What's up with Dominicans who think they are white and not black?

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
AAs ARE A PEOPLE WITHOUT A COUNTRY, DONT TRY TO KEEP US IN YOUR BARRELL YOU MINDLESS CRABS!

America is our country. You know, the place you come to make money to support people back in your shytty country?

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Most Black Americans don't look like a pure African either. Nobody on the Western Hemisphere is "pure" Black.

Unless you come straight from Africa like Akon or you're as Black as Wesley Snipes, then you have something else mixed in you if you wanna get technical.

but ya keep comparing the issue of race in the US to the issue of race in DR. Here they came up with the one drop rule and thats the rule AAs abide by cause the white man said so. In DR, we dont see ourselves as any one race but as a mix of 3, mostly 2. Show me a dominican as black as wesley snipes claiming to be white and i will shut up and dap and rep every dude in here thats my word.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
America is our country. You know, the place you come to make money to support people back in your shytty country?

yea now your a proud american :heh: i never once in my life seen a brother rep the USA. if he does, the rest of the militants call him a sellout and a c00n. you and i both know this.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
yea now your a proud american :heh: i never once in my life seen a brother rep the USA. if he does, the rest of the militants call him a sellout and a c00n. you and i both know this.

You're confusing our hate for our government with out love of our country. I would not live anywhere else, If I could.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
You're confusing our hate for our government with out love of our country. I would not live anywhere else, If I could.

then u are 1 in a million. i have seen brothers from all over the planet rep their countries flags HARD, yet i have never seen a brother in the hood rep that US flag as hard as a jamaican reps his flag or a puerto rican his or a mexican his

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
then u are 1 in a million. i have seen brothers from all over the planet rep their countries flags HARD, yet i have never seen a brother in the hood rep that US flag as hard as a jamaican reps his flag or a puerto rican his or a mexican his

That's 3rd world inferiority complex. I don't really see too many people of any race in America repping USA flags, except immigrants and poor White trash.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
That's 3rd world inferiority complex. I don't really see too many people of any race in America repping USA flags, except immigrants and poor White trash.

thats not a 3rd world thing. america is the least patriotic of all the first world countries, but that doesnt mean other first world countries dont go hard. shyt england, france, the aussies, russians, even argentinians rep their countries hard everywhere they go. americans are only patriots on july 4th

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
thats not a 3rd world thing. america is the least patriotic of all the first world countries, but that doesnt mean other first world countries dont go hard. shyt england, france, the aussies, russians, even argentinians rep their countries hard everywhere they go. americans are only patriots on july 4th

They're all beneath us. Every country feels inferior to us.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
They're all beneath us. Every country feels inferior to us.

:comeon: there is no european country that feels inferior to the US. europeans are actually quite snobby to americans and regard americans as buffoons.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
:comeon: there is no european country that feels inferior to the US. europeans are actually quite snobby to americans and regard americans as buffoons.

So they say but their actions say otherwise :laff::laff::laff::laff:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
So they say but their actions say otherwise :laff::laff::laff::laff:

anyway, the point is, AAs, for the most part, dont feel like they belong to this country. thats why even way back there was that whole marcus garvey back to africa movement. even malcolm used to call black americans the people without a country. too american for africa and too african for america. it might be getting better, but there is no trust in this country (with good reason) from AAs. so when ya hear other colored people refer to themselves by nationality instead of race, it bothers ya.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
anyway, the point is, AAs, for the most part, dont feel like they belong to this country.

You as a Dominican think you can speak for Black Americans and how we feel :laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:

We might get dramatic and have a love/hate relationship with our country but that's us just being extra, we would never leave :comeon:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
You as a Dominican think you can speak for Black Americans and how we feel :laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:

We might get dramatic and have a love/hate relationship with our country but that's us just being extra, we would never leave :comeon:

me as a dominican who has been in this country for nearly 30 years, all of them on the same block in Harlem and in harlem school districts and almost entirely black teachers, yes i think i have some perspective on that issue.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
african and european . But yeah Dominicans in general are darker/more black than other latin countries...

definitely more african than european, no disputing that. but we arent running around claiming spain either. me myself im a white dominican and if u call me white i will cut u off just as quick as a dark skinned dominican being called black would. the whole thing is just a misunderstanding of our point of view. we dont see ourselves as a race anymore, its just dominican pride. it took over and there is no "afro-dominican" or "euro-dominican" its just dominican. even still, u will find more people claiming "Afro-dominican" than those claiming "euro-dominican"