What's this Black folk were in America before slaves were brought over????

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Or the World Bank and IMF is strong-arming them to say this so they can continue the myth that Africans sold Africans?

Stop being so naive. There's a reason white countries ain't apologizing for slavery but making black countries do so. You nikkas really need to start thinking past the headlines.

Exactly,we have seen a rise in the narrative that makes it seem like africans selling africans was some sanctioned shyt accross the board. We can't ignore that it was in some cases sanctioned,but there were rulers who sanctioned in there interest,and greedy blacks willing to sell out other blacks for personal gain. Same as we see today in different form:martin:

Afonso I of Kongo - Wikipedia
Afonso I expressed a great deal of irritation with the Portuguese in a letter he wrote in 1514. In this letter Afonso I openly stated he would like to have full control of the Kongo-Portuguese slave trade. The Portuguese did not approve of this measure and the situation progressively got worse. The slave trade continued unabated until it was resolved in 1526. Afonso I in 1526 created a commission to investigate the origin of any individual who was to be sold as a slave. This helped put an end to the illegal slave trade occurring in the Kongo.

Although Afonso was outspokenly opposed to slavery and initially fought the Portuguese demand for human beings, he eventually relented in order to sustain the economy of the Kongo. Initially Afonso sent war captives and criminals to be sold as slaves to the Portuguese. Eventually Portuguese demand for slaves exceeded the country's potential supply, prompting them to search for slaves in neighboring regions.[6]

Afonso let this situation continue for as long as it did as an attempt to not be overtly rude to the Portuguese, as he had actively required their help to solve various conflicts within his Kingdom. Afonso I also had been attempting to resolve the situation diplomatically through letters to the Vatican as well as to Portugal. The responses told him that they had little intention of altering the actions of the Portuguese traders. The Portuguese regarded the slave trade as nothing more than typical commerce. This is why the commission was established. The Portuguese showed clear disdain with the condition of the slave economics of the Kongo and attempted to assassinate Afonso I in 1540. This attempt resulted failure.

The Slave Trade[edit]
In 1526 Afonso wrote a series of letters condemning the violent behavior of the Portuguese in his country and the establishment of the trans-Atlantic slave trade. At one point he accused them of assisting brigands in his own country and illegally purchasing free people as slaves. He also threatened to close the trade altogether. However, in the end, Afonso established an examination committee to determine the legality of all enslaved persons presented for sale.

Afonso was a determined soldier and extended Kongo's effective control to the south. His letter of 5 October 1514 reveals the connections between Afonso's men, Portuguese mercenaries in Kongo's service and the capture and sale of slaves by his forces, many of which he retained in his own service.

In 1526 Afonso wrote two letters concerning the slave trade to the king of Portugal, decrying the rapid destabilization of his kingdom as the Portuguese slave traders intensified their efforts.

In one of his letters he writes

"Each day the traders are kidnapping our people - children of this country, sons of our nobles and vassals, even people of our own family. This corruption and depravity are so widespread that our land is entirely depopulated. We need in this kingdom only priests and schoolteachers, and no merchandise, unless it is wine and flour for Mass. It is our wish that this Kingdom not be a place for the trade or transport of slaves."
Many of our subjects eagerly lust after Portuguese merchandise that your subjects have brought into our domains. To satisfy this inordinate appetite, they seize many of our black free subjects.... They sell them. After having taken these prisoners [to the coast] secretly or at night..... As soon as the captives are in the hands of white men they are branded with a red-hot iron.
[7]

Notice he didn't really get serious until they started kidnapping members of the royal family he thought were above being traded into slavery:why:.apologies are owed,but you are absolutely right with the intensified focus on the narrative about blacks selling blacks. Studying history is so interesting,because it shows how history and mentalities repeats itself from generation to generation.Reincarnation in a sense is real,in a real way.

Daps
Just more Anti-Blackness/Association with Africaness passed off as forbidden knowledge.
That's only the case for idiots who don't believe that slaves were brought here from Africa AT ALL. Reasonable people realize that both could be the case, that there were some black people already here and some brought over. And if there were some blacks here it doesn't mean that they were indigenous, they could have traveled here on there own. :yeshrug:

DillaTUDE

Superstar
Daps
nikka we African than a muthafukka. It's in my soul, bones, and skin but I wouldn't be surprised if some black natives were absorbed into our gene pool. I've seen African Americans from the south with 9% Melanesian DNA. I have never seen an African American with that much native American DNA.

How you African when this thread and other theories like this are suggesting that your ancestors didn't even come from Africa in the first place? :what:

Pit Bull

GATOR
Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw Mafia
How you African when this thread and other theories like this are suggesting that your ancestors didn't even come from Africa in the first place? :what:
Since you want to play that game. What you do is you find a quote from
@Big Lysol that explicitly states "African Americans are not African" until then fall the fukk back nikka.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
for the record, it's most likely true that there were "black" looking people in Americas before the atlantic slave trade/europeans came. The thing is, they were not directly of recent African descent but just darker mongoloid related people

lead-luzia7666rttf.jpg

Last edited:

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Except genetic testing disprove that narrative though :patrice: It clearly proved that AA as a group were 80% African - 20% British and sometimes 1% Native American.

And like I said I don't believe in the concept of race. :hubie: So it doesn't matter how a person look to me.

Also do you realize that what you say is very different that what most of the people in this thread said? If you're talking about a time where the whole world was considered "black" that is a extremely different narrative :usure:

That testing sounds suspect,who did the test?who was apart of the testing?
After investigating,it looks like this testing came from 23 and Me:martin:
http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2014/12/genetic-study-reveals-surprising-ancestry-many-americans

I don't neccesarily believe in those dna test things these companys do,and I think some of them have been clearly proven not all that accurate as you can get differnt results from different companys. But some of what they are saying is logical sense,that I could have told them without doing dna test. Much of my family and people I know who have native american ancestry are from the midwest. But we can definitely say this test didn't clearly prove any thing about AA's as a group.

Fani Willis fan

Man What
Daps
I swear the coli killed bow wow and waka flocka flame for this shyt. now y'all jacking it. thats crazy lol

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
They can't and never do because they don't know shyt about the subject. Just a bunch of "you're ashamed of Africa" .
I don't even get that narrative they trying to run with honestly. if we're saying africans were capable of exploring other regions before the Europeans. esepecially since I posted a continetal african scholar saying the same thing. nikkas side step all the sources and just post their emotions.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
for the record, it's most likely true that there were "black" looking people in Americas before the atlantic slave trade/europeans came. The thing, is they were not directly of recent African descent but just darker mongoloid related people

lead-luzia7666rttf.jpg

So this pretty much just means the "out of africa" theory is just a theory. But its a fact that "black" people were on the earth first,and we inhabited everywhere at some point in time. Them being of "african descent" isn't really an important part of this I don't think.

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
Im a tell you coli brehs now...if u a breh in 2018 and still think columbus was here before you...u need a fukkin slap :what:..it why them arab nikkas told macolm his ignorant self left home when he arrived in mecca....:usure:...that why the breh was so angry with them supposed real nikkas in the nation knowing damn well they getting paid off to act like nikkas been here long before any cac had a map :usure:....dun speak to nikkas who talk that slave bullshyt....:camby:...itsxa reason them ofays jealous of you besides the size thing :steviej:

you ever notice how these cac academics and historians have no problem saying Vikings were here before Columbus :sas1:

Benefited

Banned
Daps
I swear the coli killed bow wow and waka flocka flame for this shyt. now y'all jacking it. thats crazy lol

"When it comes to talking about African-Americans, I have no education with that,” he said. “Period. I’m not even connected to that no more. Because that’s a system.”

Waka, instead, claims the race of the indigenous peoples (also known as Native Americans), arguing that “80 percent of slaves were already here” prior to the African slave trade. You know Sway couldn’t let that number fly past without asking where he got it from, to which Waka simply responded “the books.”

Ironically enough, fans were even more baffled by his sentiments considering that he wore a “Black By Popular Demand” T-shirt during the interview.

“I’m confused, but I’m d**n sure not Black,”

I ain't saying the same thing as Waka:whoa: