What's up with Dominicans who think they are white and not black?

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
:banderas: @ this. Straight KO blow after KO blow

Why you shyt on black people all of a sudden? :stopitslime:

You rep your black roots for a second, then you shyt on AAs over the bullshyt of a few people. Let the bigoted Dominicans shyt on black people and still struggle with group economics, that don't own any land to support each other or to pass down on. I'm not even hating on entire groups like you, just that it is stupid to think that denying and bleaching your black skin and your background is the way to go.

Haitians and Jamaicans that rep their African roots >>> a few c00ns that deny their roots that speak Spanish.

i was saying how u cant blame those ignorant few who want to distance themselves from black americans when they arrive here. i dont hate the entire group, ive said over and over, im a harlem kat. the majority of my friends growing up were black. some of my favorite teachers were black. one of my idols is malcolm.

then you shyt on AAs over the bullshyt of a few people

your own medicine. you judge my entire group over the actions or words of very few.

You could deny being black but to a racist cop your just another ******.

Even worse is that you guys are seen as immigrants so they would be more against you.

I did all I can do and in fact still do to help out fellow AAs, in fact I help out all allies that are cool with AAs.

FYI There are successful AAs out there. It isn't my fault that you pretend that they don't exist.

i know that denying doesnt help, i said its stupid. but think about it objectively. n no, immigrants actually dont get treated as bad unless they are criminals. an innocent immigrant and an innocent black person getting locked up get treated totally different from what ive seen. sad but true.

i know there are succesful AAs. i even said that i dont think we are doing better in this country in general, but when u go to the HOODS, at least on the east coast, you will find 10 times more dominican owned businesses than u will find black owned. i swear to god, in all my time living in harlem, i have seen at least 5 times more dominican bodegas than black owned ones and thats being generous. even the clothing stores on 125th are mostly owned by african immigrants or west indians. as a whole, blacks in the country are doing better simply because we are a very small percentage of people and only exist significantly on parts of the east coast, mostly the northeast and then florida.

good. I can found a similar pic of Haiatians that look whiter than them. Even the whitest kid looks like he's mixed with something when you look at his hair :laugh:

So, if I go deep for some white Haitians, does that mean there are plenty of Black, White, SPaniards, Italian mixed people in Haiti ? While it's common sense most Haitians are Black, darkskinned or mixed ? You neggas disgust me.

DOminic00ns (not all dominicans) gonna Cooon!!!

Simple as that

you are still beating the same dead horse. we KNOW we have african roots. DUH nikka. but we also have alot of other things. i put up the facts, but ill do it again.

Dominican Republic - 73% mixed, 16% white, 11% black
Haiti - 95% Black, 5% mulatto or white

according to cia.gov world fact book

so how u gonna compare? im not making this shyt up. Haiti, Jamaica, Trinidad and the rest are 90% pure black and above. The dominican republic is 11% pure black! 73% mixed! and we STILL have a HUGE african influence in all aspects of our culture and the majority of dominicans accept it and are proud.

when u ask a person "what are you?/where u from?" there is a couple of things to consider.

does that person identify most with a religion?(i.e. jewish. no matter where in the word they are from, jews are jews)
does that person identify most with a country?(i.e. im american, im canadian, im scandinavian)
does that person identify most with just their race?(i.e. im black, im white, im asian)

when u ask a black american that question, 90% of the time they say black.
when u ask a white american, 90% of the time they say american.
when u ask a mexican, they dont say mestizo or aztec, they say mexican.
when u ask a dominican, we say dominican.

if u ask straightforward, what race are you, we will tell u mixed. very very very few dominicans will claim to be purely white, even tho 16% of the country, myself included, qualify as white. i have been called white before and i quick to say "nah son im dominican".

that question has a variety of answers depending on who u ask and what they identify with. 73% of my country is MIXED.

ya have to be the dumbest group of people on the internet.

chocolate st0rmfr0nt :russ:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
so how u gonna compare? im not making this shyt up. Haiti, Jamaica, Trinidad and the rest are 90% pure black and above. The dominican republic is 11% pure black! 73% mixed! and we STILL have a HUGE african influence in all aspects of our culture and the majority of dominicans accept it and are proud.
fyi Indians outnumber blacks in Trinidad.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
i was saying how u cant blame those ignorant few who want to distance themselves from black americans when they arrive here. i dont hate the entire group, ive said over and over, im a harlem kat. the majority of my friends growing up were black. some of my favorite teachers were black. one of my idols is malcolm.

your own medicine. you judge my entire group over the actions or words of very few.

i know that denying doesnt help, i said its stupid. but think about it objectively. n no, immigrants actually dont get treated as bad unless they are criminals. an innocent immigrant and an innocent black person getting locked up get treated totally different from what ive seen. sad but true.

i know there are succesful AAs. i even said that i dont think we are doing better in this country in general, but when u go to the HOODS, at least on the east coast, you will find 10 times more dominican owned businesses than u will find black owned. i swear to god, in all my time living in harlem, i have seen at least 5 times more dominican bodegas than black owned ones and thats being generous. even the clothing stores on 125th are mostly owned by african immigrants or west indians. as a whole, blacks in the country are doing better simply because we are a very small percentage of people and only exist significantly on parts of the east coast, mostly the northeast and then florida.

you are still beating the same dead horse. we KNOW we have african roots. DUH nikka. but we also have alot of other things. i put up the facts, but ill do it again.

according to cia.gov world fact book

when u ask a person "what are you?/where u from?" there is a couple of things to consider.

does that person identify most with a religion?(i.e. jewish. no matter where in the word they are from, jews are jews)
does that person identify most with a country?(i.e. im american, im canadian, im scandinavian)
does that person identify most with just their race?(i.e. im black, im white, im asian)

when u ask a black american that question, 90% of the time they say black.
when u ask a white american, 90% of the time they say american.
when u ask a mexican, they dont say mestizo or aztec, they say mexican.
when u ask a dominican, we say dominican.

if u ask straightforward, what race are you, we will tell u mixed. very very very few dominicans will claim to be purely white, even tho 16% of the country, myself included, qualify as white. i have been called white before and i quick to say "nah son im dominican".

that question has a variety of answers depending on who u ask and what they identify with. 73% of my country is MIXED.

ya have to be the dumbest group of people on the internet.

chocolate st0rmfr0nt :russ:

lol. U know Trinidad has Chinese and Indian people too right ? You know Haiti has Font des Blancs which is basically more than 80% whites with blue eyes right ? I m just saying. So for that should they say "oh we're Haitians" We not Black.

:smh: at all those stupid questions.

I mean, do y all man. I have Dominican fam and my Coli idol is a proud Dominican (@krackdagawd ) and my good white friend @Mook is DOminican too right ? I just know some Dominicans be c00ning just like every other nation that c00ns.

I love you all, my Hispaniola brothers :salute:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
lol. U know Trinidad has Chinese and Indian people too right ? You know Haiti has Font des Blancs which is basically more than 80% whites with blue eyes right ? I m just saying. So for that should they say "oh we're Haitians" We not Black.

I mean, do y all man. I have Dominican fam and my Coli idol is a proud Dominican (@krackdagawd ) and my good white friend @Mook is DOminican too right ? I just know some Dominicans be c00ning just like every other nation that c00ns.

look what u did a$$hole

http://gyazo.com/ed6110f07c003dcacc57f441143ba677.png

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
fyi Indians outnumber blacks in Trinidad.

yea after i wrote it i realized it but i meant to say just jamaica and haiti..

ok, my bad, i forgot its called the west indies for a reason. theres alot of indians in the carribean. i didnt think it through but i do know this.

like i keep telling ur ignorant love to argue ass, very few dominicans deny it. we all know we have african roots. however, we dont identify ourselves as a RACE, we identify as a NATION. if u ask specifically for our RACE, its MIXED. Mostly black, but MIXED. we dont hate or reject our african roots as much as you dumbasses want to claim. stop generalizing. it can get very ugly if i generalize your people, so dont generalize on mine

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
yea after i wrote it i realized it but i meant to say just jamaica and haiti..

ok, my bad, i forgot its called the west indies for a reason. theres alot of indians in the carribean. i didnt think it through but i do know this.

like i keep telling ur ignorant love to argue ass, very few dominicans deny it. we all know we have african roots. however, we dont identify ourselves as a RACE, we identify as a NATION. if u ask specifically for our RACE, its MIXED. Mostly black, but MIXED. we dont hate or reject our african roots as much as you dumbasses want to claim. stop generalizing. it can get very ugly if i generalize your people, so dont generalize on mine

how ugly can it get ? You're welcome to try to see if I'll even entertain and catch feelings breh. What can you say to get me upset breh ? You're arguing with me and calling me names trust me brother, I love you more than you love yourself. So, you generalizing me can't be half as bad as what I have gone through as an immigrant. You can go ahead and repeat all I have been hearing and been told to get a reaction. Meanwhile, throw me some insults so I can make your day

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
how ugly can it get ? You're welcome to try to see if I'll even entertain and catch feelings breh. What can you say to get me upset breh ? You're arguing with me and calling me names trust me brother, I love you more than you love yourself. So, you generalizing me can't be half as bad as what I have gone through as an immigrant. You can go ahead and repeat all I have been hearing and been told to get a reaction. Meanwhile, throw me some insults so I can make your day

:rudy: im not going to do it cause im not a self-hating minority projecting their self-hatred onto others for attention and points with anti-militants on a forum.

im a peace loving man :blessed: but im not gonna let misinformed people talk shyt on my people and generalize the whole country the way you bytches on the coli do week after week after week

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
i put up the facts, but ill do it again.

No disrespect, but I'm gonna call bullshyt. Those numbers are skewed. Alot of the Dominicans that check mixed have enough Black in them to be considered "Black", but don't check it because putting mixed on a census puts you at a higher social status. That's not the case in Haiti.

For example

manny_ramirez_0913.jpg

A man from Dominican Republic that looks like this is Black enough to to considered "Black". If this man were from Haiti, Jamaica, U.S., etc he would label himself Black. And Latinos would label that man Black too. But since he's Dominican, that automatically makes him mixed race :usure:

That's one of the problems people have with Latinos (especially Dominicans) and how they label race and why they believe they hate their Blackness. Because they're so inconsistent with it.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
:rudy: im not going to do it cause im not a self-hating minority projecting their self-hatred onto others for attention and points with anti-militants on a forum.

im a peace loving man :blessed: but im not gonna let misinformed people talk shyt on my people and generalize the whole country the way you bytches on the coli do week after week after week

Funny how other nations, people, and even some Dominicans admit DOminicans are self hating people, meanwhile only DOminicans accuse Haitians of self hating and trynna be like them. Again, I have DOminicans in my fam and I have lived with couple DOminicans before. Negga, I used to hustle around 36 st and NW 22 Ave in Miami. You think you can tell me I m misinformed breh ? If anything, your parents lied to you just like my Seal-Michael Blackson skin toned cousin denying he is black :pachaha:

Carry on though breh and Feliz Navidad mothafukka :ufdup;

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
No disrespect, but I'm gonna call bullshyt. Those numbers are skewed. Alot of the Dominicans that check mixed have enough Black in them to be considered "Black", but don't check it because putting mixed on a census puts you at a higher social status. That's not the case in Haiti.

For example

manny_ramirez_0913.jpg

A man from Dominican Republic that looks like this is Black enough to to considered "Black". If this man were from Haiti, Jamaica, U.S., etc he would label himself Black. And Latinos would label that man Black too. But since he's Dominican, that automatically makes him mixed race :usure:

That's one of the problems people have with Latinos (especially Dominicans) and how they label race and why they believe they hate their Blackness. Because they're so inconsistent with it.

I am telling you. Big Papi would say he is mixed, not Black meanwhile you got neggas like Chris Brown being Black, but hey we're confused though and trynna claim em though :heh:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR

For example

manny_ramirez_0913.jpg

manny and david ortiz and sammy sosa are all black dominicans breh. i never said there are NO black dominicans. but the majority of dominicans look like this

romeo%20santos.jpg

thats an obviously mixed man. some are darker than others, but the majority look mixed. ya keep missing the point. we dont deny that africa is part of that mix, we just dont identify with our race. so when we say we are dominican not black, we are saying we are a nationality not a skin color.

Last edited:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Funny how other nations, people, and even some Dominicans admit DOminicans are self hating people, meanwhile only DOminicans accuse Haitians of self hating and trynna be like them. Again, I have DOminicans in my fam and I have lived with couple DOminicans before. Negga, I used to hustle around 36 st and NW 22 Ave in Miami. You think you can tell me I m misinformed breh ? If anything, your parents lied to you just like my Seal-Michael Blackson skin toned cousin denying he is black :pachaha:

Carry on though breh and Feliz Navidad mothafukka :ufdup;

self-hating :rudy: nobody is prouder or happy to be who we are than dominicans :blessed:

carry on with ur bs.

im proud to be a dominican and i dont need to attack other groups to validate how proud i am :blessed: