What would Jesus think of Joel Osteen's $325,000 Ferrari?

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
:beli:I hate threads like this because it becomes a "GOTCHA...RELIGION IS A TOOL". In reality, folks like Joel Osteen are biblical hustlers, while the real ones are out there giving to the poor without cameras. Biblical hustlers you just take the meat and throw away the bones. You get the message and keep it bouncing because they are being used to send God's word to the land. Just don't get caught up in their shyt like attending their big ass church and etc.

Most people don't even know what God's Word is when they hear it. That's the reality. If they don't like the person saying it, it must not be from God. That's why real people following what God said don't have many followers and aren't popular.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:beli:I hate threads like this because it becomes a "GOTCHA...RELIGION IS A TOOL". In reality, folks like Joel Osteen are biblical hustlers, while the real ones are out there giving to the poor without cameras. Biblical hustlers you just take the meat and throw away the bones. You get the message and keep it bouncing because they are being used to send God's word to the land. Just don't get caught up in their shyt like attending their big ass church and etc.
Have you ever went to one of those mega churches? I 'm curious with all that money if they at least have cool benefits for members.
Like for example my church, they serve free breakfast on sunday mornings, we had a little community basketball tournament, and set up a scholarship raffle for the kids. They even host weddings there for members free of charge, pastor included.(you still have to pay for all the wedding accoutrements)

This one i feel like they could at least do that x10. They on cable tv for example, do they have internships for kids trying to be the next spike lee? shyt like that?

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Have you ever went to one of those mega churches? I 'm curious with all that money if they at least have cool benefits for members.
Like for example my church, they serve free breakfast on sunday mornings, we had a little community basketball tournament, and set up a scholarship raffle for the kids. They even host weddings there for members free of charge, pastor included.(you still have to pay for all the wedding accoutrements)

This one i feel like they could at least do that x10. They on cable tv for example, do they have internships for kids trying to be the next spike lee? shyt like that?

Eh, the only church I been to that was close to that was this big church in Philly which was baptist and they had some community stuff. Yet, I was not a member. Now my wife actually went to Cleflo Dollar's church and she thought it was okay. The thing about regular churches and mega churches is that the communities are different on a bigger scale. While the seats may fill up to the rafters, I would not be surprise if they still do the same deeds as regular churches.

Me on the other hand, I was always the type of dude that go to a church for the following:

• Worship
  • Prayer
  • More Worship
  • Get the main word
  • Leave
Not all for the membership shyt because of the issues that happened in my past (the apostle was a drug addict, the senior pastor knew his wife was on the stuff and he was on it as well, false prophecy, another pastor was fukking one of the prayer warriors causing his marriage to end, side hustles, etc)

Arnold

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As a “man of god” he should believe enough in his region that he will receive his earthly reward in heaven. Preachers should all live modest lives and if they make millions of their books and other things it should all go to the poor. Like the other bruh said there is no such thing as a rich man of god:ufdup:

if “Christians” don’t agree with this they are undercover atheist, if you truly believe in god you wouldn’t dare do the shyt that goes on:ufdup:
I don’t have an issue with a pastor having wealth as long as it’s not obtained through his ministry. Even with that wealth, a pastor shouldn’t flaunt how rich he is.

Arnold

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean at the end of the day he's spreading the word for god :yeshrug:

Only God can change him really. People got to stop thinking that just because this man has a Ferrari what would Jesus do? Once people realize that this life is about energy and stop pocket watching nikkaz will always be hating. People say they want all these nice things in the world but don't want to put in the work to get it. You have to pick where you are going to direct your energy too. If you want to put the energy in getting money then you got to figure out your passion or a skill and work at that shyt day in and day out. The one thing I can't stand about religion is that they make God look like some genie or Santa Clause and don't understand that he/she is all about energy.
I wouldn’t say what he does can be defined as spreading the word of God.

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
To be fair, dudes like him, TD Jakes, Creflo etc make their fortune off selling books, CDs, DVDs.

Personally believe pastors should live modestly and on church property like the old days but :manny:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Eh, the only church I been to that was close to that was this big church in Philly which was baptist and they had some community stuff. Yet, I was not a member. Now my wife actually went to Cleflo Dollar's church and she thought it was okay. The thing about regular churches and mega churches is that the communities are different on a bigger scale. While the seats may fill up to the rafters, I would not be surprise if they still do the same deeds as regular churches.

Me on the other hand, I was always the type of dude that go to a church for the following:

• Worship
  • Prayer
  • More Worship
  • Get the main word
  • Leave
Not all for the membership shyt because of the issues that happened in my past (the apostle was a drug addict, the senior pastor knew his wife was on the stuff and he was on it as well, false prophecy, another pastor was fukking one of the prayer warriors causing his marriage to end, side hustles, etc)
I don't really go to church anymore, but for me it was a lifestyle. Church on sundays, bible study wednesday evenings, children put on plays for the holidays.
we had aa meetings for people trying to kick addictions, nursery/daycare for people with young children, chili cookoff competitions for charity in the summer. It was worship and fellowship.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I wouldn’t say what he does can be defined as spreading then word of God.

Exactly. Dudes like Osteen just say obvious life hacks with just adding the word God to the lesson. There's no worship or feeling of fulfillment. It's just :dwillhuh:":oh, I see that I must be calm in the issues of life". Meanwhile, a legit man or woman of God will tell you what needs to be said. Even go as far as life changing words of clarity.

My wife and I peeped some of those sermons on TBN and realize that these dudes are selling wolf tickets. They basically are selling a personality, rather than God's divine word. Hence, why you see church signs having the pastor and his wife's name over Jesus Christ. Its sickening :beli:

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
:dahell:

he'd call him out just like he did the false teachers of the law

he would tell osteen to go sell all your possessions and follow me like he did the rich man already

Woe to you who are rich, for you have already received your comfort
Woe to you who are well fed now, for you will go hungry

99% of churches have under 100 members and are just getting by yet do work in the community
99% of pastors don't take a dime from the church

coli only focuses on the 1 percent
My childhood pastor growing up was a city bus mechanic during the week. Drove a busted up Chevy pickup. Lived in a average crib in the hood.

Church had heating & plumbing issues for years until they raised enough money to get it fixed.

Coli agnostics/atheists will tell you every pastor lives in luxury tho

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I don't really go to church anymore, but for me it was a lifestyle. Church on sundays, bible study wednesday evenings, children put on plays for the holidays.
we had aa meetings for people trying to kick addictions, nursery/daycare for people with young children, chili cookoff competitions for charity in the summer. It was worship and fellowship.

I'm with you on that. Honestly, my wife and I haven't been to a church since 2015ish. We realize that the church is within us. We pray despite how we feel about our current season, son does devotional Sundays with us so we can get the word for the week, and we just keep it trucking. The main reason why churches exists for those that are caught up in the world. People that do not see the God in themselves, so they seek answers from just another man trying to get to heaven.

While this is a good deed, there is more to being a person of God than just going to a church session and not figuring out the motive to your existence.

When I used to go to church, it was more of building up my focal point and getting away from the old me. I wanted to "die" and be born again. Once the message was clear and my spirit became more anointed, along with my prophetic abilities, I just realize that my wife and I are just peculiar people walking this crazy world.

Bottom line, it is okay to be a member, but remember to get the meat and throw away the bones. That way you won't get caught up and embrace a potential church hurt.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Exactly. Dudes like Osteen just say obvious life hacks with just adding the word God to the lesson. There's no worship or feeling of fulfillment. It's just :dwillhuh:":oh, I see that I must be calm in the issues of life". Meanwhile, a legit man or woman of God will tell you what needs to be said. Even go as far as life changing words of clarity.

My wife and I peeped some of those sermons on TBN and realize that these dudes are selling wolf tickets. They basically are selling a personality, rather than God's divine word. Hence, why you see church signs having the pastor and his wife's name over Jesus Christ. Its sickening :beli:

olsteen doesn't even talk about hell etc.
he's just tony robbins out there

shout out to real gs like pastor gino jennings

Arnold

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yeah, seeing the pastor’s name with the word “ministries” behind it on the church website is a red flag for me (not saying all who do that are false teachers). Folks flock to those churches to get emotional highs and those churches teach you that God is basically a personal genie. All you have to do is think positive about what you want in life and God will grant it. Scriptures are taken out of context….I can go on and on.

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I don’t have an issue with a pastor having wealth as long as it’s not obtained through his ministry. Even with that wealth, a pastor shouldn’t flaunt how rich he is.
Indeed...this is what Muslims demand their Imam.