What would Jesus think of Joel Osteen's $325,000 Ferrari?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Getting rich just by telling people to forgive and repent, and reading a few paragraphs from a fictional book …the American dream and goat job :wow:

He's no different than any other motivational speaker

I realized that's what the church game basically is

I use to live with a religious family when I was an interning at a commercial studio, they were seven day adventist, so they believed saturady was in the sabbath day not sunday, but they were real christians and not dumb people.

They would always pay tide, and their pastor was clearly getting rich of the congregation

and I asked them why did they do it, because Pastor eating off it, and they didn't care, they said they do what they are suppose to do, and the pastor has to answer to god not them if he is missing using the funds

So you have people who have a very dogmatic religious code like that, and you have people who just see the shyt was entertainment

It's no different than people giving money to streamers in superchats and all they doing is talking shyt before an audience

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:beli:I hate threads like this because it becomes a "GOTCHA...RELIGION IS A TOOL". In reality, folks like Joel Osteen are biblical hustlers, while the real ones are out there giving to the poor without cameras. Biblical hustlers you just take the meat and throw away the bones. You get the message and keep it bouncing because they are being used to send God's word to the land. Just don't get caught up in their shyt like attending their big ass church and etc.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm not hating any more. This guy has been gouging and grifting so long and people keep buying into it. That's on them.

You can't buy your way into the kingdom

Right. The word of God can be found anywhere. Many churches these days are about the following of the pastor.

I remember one of the large churches in my area. If you weren’t showing up at 7:30am on Sunday, you aren’t getting a parking spot inside their massive lot. You are parking along the street, and because there were so many people going to this church, the walk can be upwards to a half a mile if you are street parking.

As the following of this church was so big, I can only imagine what the tithe revenue was on a weekly basis. The pastor had his own special parking spot, a BMW. I remember it being the first BMW I saw up close (this was early 90s). There was controversy that happened later on though, the pastor and his wife divorced (I think the rumors were that he cheated on her). A LOT of people left the church.

These days you can easily get a parking space if you go to the 10:00am service. The main auditorium which was once so full (two levels) that you couldn’t get in after it started can now barely fill its lower stage halfway.

Tetsuo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Getting rich just by telling people to forgive and repent, and reading a few paragraphs from a fictional book …the American dream and goat job :wow:
I'm in the wrong business:wow:

One of the biggest scumbag managers at my job is also a pastor. Seen him all on facebook looking fly as hell:russ:

Called me a sinner for giving my number to girls and asking them out:what:

A week ago he asked my homegirl out and when she told him she had a boyfriend he was like "I don't care:mjlit:"

:mjlol:

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
Job was rich..stop demonizing Money it’s a blessing from God what we do with that blessing is on us

Lucifer blesses as well.

So who does Joel serve? We know who Job served, so within the context of your previous response..you’re correct but again, with more emphasis, WHO DOES JOEL OSTEEN SERVE?

Sex Luthor

I'm like kryptonite to these thots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
:ufdup:
He went on to say....

15 Then he said to them, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; life does not consist in an abundance of possessions.”

16 And he told them this parable: “The ground of a certain rich man yielded an abundant harvest. 17 He thought to himself, ‘What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.’

18 “Then he said, ‘This is what I’ll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store my surplus grain. 19 And I’ll say to myself, “You have plenty of grain laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.”’

20 “But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?’

21 “This is how it will be with whoever stores up things for themselves but is not rich toward God.”
God sounds like a hater :mjlol:

Plus he's not stockpiling ferraris he only has the one. It's next to his Rolls Royce, Lambo and private jet.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
Dude is a sham. Does he really need a Ferrari? Live humbly. If i had his money i wouldn't be ballin like that. That's how folks get broke. Property would be a better investment. Maybe a tricked out old school whip would be my choice fukk all that european whips bullshyt.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Crazy he don't even care or recognize the optic's. a preacher is supposed to lead a humble life, living off charity and giving charity back in turn,

Even if you have a super successful mega church, and can afford nice things. I would still expect you to be more frugal about it. don't get a mega mansion in Beverly hills or some shyt, get a farm out in the country side. don't buy a lambo, get something new and nice that doesn't draw attention like an audi or something.
Don't buy a private jet, just fly first class or book tickets on a private flights. Don't buy a yacht, just rent some shyt whenever you want go fishing. at least give the impression that you not in it for profit.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
Crazy he don't even care or recognize the optic's. a preacher is supposed to lead a humble life, living off charity and giving charity back in turn,

Even if you have a super successful mega church, and can afford nice things. I would still expect you to be more frugal about it. don't get a mega mansion in Beverly hills or some shyt, get a farm out in the country side. don't buy a lambo, get something new and nice that doesn't draw attention like an audi or something.
Don't buy a private jet, just fly first class or book tickets on a private flights. Don't buy a yacht, just rent some shyt whenever you want go fishing. at least give the impression that you not in it for profit.

Yeah, the disregard for the optics is what has me confused.

Get a nice house but be within reach of your people. Even if I had 200 million tomorrow, I'm not moving like that.

Childhood dream was to push a Ferrari? Rent one for a weekend and take it to a track.

He can enjoy his blessings but not look like a charlatan at the same time.