they faced as a Black man and how they Latinos were taught to hate their Blackness.

I remember when Zoe Saldana went to DR and talked said she was a Black woman. And they were like "no you're triguena" and she looked at them like :usure: Another example of what Coli posters are talking about.

It is what it is though :manny: